DLR Kids

Hi all you DLCP peeps! Anyone want to answer some questions for me? :D

So I hear that at WDW, if you check QSFB on your application you are likely to get that position because there are a lot of spots available there for the College Program. Is the same true for Disneyland? I want to increase my odds of getting accepted by checking lots of roles, but one I'd rather not do is QSFB, and I'm worried that if I check it I will likely end up there. Anyone have any insight?

Also, anyone know of any Disney College Program blogs that focus specifically on Disneyland? And don't feel ashamed to toot your own horn here! :P I'm looking for anything DLCP.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all you DLCP peeps! Anyone want to answer some questions for me? :D

So I hear that at WDW, if you check QSFB on your application you are likely to get that position because there are a lot of spots available there for the College Program. Is the same true for Disneyland? I want to increase my odds of getting accepted by checking lots of roles, but one I'd rather not do is QSFB, and I'm worried that if I check it I will likely end up there. Anyone have any insight?

Also, anyone know of any Disney College Program blogs that focus specifically on Disneyland? And don't feel ashamed to toot your own horn here! :P I'm looking for anything DLCP.

Thanks in advance!

Not necessarily.

Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement in place between Workers United/Service Employees International Union Local 50 and the Walt Disney World Company, dba the Disneyland Resort, there may be no more than 150 Disney College Program Participants in Parks Food & Beverage (comprised of Quick Service Restaurants, Table Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending/Ventures at both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park) at any one time, and they must be spread out evenly throughout the Department.

There is no such restriction in place for the Food & Beverage locations at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, but the labour demands of those locations are historically much lower than in the parks.

As such, it's actually much harder to get into a F&B role as a CP than it is other roles. This is the exact opposite from the situation at the Walt Disney World Resort.

It's officially official. I accepted tonight. It's been a long time comin'.

Zoe, what's the deal? Anything? WDW? DLR? I'm really pulling for you! At worst, at least December 1st is coming up. haha.

Has anyone else ever done Custodial Busser or know anything about it? I've read what it says in the information they sent me but a first hand account would be awesome! Seeing as I've done a quick search and nothing of relevance came up for "Custodial Busser" I figure I'm not gonna have much luck finding someone who has done it but it's worth a shot.

Carolers, I was just accepted to WDW, but I'm not gonna make any moves yet.

Has anyone else ever done Custodial Busser or know anything about it? I've read what it says in the information they sent me but a first hand account would be awesome! Seeing as I've done a quick search and nothing of relevance came up for "Custodial Busser" I figure I'm not gonna have much luck finding someone who has done it but it's worth a shot.

Among other things, I was a QSR Custodial Busser way back in the days when I worked in DLR Parks F&B (and, despite what the name suggests, it's actually part of Food & Beverage Operations, not Custodial Operations). It's a relatively simple job. You're scheduled either Busser or Steward.

(Please note that Table Service Custodial Bussing is a little different, I never did it in one of our Full Service Restaurants, so I can't speak to that side of the operation)

As Busser, you just walk around your assigned area and pick up trays and clean tables. You also sweep and mop up any spills and take the garbage out to the back. There's tonnes of Guest Interaction opportunities in this role, just walk around and ask people how their meal is, etc.

As a Steward, you're mainly in the back doing dishes in the dishroom. From time to time, you dash onstage to gather dirty pots and pans, but the Bussers/Food Service Workers bring most of the dirtys to you. This is the complete opposite of Busser, you have little to no Guest Contact whatsoever. The flipside of this is that, within reason, you don't have to adhere to as closely the Disney Show Readiness Guidelines (proper posture, language, etc.) while Backstage. I can honestly say I have a lot of good memories from working the dishrooms, lol.

And of course, Cross Training opportunities do exist to go into other parts of the Operation (Food Service Worker, Cashier, etc.)

Has everyone received a "thank you for interviewing" email after their phone interview? If you did, how long after your interview did it arrive?

Has everyone received a "thank you for interviewing" email after their phone interview? If you did, how long after your interview did it arrive?

I received mine about 5 or so days after I did my phone interview, but I also did mine on the second day on interviews, so it might be different now that there are more applicants. However I feel like things are runing much smoother now that it seems that they have their new system figured out :)

Among other things, I was a QSR Custodial Busser way back in the days when I worked in DLR Parks F&B (and, despite what the name suggests, it's actually part of Food & Beverage Operations, not Custodial Operations). It's a relatively simple job. You're scheduled either Busser or Steward.

(Please note that Table Service Custodial Bussing is a little different, I never did it in one of our Full Service Restaurants, so I can't speak to that side of the operation)

As Busser, you just walk around your assigned area and pick up trays and clean tables. You also sweep and mop up any spills and take the garbage out to the back. There's tonnes of Guest Interaction opportunities in this role, just walk around and ask people how their meal is, etc.

As a Steward, you're mainly in the back doing dishes in the dishroom. From time to time, you dash onstage to gather dirty pots and pans, but the Bussers/Food Service Workers bring most of the dirtys to you. This is the complete opposite of Busser, you have little to no Guest Contact whatsoever. The flipside of this is that, within reason, you don't have to adhere to as closely the Disney Show Readiness Guidelines (proper posture, language, etc.) while Backstage. I can honestly say I have a lot of good memories from working the dishrooms, lol.

And of course, Cross Training opportunities do exist to go into other parts of the Operation (Food Service Worker, Cashier, etc.)

Thanks! I feel a lot more comfortable since reading that. Nothing like hearing about a job first hand.

So my parents are in WDW this week. and it's all really dawning on me. DLRCP is now 2 months away.

I've been super scare on here in the last few months but great news!

I applied to DLR, and was accepted!

and as of yesterday... I'm offically going!

I'm super excited.

Cant wait to see everyone there!:banana:

thanks everyone! <3

my role is food service worker. On my sheet I recieved in the mail it says quick service, but the description is the same for both. So whichever it is, im sure i'll get used to it. Just like anything else.

Hmm I never got one of those, but I did get the letter in the mail.

It's been 6 weeks since my interview, and I called today... they said my application is still with the recruiter.

Waiting is painful ;)

Yea try waiting for almost 2 1/2 months! I still have not received a response. :sad2: But that's ok, at least I'm going somewhere. :yay:

Yea try waiting for almost 2 1/2 months! I still have not received a response. :sad2: But that's ok, at least I'm going somewhere. :yay:

I know exactly what your going through. I STILL havent heard back from WDWCP. I had my application on Aug. 25th. and nothing. but i did make it to DLRCP. So its true, at least were going somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter