DL in October

Nohal

DIS Veteran
I'm a vet of WDW and have only been to DL twice, last year in May and many years ago in the summer. We were thinking of taking a trip in October this year and was wondering what are the crowds like and how is the weather?

October can be very busy due to the Halloween crowds and party nights (party nights make DCA INSANELY crowded, the worst I have ever seen, unless they move the Halloween party to DCA as rumored then DL will be absolutely bonkers) and various schools having Fall Breaks. Another thing to look for, it could be especially busy if they bring Paint the Night back in the fall for Halloween/Christmastime!

Last year in early October it was very hot but it may cool down a tad by the end of the month. According to accuweather the averages range from 79-84 throughout the month!

They both vary quite a bit, which I realize is not an especially helpful answer, but it's the truth.

Crowds depend a lot on when you're talking within October. Last year, crowds were completely out of control by about the second week of October. I went during around the 15th on a Tuesday and a Saturday and they were some of the most insane crowd conditions I've ever experienced (and I'm there more or less weekly). But the first week of October had been fine (doesn't mean that will be the case this year, of course).

It can be surprisingly hot in October. My friend did the October 19 party in a Moana costume with no sweatshirt or anything, and she was fine. But it also can cool down...

First week/weekend is GayDays and if it's like past years, it will be crowded.
Then it's Columbus day and that has been a busy time in the parks.

Going in October be prepared for the parks to be busier than you might expect.

.....and don't forget UEA...... but if you are a photographer of villains and their entourage, and looking for rare halloween merch, then october would be fun, just check your day for evening closures, when to buy party tickets and pack a costume.

as for weather, the farther north you live , the warmer it will be in Disneyland

Gay Days is the first weekend in Oct, and while the weekend itself is busy, during the week at the beginning of Oct isn't bad at all. I've made trips during that week for the past three years and found it nice until Friday when the weekend crowds get in. It tends to be quite warm but not too bad, very pleasant in the evenings.

We were there mid-October last year over a weekend, and we didn't think it was bad at all, but since we're almost always there when there are crowds, we don't really notice them unless it's so bad it's hard to move around.

Looking to go October 30 till Nov 4. I'm sure that the parks will be crowded on Halloween but how about after Halloween? Do the crowds thin out?

Looking to go October 30 till Nov 4. I'm sure that the parks will be crowded on Halloween but how about after Halloween? Do the crowds thin out?

Dapper Days is Nov 4 and 5, and the group rate hotel deal is good for several days before and after that weekend. I am actually going for Dapper Days and I'm excepting crowds.

Regarding the Halloween Parties, while they have not yet announced the dates or any details, it's worth noting for the last several years almost all of the parties have sold out ahead of time. So if you are there on Halloween night (when there has historically been a party), tickets will probably sell out well in advance (there might be a few day of tickets, mostly for on-site hotel guests).

As others have said, Gay Days weekend is November 4 and 5, which is expected to bring in pretty good sized crowds. There might be also some attraction closures as holiday overlays are installed (Jungle Cruise and IaSW most likely) or removed (Space went down 11/1-2 last year to remove the SMGG overlay); this all assumes they do the overlays this year and follow a similar schedule to last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter