Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

What time should we arrive at HS and the IG if we want to be at the front of the early entry rope drop crowds?

What time should we arrive at HS and the IG if we want to be at the front of the early entry rope drop crowds?
Last Thursday for an 8:40 open we left BCV at 7:15, walked and arrived at 7:35. We were two groups back at the tapstiles. They let us in at 7:45 and we were in by 7:50 after they worked out the issues with family in front of us. We headed to ROTR were on at 8:20 and out by 8:50.

For Epcot, it’s a 5 minute walk from BCV to IG. For a 9:30:open I would leave at 9:00 to be ahead of the pack.

Getting off a B2B 7-nighter on the Wish and wanted to stay at the YC for three nights 12/9 - 12/12. Unfortunately for the cost of a three night stay I could go on the Wish for another three nights. This is REDICUOUS!!! Probably will just head north and stay a few nights in a chalet in the Smokies for a lot less than heading back to WDW.
Katesdad

Yes, I have. I actually prefer studios to regular hotel rooms, because I love having a kitchenette.

We liked the kitchenette, the location, and the room was lovely. But wow - no storage! Since there were just two of us, we kept our open suitcases on the pull-down bed. If you’ve stayed there before maybe you have some practices that would work for us if we go back there.

Just saw some pictures on Twitter of the refurb going on in the front of YC - multiple cherry pickers and a good amount of scaffolding. Has me re-thinking my resort choice for the end of this month.

Just saw some pictures on Twitter of the refurb going on in the front of YC - multiple cherry pickers and a good amount of scaffolding. Has me re-thinking my resort choice for the end of this month.
Based on prior reports for other areas of the resort, advance notice was probably never given to those who are paying $$$$ to stay at this Deluxe resort. One reason guests select the YC is for the rooms’ full balconies. It is very likely that some guests with rooms in this area will not have use of those balconies. They will most likely need to keep the draperies closed, during the day, for fear of workers being able to peer into their guest rooms, if this work is as done recently around other areas of the YC.

Based on prior reports for other areas of the resort, advance notice was probably never given to those who are paying $$$$ to stay at this Deluxe resort. One reason guests select the YC is for the rooms’ full balconies. It is very likely that some guests with rooms in this area will not have use of those balconies. They will most likely need to keep the draperies closed, during the day, for fear of workers being able to peer into their guest rooms, if this work is as done recently around other areas of the YC.
Seems like a particularly suboptimal time to be opening up YC Club Level...

@VicarJT...sorry I though I had quoted your post when I responded. Guess not.
I usually just hang a few things and grab a drawer. I often live out of a suitcase. I also only go for four to five days...or less.

Last edited:
I would like to ask a few questions:
1. what type of toiletries are current in the rooms?
2. if staying club level, what offerings do they usually offer?
3. do they have a food court inside the yacht club?

Thank you

I can answer from our December trip.... for non-club level at YC.
1. Tubes of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower gel, bars of soap - replenished only on days Mousekeeping visits (every other) along with towels and coffee k-cups.
2.?
3. They have a quick grab-and-go Marketplace for bakery goods and grilled and non-grilled sandwiches along with refrigerator stuff like fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, wine, beer, etc. Not a food court like the Mods have.

If you go to the first post you will find a wealth of information there about club level and absolutely everything else. Natebenma does an excellent job keeping it updated. Not sure how or if club level will be impacted post covid. Think it reopens at the YC on the 20th so you may get more up to date info then 😊

Hi Dee! Can you add me to the list for a stay at the BCVs from 12/1 - 12/8? Mixing it up a bit and skipping marathon weekend for 2023, so we decided to bring our 4 young adult nieces [which include triplets] for a week and will be staying in a 2BR for the the first time. As a studio guy this will be my first time in a 2BR so looking forward to it. Not to mention, I'll be outnumbered 5 to 1!:drinking1

We cancelled our trip for the YC CL opening this coming week. Several family members, including our DD have had Covid in the last 2 weeks. DH & I have been able to avoid it so far. We’re just not up for the stress or risks of exposure right now. We have another trip booked for April.. at CR April 26-28, then YC CL April 28- May 3. Celebrating my retirement & a BIG birthday. Hopefully this one sticks. 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter