DME or car service

claypje

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at the beach club and am trying to decide if we should use the DME or do a car service. Thoughts? How long does it really take to get your luggage into your room? Is there any way to keep at least one small suitcase with me?

Normally 2-3 hours after you check in. You can go to baggage claim and get all your luggage if you want. The driver will load it under the bus for you.

We've never regretted using ME. It's a fun start to the trip for us.

ME is great. You can choose to pick up all your luggage and bring it to ME with you if you'd like. I wouldn't pay for a car service when that's basically what ME is and it's free.

We took our carry on luggage with us, and had them take the rest. ME is awesome. We were at our hotel within 90 minutes, maybe a bit less. Our room was not ready, but when it was and we got up there, our luggage was there waiting for us.

We usually rent a car but when we don't we take a car service so we can make a grocery stop.

For us, DME has always added to the vacation. I love the excitement of getting on the bus, watching the old cartoons, and seeing the excitement on kids' faces. Now that we have a two year old with us, I can't wait for him to get on! We usually have our groceries delivered.

For us, DME has always added to the vacation. I love the excitement of getting on the bus, watching the old cartoons, and seeing the excitement on kids' faces. Now that we have a two year old with us, I can't wait for him to get on! We usually have our groceries delivered.

I agree! It's like you are instantly leaving the worlds troubles behind. I love that feeling getting on the bus, knowing your vacation has officially started. It's just different then getting in a cab. You have to experience it to understand.

I'm staying at the beach club and am trying to decide if we should use the DME or do a car service. Thoughts?

If we can get a good deal on a rental car, we do that; otherwise, we use a car service. We've never used DME as I like being on our own schedule.

We LOVE Magical Express!!! Getting on that bus is the beginning of our vacation! I love watching the video and the announcement that soon we will be at Walt Disney World resort! :cool1:

It will take up to 3 hours for your bags to arrive at your resort, although you could get them yourself and put them on the bus as well. We always make sure to bring a carry on with our essentials, and then just wait for our bags arrive. :goodvibes

For us, when we fly, luggage is a non-issue. We pack what we need for the day in our carry ons. The luggage is delivered within 4 hours or so of landing. Or you could opt not to put the ME tags on your luggage and collect it yourself and have it stored under the bus.

The only time when I could justify the expense of a town car would be if we needed to make a grocery stop on the way to the resort. And even then I would be more likely to place an order through Garden Grocer or Wegoshop and have it delivered.

I'm going to be the odd ball here. We always say we are going to use ME and save the money, but when our trip gets closer we cave and use a car service.

We have been using the same car service every visit for the past 12 yrs. What we like about the car service -
1. they greet us at baggage claim
2. help with luggage (family of 6, kiddos used to be very little so extra hands were always nice)
3. car is available immediately
4. straight service to our hotel without stopping at other resorts
5. waiting for us at hotel when we are ready to leave

Michael is the owner and a very professional polite person. All drivers we have had have been reliable and professional as well.

I can totally see why others prefer ME. For us, the car service is a luxury for husband and I.

Wheels to Wings www.orlandolimos.com. Very reliable, pleasant and professional. You can tell Michael that Stephanie from Colorado says "hi":wave2:

I'm going to be the odd ball here. We always say we are going to use ME and save the money, but when our trip gets closer we cave and use a car service.

We have been using the same car service every visit for the past 12 yrs. What we like about the car service -
1. they greet us at baggage claim
2. help with luggage (family of 6, kiddos used to be very little so extra hands were always nice)
3. car is available immediately
4. straight service to our hotel without stopping at other resorts
5. waiting for us at hotel when we are ready to leave

Michael is the owner and a very professional polite person. All drivers we have had have been reliable and professional as well.

I can totally see why others prefer ME. For us, the car service is a luxury for husband and I.

Wheels to Wings www.orlandolimos.com. Very reliable, pleasant and professional. You can tell Michael that Stephanie from Colorado says "hi":wave2:

I know it is rude to ask how much something costs...but how much is the car service? It doesn't say on their site.

While the free service is nice I hate that somehow my hotel is always the last stop. It drives me crazy and kind of starts my vacation off wrong. This year everyone else in my party will already be there so I want to get there as soon as possible :-)

I know it is rude to ask how much something costs...but how much is the car service? It doesn't say on their site.

While the free service is nice I hate that somehow my hotel is always the last stop. It drives me crazy and kind of starts my vacation off wrong. This year everyone else in my party will already be there so I want to get there as soon as possible :-)

I know your question wasn't directed my way but I thought I'd share our experience with you.

In 2010 we used FLTours based on reviews we read on here and at the time it was $200 round trip MCO to Epcot resort area in a stretch limo.

We'll be staying at BCV this August and have booked FLTours again. Like everything else the cost increased, now $230 for a stretch limo, but well worth it to start the magic early with the kids and who doesn't like a limo ride?

For us, the best part about using ME -- besides not having to drive on vacation -- is not having to bother with your luggage. I'm so happy to get rid of our bags and not worry about trudging through the airport with any of it on either side of the trip that I have to stop myself from making cartoon lovey-dovey eyes at the ME folks.
36_3_7.gif

The one time we came in late -- past ME baggage hours -- we regretted it and vowed to never fly in late again. Not having to slog around with bags is a huge perk. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure if it's luck, time of day you arrive or resort choice, but we've used DME 3 times and it was as quick as possible all 3 times. We normally arrive mid week between 3pm-6pm. Once at CBR and twice at CSR. The first time used DME luggage delivery and the last two grabbed our stuff and loaded on the DME so we had all our stuff right away. All 3 times we were at our resort with-in an hour of landing. Never more than 5 minute wait to get on a bus. Bus always went straight to our resort, not shared. I'm thinking maybe the big Mod resorts CBR, CSR, and POR get their own bus during the day because they have 2000 plus rooms. But our experience has been that we would be at the resort just as quick as you Car Service people for free. Could be luck, but it's been that way 3 times.

We use car services and cabs exclusively. DME just takes way too long for DH and I, but we don't check luggage and that might change your opinion.

We always use a towncar service..We like that they meet us and luggage claim, take our bags and off we go.We also get a 30 min grocery stop thrown in..We use Tiffany Towncar every visit..IIRC it is $115 RT

We always use a towncar service..We like that they meet us and luggage claim, take our bags and off we go.We also get a 30 min grocery stop thrown in..We use Tiffany Towncar every visit..IIRC it is $115 RT

We use Tiffany Towncar as well. We come down the escalator, they there, waiting for us. They grab our bags we are off. Very fast!:thumbsup2

Not rude at all. If you email Michael, the owner, he will be happy to send you a quote. w2wings@gmail.com

Our last visit was Nov 2011. We are a family of 6 and have to have the larger Cadillac SUV. A town car would be cheaper. I believe our total was $250 including tip. ($195 for the service plus tip. We tipped very generously, lil more than 20%) Again this is a 2011 price quote. Not sure of price now.

For us, DME has always added to the vacation. I love the excitement of getting on the bus, watching the old cartoons, and seeing the excitement on kids' faces.

I agree with this. Watching the movie just adds to the anticipation. We had a car service last June and will have one next month because of Swan/Dolphin stays. The whole thing is much quicker...at your resort around 30 minutes after getting your luggage, but it feels like I'm missing that little extra bit of anticipatory excitement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter