Do any hotels on Harbor guarantee connecting rooms? (Besides Hojo)

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone knows of other hotels besides Hojo that will guarantee connecting rooms. Most say they will "Do their best," but that isn't very practical when traveling as a family. Alot of hotels have suites but with only one bathroom or farther than I want to walk. Connecting rooms seem like our best bet.

Thanks!

Hilton has begun doing them if booked more than 3 days in advance. The Hilton Garden Inn and Home2 Suites are both pretty close. I like/prefer the Hampton or Homewood on Katella or Harbor respectively (and you can walk to Toy Story parking if it is too far to walk to the parks).

Just wondering if anyone knows of other hotels besides Hojo that will guarantee connecting rooms. Most say they will "Do their best," but that isn't very practical when traveling as a family. Alot of hotels have suites but with only one bathroom or farther than I want to walk. Connecting rooms seem like our best bet.

Thanks!

Do you know which room types at HoJo have connecting rooms? Thinking I want to go this route as well but I really need the guarantee.

Do you know which room types at HoJo have connecting rooms? Thinking I want to go this route as well but I really need the guarantee.
It's called a 2 queen bundle. You get 4 queen beds, plus 2 bathrooms. They also have a family suite that has 1 king bed and a separate bedroom with bunk beds.

Wow, $639/night for that is ridiculous.

I stayed in the family suite you are talking about right after they first became available for $99/night!
That's a great rate! I remember when those came out, I wanted to book it but they were always sold out. I think those might be $400 now? It must depend on your dates. We'll sure never see $99 again though! We stayed there for the $59 retro rate ages ago. That was the best.

That's a great rate! I remember when those came out, I wanted to book it but they were always sold out. I think those might be $400 now? It must depend on your dates. We'll sure never see $99 again though! We stayed there for the $59 retro rate ages ago. That was the best.

Those retro rates were so great! Sigh. Gone are the days.

I think your best bet would be the desert inn, it’s right across the street on Harbor. They advertise their double connecting rooms as different suites. But it’s essentially the same thing as getting two rooms connecting.

It wasn't a family suite, but we got a theme-park view two queen room in Building 1 in January 2020 for $99/night with a Black Friday special booked in November 2019. I felt like I'd won the lottery.

And $150/night for a two-queen room in February 2022.

I like the hotel, but it's definitely not worth the rates they regularly charge now.

Obviously not a regular thing these days, but no unheard of if you catch an off-season special.

Last edited:
I think your best bet would be the desert inn, it’s right across the street on Harbor. They advertise their double connecting rooms as different suites. But it’s essentially the same thing as getting two rooms connecting.
I second the Desert Inn and Suites option. Their suites have 2 bathrooms...essentially two connecting rooms with a small "front" room. Also, really close to the crosswalk to Disneyland on Harbor.

Have you checked into Desert Inn right across from Disneyland? They have a C2 Family Suite that has 4 queen beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, and a foldout sleeper sofa. That way you are guaranteed to have the connecting rooms without the hassle of actually booking two rooms.

The only thing we wish they would have is two mini-fridges. When we book that, we're usually traveling with relatives who like to keep their wine cool while we like to keep water and Diet Dr Pepper in stock :rolleyes1 There isn't enough room for both in the one fridge!

We booked 2 Costco packages for Us and then Son and his family. We "linked" the reservations and booked the Holiday Inn Express which has the option of requesting connecting rooms.

I stayed at Desert Inn and Suites last week. I had a Deluxe room on the 3rd floor and it was a connecting room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter