Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Considering YC CL for our next trip. We are a family of 4; my kids are boy & girl older teens and prefer not to share a bed (daughter is a bed hog & gets grumpy w poor sleep). We have stayed at Beach Club in the past & the couch/day bed has worked well.
Any idea how many YC CL rooms are set up Q/Q/day bed? The website makes it appear that non-CL rooms have more of that configuration.
This would be our main room request- would BC or BW be better options?
Thanks so much for any advice! 😊
You may want to consider this at BWI. The Deluxe room should guaranty your bedding requirements, but it’s rate is about 20-25% higher than Standard CL. A room request can always state that your older teen son and daughter each require their own bed, so that the room assigner understands why you need three sleeping surfaces. That request can be made, no matter where you stay, of course.

606707A1-D54B-41E4-9C63-A86CFFE171F0.jpeg
OR
48D240B9-F01F-4AA8-BF60-B2109EAFD628.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you request box fans at YC? I really don’t want to pack my personal fan if I can just borrow one there.

@jemtx, @Wood Nymph, and @Gitelfor, thanks!

Our arrival day is my partner's birthday, and we plan to get Giordano's delivered. She loves and craves Chicago-style deep dish, and we don't have any locally. (Not even mediocre deep-dish. No deep-dish.) Of course, we could Uber out to the restaurant itself, but it seems kind of silly to get checked in and settled at a fantastic WDW resort and then immediately leave to eat at a strip mall. I think it would be way more fun to find a bench or an outside table and soak in the Beach Club vibes. Outdoors, weather pending, so that we don't assault anyone with our strong-smelling pizza, hahaha.

Our arrival day is my partner's birthday, and we plan to get Giordano's delivered. She loves and craves Chicago-style deep dish, and we don't have any locally. (Not even mediocre deep-dish. No deep-dish.) Of course, we could Uber out to the restaurant itself, but it seems kind of silly to get checked in and settled at a fantastic WDW resort and then immediately leave to eat at a strip mall. I think it would be way more fun to find a bench or an outside table and soak in the Beach Club vibes. Outdoors, weather pending, so that we don't assault anyone with our strong-smelling pizza, hahaha.

I thought you wanted to eat outside as a COVID precaution. If you're just concerned about the pizza smell, I wouldn't worry about it. Inside the Beach Club, across from the Beach Club Marketplace is a long hallway which leads to the Solarium. The hallway is lined with tables and chairs. That's where I would go to eat pizza if I wasn't determined to eat outside. I think it would be nice to have the table on which to set down the box of pizza. People sit there to eat the food they get at the Beach Club Marketplace, but it's not part of the Marketplace so nobody would care if you ate food you got from someplace else.

@jemtx, @Wood Nymph, and @Gitelfor, thanks!

You will make people jealous of your delicious deep dish pizza rather than annoy them. ;) We live in the Chicago suburbs, land of the deep dish pizza, and you may want a table, a fork, and a knife for that thick pizza. :)

Can you request box fans at YC? I really don’t want to pack my personal fan if I can just borrow one there.
I requested them, in the past, which were subject to availability. I don’t know if the fans are still available since the pandemic, though. It was a real disappointment, when all of the ceiling fans were removed from the rooms. The fan, if still offered, would come from Mousekeeping, but you could probably just place your request at the front desk, upon arrival.

At one time the area where the rocking chairs around the corner from the back entrance of YC was a designated smoking area (in the curved area on the outside walkway to Yachtsman Steak House). Is this still the case? I want to make sure that we don't get a room above this.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

At one time the area where the rocking chairs around the corner from the back entrance of YC was a designated smoking area (in the curved area on the outside walkway to Yachtsman Steak House). Is this still the case? I want to make sure that we don't get a room above this.

It's not an official smoking area according to the maps (so I don't think it is?), but I have on occasion seen people smoking there (it always kind of annoyed me as that's the main walkway to SAB from YC). But I wouldn't say that has been a common occurrence.

I've stayed a handful of times in rooms right above/around that area and have never had any problems in the room/balcony.

I thought you wanted to eat outside as a COVID precaution. If you're just concerned about the pizza smell, I wouldn't worry about it. Inside the Beach Club, across from the Beach Club Marketplace is a long hallway which leads to the Solarium. The hallway is lined with tables and chairs. That's where I would go to eat pizza if I wasn't determined to eat outside. I think it would be nice to have the table on which to set down the box of pizza. People sit there to eat the food they get at the Beach Club Marketplace, but it's not part of the Marketplace so nobody would care if you ate food you got from someplace else.
We are covid-conscious as well, yes, and we're keeping an eye on the state of the pandemic. We're prepared to make or change decisions depending on how things change (or don't). For instance, right now we have an ADR for Oga's Cantina, which I secured just in case things improve before March, but it's the first one we plan to drop if they don't, because there's zero distancing in there. The rest of our reservations we'll play by ear. If we keep them, it'll be the most we've eaten indoors at restaurants in two years. So that is one consideration, but it's more like the kind you include in a risk assessment than it is a firm dealbreaker.

That said, we do enjoy eating outside, and when a place has really atmospheric, gardeny areas to go to, it's a plus. However, weather happens. And in particular, Florida weather happens. So having an indoor backup plan that isn't our hotel room will be helpful, too, so thanks for these suggestions!

You will make people jealous of your delicious deep dish pizza rather than annoy them. ;) We live in the Chicago suburbs, land of the deep dish pizza, and you may want a table, a fork, and a knife for that thick pizza. :)
Don't say that too loudly or my partner will be the jealous one! Our last trip before the pandemic was to Chicago, and we had Lou Malnati's while we were up there. She was in heaven. I'd love to convince her to move to Chicago when we no longer have family in the south keeping us here, and the pizza is likely to be the most persuasive factor.

Actually, there do seem to be some picnic tables around the grounds, right? I'm going by the pictures on the first page of this thread. A spot with a couple of grills. And the tables by Hurricane Hanna's that you mentioned. So if a table is what we need, it does seem like we have a few options?

Actually, there do seem to be some picnic tables around the grounds, right? I'm going by the pictures on the first page of this thread. A spot with a couple of grills. And the tables by Hurricane Hanna's that you mentioned. So if a table is what we need, it does seem like we have a few options?
The grills are over at the Beach Club villa. So that is probably where the picnic tables are. :)

It's not an official smoking area according to the maps (so I don't think it is?), but I have on occasion seen people smoking there (it always kind of annoyed me as that's the main walkway to SAB from YC). But I wouldn't say that has been a common occurrence.

I've stayed a handful of times in rooms right above/around that area and have never had any problems in the room/balcony.

Pre-Covid that area outside Crew's Cup and Yachtsman was a DSA. It was packed all hours of the day and night with folks enjoying their cocktails, cigars and other smoking items. When YC/BC were closed during Covid and the NBA was housed at YC--it was removed. Further, Crew's Cup and Yachtsman remained closed for a period thereafter and the DSA did not return. It was not there in October when we were there.

Now that Crew's Cup and Yachtsman have reopened and we haven't been back since October--who knows if it returned. I would doubt it because when Disney removes a DSA (or relocates one), it doesn't typically return.

We are covid-conscious as well, yes, and we're keeping an eye on the state of the pandemic. We're prepared to make or change decisions depending on how things change (or don't). For instance, right now we have an ADR for Oga's Cantina, which I secured just in case things improve before March, but it's the first one we plan to drop if they don't, because there's zero distancing in there. The rest of our reservations we'll play by ear. If we keep them, it'll be the most we've eaten indoors at restaurants in two years. So that is one consideration, but it's more like the kind you include in a risk assessment than it is a firm dealbreaker.

That said, we do enjoy eating outside, and when a place has really atmospheric, gardeny areas to go to, it's a plus. However, weather happens. And in particular, Florida weather happens. So having an indoor backup plan that isn't our hotel room will be helpful, too, so thanks for these suggestions!

Don't say that too loudly or my partner will be the jealous one! Our last trip before the pandemic was to Chicago, and we had Lou Malnati's while we were up there. She was in heaven. I'd love to convince her to move to Chicago when we no longer have family in the south keeping us here, and the pizza is likely to be the most persuasive factor.

The grill area behind the BC and next to BCV is the DSA for the resorts--unless it has changed since October.

We are booked to stay at the Yacht Club in November for the first time. We are usually Poly people, but I really wanted to try and Epcot Area resort. My DH is very worried that he isn't going to like the Yacht Club and wants to switch back to the Poly, but there is nothing available there.

I thought about maybe upgrading to Club Level to make it seem a little more "special." It will add about $1500 to our trip. I'm just not sure having access to the lounge is worth that much more money. Those who love to stay Club Level - sell me on it!!

Hello there! I think I am sold at staying at the Yacht Club this time! It's beautiful! We are booking June 27th - July 2nd.

Can anyone tell me if there are microwaves in the rooms? We had one at the Poly last time and I was just wondering if there were updates to the room amenities here. TIA!

Hello there! I think I am sold at staying at the Yacht Club this time! It's beautiful! We are booking June 27th - July 2nd.

Can anyone tell me if there are microwaves in the rooms? We had one at the Poly last time and I was just wondering if there were updates to the room amenities here. TIA!
They don't have microwaves in the rooms but there is one available to use at the YC marketplace. :)

We are booked to stay at the Yacht Club in November for the first time. We are usually Poly people, but I really wanted to try and Epcot Area resort. My DH is very worried that he isn't going to like the Yacht Club and wants to switch back to the Poly, but there is nothing available there.

I thought about maybe upgrading to Club Level to make it seem a little more "special." It will add about $1500 to our trip. I'm just not sure having access to the lounge is worth that much more money. Those who love to stay Club Level - sell me on it!!

What exactly is he concerned about? For example, if he loves MK and thinks he would miss being able to walk there, then adding Club Level at YC not only wouldn't make him happy, but might make him more annoyed because of the additional cost.

What exactly is he concerned about? For example, if he loves MK and thinks he would miss being able to walk there, then adding Club Level at YC not only wouldn't make him happy, but might make him more annoyed because of the additional cost.

He doesn't like change, so that is the biggest reason he just wants to stay at the Poly. He does like being able to take the boat/Monorail to MK and Epcot. I've told him that YC will be just as convenient, but to Epcot and HS. I thought maybe Club Level would make YC seem "special" because we've never stayed Club Level at the Poly. The Poly is sold out, so changing to that is not a choice, but I just don't want him to go into the vacation already thinking he isn't going to like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter