Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

August Activities Calendar

Aug%202016%20Page%201.jpg

Aug%202016%20Page%202.jpg

Ok, just saw a new notice about the YC rehab. The booking page shows a notice about the resort undergoing refurbishment starting in October.

With BC, they started on the club level. So if they actually start in October, club level should be done by Dec or January.
Awesome, thank you!! We skipped our annual Disney Vacation this year for NYC to try something different. Needless to say we all missed our beloved YC. So next year we want YC/CL but those rooms need refurbished bad!!

I asked my friend when I saw this picture and he told me they were not taking chairs from the beach because it was too much work for the recreation staff. But I bet if someone let them know a chair was needed for comfort purposes they could arrange that.

::yes::

Thank you, I will request a chair for her. It was so nice with the lounge chairs, I will really miss that.

I was playing around on there this afternoon & that notice was not there. So that is really just added. Hopefully it won't impact your vacation, Dee!

Thank you so much for posting this and for your concern about my trip!!!

I have not received an email or letter from the resort yet letting me know about potential work at the YC while I am there (YC CL, mid October).

Based on what I have read from most people who have been at the resort during past renovations, I am not worried about this impacting my trip. There is no chance of the work waking me up unless they are starting before 5 am, and we are generally away from the resort by 7:30 every morning.

I'll be interested in hearing if/when they close down some or all of the club level rooms. From what I have heard, the renovations of the BCV wing by wing rather than top to bottom went very well and I think it is going to be the same construction crew at work on the Yacht Club.

Thanks again for the heads up!!!

:thumbsup2

Any recent word on how close they are to finishing the BCV refurb? I remember reading a few weeks ago that they were starting the last area.

Just wondering what the laundry facilities are like. We're going to be staying at Yacht Club at the end of August.

For anyone who has been the week BEFORE Thanksgiving- is the resort decorated for Christmas and are there PhotoPass photographers in the lobby? (Someone asked on the TPAS board about resort photographers in general, so it got me thinking...) Also, a little OT, but related question: has anyone done photos with Santa at Disney Springs and what was your experience?

For anyone who has been the week BEFORE Thanksgiving- is the resort decorated for Christmas and are there PhotoPass photographers in the lobby? (Someone asked on the TPAS board about resort photographers in general, so it got me thinking...) Also, a little OT, but related question: has anyone done photos with Santa at Disney Springs and what was your experience?

The resort might be decorated by then and it might not. They have a lottery for the Deluxes to decide the order they are decorated. So you can't go by previous years as it will be different every year. They will all be decorated by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Once the lottery is done and the order is set, WDW does NOT announce the order.

Last edited:
The resort might be decorated by then and it might not. They have a lottery for the Deluxes to decide the order they are decorated. So you can't go by previous years as it will be different every year. They will all be decorstef by the Saturday of Thanksgoving weekend. Once the lottery is done and the order is set, WDW does NOT announce the order.

That is very interesting! When you say Saturday of Thanksgiving, you mean the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving, right?

Currently booked on a great deal at the BC in a standard room for 3-10 December.

Just got an email from our travel agent and we have been offered a chance to switch our stay to the Grand Floridian, standard view in an outer building.

While we love the Grand, we want the convenience of walking to Epcot for this trip. I will be turning the offer down.

I think this reflects on the announcement of the YC rehab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter