Do I *really* want to do Test Track?

Its not a simulator.
Its a fully moving ride.
It should not cause motion sickness at all.
My mom who absolutely hates thrill rides is willing to go on it even with its speed.
Watch a youtube video of it if you want to know what its like. Just be sure you're watching Test Track 2.0.

I love it! It’s plenty thrilling enough for me, and I am someone who thinks Big Thunder Mountain is almost too intense. LOL!

A couple of rides are one-and-dones for me, like Space Mountain, Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage. A couple like the Rock & Rollercoaster and the Tower of Terror, I will never ride. Whereas a few like Dinosaur and BTMRR, I will attempt once in a while and def not every trip.

But Test Track, Soarin and Splash Mountain are must-dos. Loads of fun and I try to catch them every trip.

Take your hat off before riding, I lost my favorite visor to TT during my last visit!
My first Test Track, the CM at loading said "That looks like an expensive hat, might want to hang onto it". Letting me realize that losing your hat was quite common on this attracton.

As others above, I get motion sick from some rides, but I love Test Track! On the concept of being unsure whether to try a ride in general? I like to try every ride. Some I don't particularly enjoy the ride, but the theming is too good to resist (TOT). Others, most notably Mission Space Orange, made me queasy for hours, so I'll never do it again. The thing is, though, Mission Space Orange was an incredible experience, and I'm glad I did it. I guess it depends if there is any kind of health issue, but, for me, I'll chance not feeling well to try out a ride once. Whether I ever ride it again is a whole different story!

Today was my 60-day window and since I didn't want to waste time I made the exact same FP reservations for all three people in our party. I already deleted myself from Space Mountain and Star Tours but I don't know what to do about Test Track. I basically made the reservation for DS13, who is a huge car/racing/computer simulation enthusiast. As for myself, I keep reading the description of this ride (IS IT a ride?) and I'm, well, bored. Also, I suffer from motion sickness. I basically suffer through Soarin' because I love that ride so much. Otherwise, I don't do simulation rides. They make me sick. So . . . What the heck IS Test Track anyway, and if I ride it will I feel sick?
I loved it. I enjoyed the older version and I really like the new version too. My 10 year old boys LOVED getting to design their own car and then race their cars against each other in the ride.

I'm a wimp. I don't do roller coasters and soarin and fop terrify me. Not to mention the motion sickness. I absolutely love TT. It's one of my favorite rides.

Today was my 60-day window and since I didn't want to waste time I made the exact same FP reservations for all three people in our party. I already deleted myself from Space Mountain and Star Tours but I don't know what to do about Test Track. I basically made the reservation for DS13, who is a huge car/racing/computer simulation enthusiast. As for myself, I keep reading the description of this ride (IS IT a ride?) and I'm, well, bored. Also, I suffer from motion sickness. I basically suffer through Soarin' because I love that ride so much. Otherwise, I don't do simulation rides. They make me sick. So . . . What the heck IS Test Track anyway, and if I ride it will I feel sick?

It's a car, on a track that at the end goes as fast as a convertible on the highway.

If you choose not to ride, you can just enter through the gift shop and go ahead and buy your next vehicle in Chevy's showroom there. I've always wondered how many cars they actually sell there.

I'm assuming zero, its not a dealership. Not even sure they can direct you to a dealership since I think the people there work for Chevy not a car dealership.

I'm assuming zero, its not a dealership. Not even sure they can direct you to a dealership since I think the people there work for Chevy not a car dealership.

Right. In many states, a car manufacturer can't even sell directly (Tesla learned this lesson).

I think what they do in the showroom is take your information then contact you later with info about the car you are interested in. They probably includes a list of local dealerships, but not necessarily a link to a specific one. It's really just a big advertisement space, but I do like looking over the Corvette every now and again.

DW HATED roller coasters. She LOVED Test Track. Of course Test Track has really lost something since it was revamped. I know its the same track, but it just isn't as much fun. The old theming was MUCH better. IMO Disney blew that one. Thankfully it still has single rider. I really like that option.

No. It’s boring and lame. But that’s me, I expected more than jerking. The last part of the ride is the only part I like. I would not waste my fast pass or time on this ride more than once.

I wouldn't say Test Track causes motion sickness as much as other rides. It is simply a car going through a variety of different movements at different speeds. I would suggest it is more the speed and g forces that occur whilst in the car, at the end of the ride. If you dislike high speeds and that feeling, it might not be the best ride. It goes in excess of 100kmh or 64mph towards the end of the ride which is relatively smooth, with no inversions etc.

This is not a simulator and it really does not promote motion sickness unless you are an extreme case. If you can drive down the highway, you can handle this. The car does not even reach "high speeds".

It does reach 65mph (104kmh) that is one of the fastest rides in Disney.

It does reach 65mph (104kmh) that is one of the fastest rides in Disney.

When you consider that most people drive 70 - 90 MPH down the highway with much less control than a car on a track has, the short distance of 65 is really nothing. It only goes 65 for a very short stint.

I loved the old TT. Haven't tried the new one yet. The description here sounds a lot like the old version.

The physical track is the same. Now you design a car beforehand, which makes wait times longer and has no impact on the ride except for showing the "test" results throughout the ride. This can be avoided by using single rider. They stripped the interior of all props, painted everything black, and added black cutouts for props instead. Instead of testing the car in a real world like before, now you are in a virtual world with next to nothing to look at. The outside portion no longer matches the theme, as you suddenly go from a virtual world to a real one. In our opinion, this version is very boring. We miss seeing the crash dummies in the queue, the weather tests, the acid room, etc.

Test Track is way too jerky to be fun for me. The only part I like at all is the end where you're on a smooth track. But considering what precedes it, it's not worth it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter