Do moderate and deluxe buses.....

Yes, perhaps its just at peak times. I'd also wonder how/if this will change once the Skyliner is open.
I'll speculate the internal buses, and maybe even the park buses, will have an additional stop at the Skyliner station. Pictures already show a bus stop. I'll also speculate bus service to EPCOT and DHS will either be gradually phased out or have some reductions.

CBR is the only resort at any level where I didn't enjoy the bus service - I love letting someone else drive! There was a lot of construction when I was there in February, so maybe it was a crazy route, but it just seemed to take forever, and I was at the last stop. Even just getting out of the resort when there wasn't a stop was slow.

For time on the bus in the resort, I think OKW and SSR are the worst. There are a lot of stops and they aren't in a nice loop, so you're going up a road and turning around at most of them.

Don't leave Deluxes out of that mix. They may have dedicated buses during heavier times but shared routes at slow times and LONG waits between buses during the slow times as well. We had an absolutely miserable experience waiting for a Beach Club bus once around 2pm.

Shared buses.

• All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, All-Star Movies
  • Pop Century, Art of Animation
  • Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge
  • Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian
  • Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, BoardWalk
  • Jambo House, Kidani Village
The only time we had a shared bus at the BC(other than the YC) was to/from Disney Springs. We never had an issue getting a bus, even at Disney Springs, except once at Typhoon Lagoon and that was because of a terrible storm that slowed all transportation to a crawl.

Every time I've stayed at either Contemporary or GF they did not share buses (except for the dreaded return trip to the airport on ME) and I stayed at both multiple times since this May. Usually it's Poly & GF (with GF being second), and Contemporary with WL. Also, when I stayed at YC recently they shared with BC while Boardwalk shared with S&D, those buses never shared. AoA and Pop also have never shared on any trip I've ever been on except for the ME bus.
Well great
I assure you the CAN share
I've stayed at every resort but OKW and had at least one shared trip to A destination (not the ME as we use Uber)
It is not always consistent.
Except for DS. There almost always sharing too and from DS fire the deluxe resorts.
BWI and Swan/Dolphin share to AK most trips. MK can share but it's rare
When staying at Poly and WL we've had their buses to HS and AK share with another resort too.
Point is you may share and you may not.

We stayed at Contemporary a few months ago and the only other place the Disney bus ever stopped was at Wilderness Lodge. That was true for either going to/from one of the parks or to/from the airport. Perhaps at off hours they combine routes or have fewer buses in service.

Every time I've stayed at either Contemporary or GF they did not share buses (except for the dreaded return trip to the airport on ME) and I stayed at both multiple times since this May. Usually it's Poly & GF (with GF being second), and Contemporary with WL. Also, when I stayed at YC recently they shared with BC while Boardwalk shared with S&D, those buses never shared. AoA and Pop also have never shared on any trip I've ever been on except for the ME bus.
This has mostly been my experience too:
WL and Contemporary
Poly and GF
YC and BC
BWI, sometimes with S&D, sometimes they go straight to parks
Kidani and Jambo

We've stayed at POR twice and what we have done with the moderates is get on the *last* stop. That way it goes straight to the parks. Saves you at least 15 minutes of going around.

Shared buses...
Beach Club & Yacht Club no longer share buses with the other three resorts you mentioned. They only share with each other, which is no problem as they're right next to each other & only have one stop each. Animal Kingdom Lodge & Kidani Village are the same way.

Last edited:
Don't leave Deluxes out of that mix. They may have dedicated buses during heavier times but shared routes at slow times and LONG waits between buses during the slow times as well. We had an absolutely miserable experience waiting for a Beach Club bus once around 2pm.

Shared buses.

• All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, All-Star Movies
  • Pop Century, Art of Animation
  • Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge
  • Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian

I don't think this is quite right.
All-Stars only share during slow times in the middle of the day. Otherwise they get their own

Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge don't share at all but there is a bus from the Settlement that goes to Wilderness Lodge then on to MK. But there's also a boat sto MK so there's a choice.

My last trip Yacht and Beach shared. Then Boardwalk Swan and Dolphin shared their own.

We were staying at the YC once and waited about an hour and a half for the MK bus!!!!! that WAS unusually bad, though......often we have 10 - 15 min waits, sometimes no wait and sometimes slightly longer ones. the point is, you never know for sure how long it will take. Allowing more than an hour to get anywhere is critical. We allow 2 hours for anything important.

A lot depends on luck at all resorts... For us the longest has been BW as there was no rhyme or reason to what resorts the bus stopped at and all different times of the day... Sometimes it was Swan, Dolphin, Yacht club and Beach club other times swan and dolphin and BW sometimes BW first sometimes BW last on return trips. The resorts we have had the best experiences at were the ones that get dinged the most which is AKL, SSR and OKW with SSR being on top of the list just never waited long for any bus any time and the rides were never long -- with the exception of AKL - MK which does take some time but no different from staying at a MK resort to AK all about 18-20 minutes once the bus leaves the resorts. SSR and OKW are 10 minutes or about from everything..

Do the deluxe and moderate buses pull up closer to the parks than the values or is that even factored in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter