Do I dare go back?

Pammy jo

DIS Veteran
I went to the Great American Scrapbook Convention today. Day 1 of 3. And spent way too much money! And I still have 3 more aisles to walk through! Oh my gosh, I was like a kid in a candy store with a Mastercard!!!

ooohhhh I am soooo jealous
sounds like fun to me!
interest rates are now if you need to refi your house!LOL
PattyT

LOL PammyJo! I would be the same! What did you get? I love to hear about all the new stuff people buy at those shows!!

Please do share what you bought!! I love to hear about new products(particularily as it seems to take forever for them to reach us wayyyy up here!)!!! Did you take any classes?
Grover :)

wow! I went through the GASC here (twice) in about an hour and a half. Course, I held myself back from spending too much...but I got enough to make me happy.

IF your feet and budget can handle it, I say go for it!

Are the items discounted in any way since the retailer is basicly not in the pictures or do the manufactures sell at the retail price and sock away more profits? Just curious because SIL and are planning on hittting the NE Convention for shopping only we decided then go to her house to crop. SO we can spend the $$ we would of spent on classes and cropping on tools and supplies.

ALSO, What did you get?

crazy for pooh,

NOPE!

It is nice to have them all in one spot, though. I will be going back next year.

I found that some vendors discounted and others didn't. It just depended on what they wanted to do. Several had prices set per item but if you bought a certain quantity you got them for less - for example $9.99 or 5 for $40.00. I also noticed that if you took certain workshops you came out with coupons to various booths. Other vendors - CK for example - had a 15% one item coupon right at the register. There were vendors they had lots of clearance stuff, too. I guess it all just depends. But all in all lots of really cool stuff. I spent way too much, but at least I'm having fun trying all of it out.

Whew! I'm finally home after 3 fun filled days. Here's a report for anyone interested.

I volunteered to help with quite a few classes which meant I got in free and got the class kit, so I figured the money I saved that way got to be spent on the floor! We all think alike don't we?

I went to 3 classes by Making Memories which showed some good ideas on how to use their new products. Alot of the metals, frames, quotes, letters, etc. Liked these alot and they caused me to spend alot of money at their booth afterwards. I bought several of the metal items and page pebbles.

Went to a borders and tags class which I wasn't too impressed with. And part of a fiber class, which I was running around looking for packets and ended up missing most of the class. However, I did get the packet and will play with the fibers in it. They looked cool.

The one class I did actually pay for was Magic with Mickey and it was awful. They just used the papers and stickers that are out everywhere (which I'm not really thrilled with) and had us put them together. Nothing creative at all.

One of my favorites was Artistic wire with flair. I haven't worked with wire before and this taught me alot. (Mostly that now I have to get some Michael's coupons and go get the tools.)

Here were a few of my favorite buys: a cherry wood frame to hang 12 x 12 pages in. I can change it around whenever I do
another layout that I want out.

six albums, yes six. Only one was a 12 x 12. I'd been looking for one to start my boys album and just never could get one I liked. It's a KC (I think) boys travel album. Striped blue on the outside with a place I can put a picture. Very cute. The other albums were just small gift albums. 4 of them were 2 for 1 so I couldn't pass them up!

Lots of fun papers. I only bought it where the prices were discounted since most of the papers I can get around here.

One new thing I found which I really liked was sticky double sided paper that you could cut or punch out, lay on your paper and sprinkle beads or glitter on. They sold some pre cut but they were quite expensive.

Die cuts, I found lots of sales on these.

And other little goodies, glue, chalk, ribbon frames, toppers, stickers, album refills. fibers, buttons, etc. In other words, if it was there, it's now in my basement!!!

your fantastic 3 days of scrapbook shopping.

Now I can't wait to go shopping at the NE Convention. Just going to shop decided not to stay to crop or take classes. SIL and I are going to just go shop and then go back to her house to crop.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter