Do I need to ADR for a Kona breakfast?

peytonsmomie

Mouseketeer
We're staying at SOG, and their food offerings aren't the greatest. I was hoping to convince the gang to head over to the Poly to grab breakfast at Captain Cook's most mornings before hoping the monorail. However, the reviews seem to indicate that for *the* Tonga Toast experience, ya gotta go to Kona. So it'd be cool to pick a morning and show up for a quick TS breakfast there. Bad idea?

Thanks for any input!

Depends on the time of year. We were there during an off-season and had no problem walking up. I wouldn't count on it though during a peak season.

Last February (mid month) I walked in for breakfast at around 7:45 or so (I'm really guessing at the time, though). The place was three quarters empty. Meanwhile, the Ohana's line next door was madness.

I say get ressies no matter what but you can get the Tonga Toast at Capt Cooks too

I won't go anywhere in Disney without a ress. That's just me. I'm not a chancey person. We always go to Kona for our Tonga Toast fix:thumbsup2

I say get ressies no matter what but you can get the Tonga Toast at Capt Cooks too

OK....so you can get Tonga Toast at Capt Cooks? I was wondering that, but the menu that I seen did not have it on there. :confused3

We're staying at SOG as well (first time) and are planning on heading to the Poly as well for most breakfasts at Ohana's and Kona (made ADRs) each one morning, and something quick at Capt. Cooks a few mornings.
We've never been over to the Poly but hear great things about the resort and restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter