DLR Kids

Got a call today from them... and didn't pick up cause I was at work. They said they wanted to talk to me about "updates regarding my application to the program" and wanted me to call them back so "we can talk about the updates"

I assume that's good news and not bad... right? =D

I've been bouncing off the walls all day, and now I have to wait until Monday for them to call me back

Got a call today from them... and didn't pick up cause I was at work. They said they wanted to talk to me about "updates regarding my application to the program" and wanted me to call them back so "we can talk about the updates"

I've been bouncing off the walls all day, and now I have to wait until Monday for them to call me back

Congrats, because your in!! If they weren't able to reach you the first time they leave a message talking about "updates", but once they can actually talk to you they tell you about your acceptance :thumbsup2

Sounds like an acceptance to me... The weekend flies by. You left them a voicemail telling you what time to call you back right?

I did... I got home and had my acceptance package before I got the call. :) I'm in!

Although my role is TBA, which isn't the highlight of my day, but oh well.. I'm in! =P

Anything in hotels, attractions, disney desk... on the interview I added in shops and food cashier.

The lady I spoke to on the phone said I may get one of those, or I may get something entirely different... And I'll find out before December 10th

Welcome to the club MarQue.

I wonder if any of us will be working at the same location...

If you're in Park Food & Beverage - probably not.

The Park Food & Beverage Union Contract requires CPs to be spread out evenly through the Department.

When I worked in Food & Beverage, we didn't have CPs in my location - we had a CP, emphasis on the singular.

If you're in Park Food & Beverage - probably not.

The Park Food & Beverage Union Contract requires CPs to be spread out evenly through the Department.

When I worked in Food & Beverage, we didn't have CPs in my location - we had a CP, emphasis on the singular.

Interesting. I've heard something like it's 200 CPs total in CA as opposed to 7,000 in FL. I don't know if that's true, though. But I heard it on the internet...and you have to believe everything you hear on the internet.

I still have a lot to learn about the program when I get there, I suppose.

I feel like a lot of people are saying differnt things about DLRCP.
Just general things.
We'll find out in two months whats really going on.

Thanks DisneyLover0331! I hope I can get things worked out so I can go. I was expecting 2 weeks to accept or decline the offer, but in my email it says I only get 1. :confused3 Maybe cause it is so late in the year? I dunno.

I'm also a little confused about union dues. My packet said some roles require joining a union and others don't. How do I know if my role requires it and how much it will be? The upfront housing fees are scaring me and might be a challenge. :confused:

Interesting. I've heard something like it's 200 CPs total in CA as opposed to 7,000 in FL. I don't know if that's true, though. But I heard it on the internet...and you have to believe everything you hear on the internet.

Truth be told, you're not that far off. These numbers I have are from one of my Shop Stewards all so long ago, but I'm fairly sure it's still accurate (there really hasn't been any major expansion of the College & International Programs at either resort in the last few years). It certainly does seem like a fair breakdown just based on my personal experiences.

At the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, there are approximately 7350 Participants in all of the College & International Programs at any given time, breaking down as follows:
  • 4000 Disney College Program Participants
    • Disney College Program
    • Culinary Externship Programs
  • 50 Disney CareerStart Program Participants
  • 3300 Disney International Program Participants
    • Disney International College Program
      • J-1 Academic Exchange Program
      • Summer Work Program
    • Cultural Representative Program
    • Australia/New Zealand Work Experience

At the Disneyland Resort in California, there are approximately 300 Participants in both the Disney College Program and Disney CareerStart Program combined.

I'm also a little confused about union dues. My packet said some roles require joining a union and others don't. How do I know if my role requires it and how much it will be? The upfront housing fees are scaring me and might be a challenge. :confused:

If you are in a role covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, you'll fill out the Payroll Deduction Paperwork and find out information upon arrival. Casual Regular Cast Member dues (which includes all CP Participants) generally average about $5-$10 per paycheque, with some Unions having initiation dues deducted over a period of time.

Just a note, California is not a "Right-to-Work" state. If you do indeed work in a role covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, failure to join and maintain Membership in Good Standing with the Union of the can lead to termination, per the terms of the relevant CBA.

When I left the Disneyland Resort, Photopass Photographers were an Hourly Non Union role. However, they were also on the verge of joining Teamsters Local 495, which covers Attractions, Parking, and a few other areas. I don't know if that's come to pass yet.

Here's a listing of Disneyland Resort Disney College Program roles and their current Union status.

glendalais- Thanks for the union info. I talked to my recruiter today and she confirmed that photopass was non-union at the moment. :)

I know some of you have been wondering...I've finally been rejected from DL. Hey, it's okay. I just wish they did it a long time ago and got it over with. I've been waiting for almost 3 months and now I get this. It's really okay though because I'm still going to WDW! Plus I can transfer to DL later. See you soon Ash and the rest of the gang! My check-in date is Jan.13th and I am Custodial (originally QSFB but had to switch due to my tattoo). WALT DISNEY WORLD HERE I COME! :wizard:

Sorry to hear that, Zoe. But hey, best of both worlds. Err. Best of one world and then best of the land later. You'll be in CA before you know it.

I'm surprised that SEI is over Ent. Costuming as I would've figured a union like IATSE to be over that area as what Ent. Costuming does tend to vary greatly from Ops. Costuming.

I'm surprised that SEI is over Ent. Costuming as I would've figured a union like IATSE to be over that area as what Ent. Costuming does tend to vary greatly from Ops. Costuming.

Unions at Disney are a little odd, just speaking in general.

Case in point, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, which normally represents things like Truck Drivers, also represent WDW Character Performers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter