Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I've only stayed CL twice - once at BW and once at YC. For me the huge draw was breakfast, and night time adult beverages. During the afternoon, if I came back to the room for a rest, I sometimes stopped for a treat, but as far as other offerings during the day, I was not there in time to participate. Not sure on a cost basis that would be enough of an offset, but that's my experience. Hope it helps...

We are booked to stay at the Yacht Club in November for the first time. We are usually Poly people, but I really wanted to try and Epcot Area resort. My DH is very worried that he isn't going to like the Yacht Club and wants to switch back to the Poly, but there is nothing available there.

I thought about maybe upgrading to Club Level to make it seem a little more "special." It will add about $1500 to our trip. I'm just not sure having access to the lounge is worth that much more money. Those who love to stay Club Level - sell me on it!!
Depending on how long you will be there, have you considered a split stay? There may be better availability at the Poly for fewer nights, and you could enjoy the best of both. One resort can transfer your belongings to the other for you. With the right timing, a stay at the YC would allow you to enjoy the fantastic Christmas decor at the YC/BC during your stay. If the additional cost for CL at the YC is a concern, book a Water View room at the YC, and request a view of Crescent Lake. If you plan to spend most of your time at the parks and DS, away from the resort, Club Level may not be worth the additional expense. Having the Boardwalk, EP, and HS short walks or boat rides away is a great draw for staying at the YC, as is Stormalong Bay, if you are pool people. It is the best pool complex onsite.

Depending on how long you will be there, have you considered a split stay? There may be better availability at the Poly for fewer nights, and you could enjoy the best of both. One resort can transfer your belongings to the other for you. With the right timing, a stay at the YC would allow you to enjoy the fantastic Christmas decor at the YC/BC during your stay. If the additional cost for CL at the YC is a concern, book a Water View room at the YC, and request a view of Crescent Lake. If you plan to spend most of your time at the parks and DS, away from the resort, Club Level may not be worth the additional expense. Having the Boardwalk, EP, and HS short walks or boat rides away is a great draw for staying at the YC, as is Stormalong Bay, if you are pool people. It is the best pool complex onsite.

We will just be there 5 nights, so I don't know that it would be worth to switch resorts. We are big resort people. We just have 4 day park passes and will be there the better part of 6 days, so there will be 2 full days that we are not going to go to parks.

It's not that the extra $$ will be a huge burden on our budget, but I just don't want to waste money if it isn't worth it at all.

Stormalong Bay is part of the reason I really wanted to stay here. We don't have kids, but I do love a good pool/lazy river and want to try it out at least once.

I sent our travel agent a message last night about the cost to upgrade to Club Level and she sent me a video highlighting the amenities of the lounge. I will show DH the video this evening when he gets home and just let him decide I guess.

Thanks for your help.

We will just be there 5 nights, so I don't know that it would be worth to switch resorts. We are big resort people. We just have 4 day park passes and will be there the better part of 6 days, so there will be 2 full days that we are not going to go to parks.

It's not that the extra $$ will be a huge burden on our budget, but I just don't want to waste money if it isn't worth it at all.

Stormalong Bay is part of the reason I really wanted to stay here. We don't have kids, but I do love a good pool/lazy river and want to try it out at least once.

I sent our travel agent a message last night about the cost to upgrade to Club Level and she sent me a video highlighting the amenities of the lounge. I will show DH the video this evening when he gets home and just let him decide I guess.

Thanks for your help.
Another option to make it special might be renting a cabana for one of your resort days

We are booked to stay at the Yacht Club in November for the first time. We are usually Poly people, but I really wanted to try and Epcot Area resort. My DH is very worried that he isn't going to like the Yacht Club and wants to switch back to the Poly, but there is nothing available there.

I thought about maybe upgrading to Club Level to make it seem a little more "special." It will add about $1500 to our trip. I'm just not sure having access to the lounge is worth that much more money. Those who love to stay Club Level - sell me on it!!
I cannot speak for CL. But, my DW and I stayed at BC last year for the first time. This too was our first time in the EP resort area. Previously, we had stayed at CR, WL and FW. We had always been MK resort folks. We loved every second of the EP resort area. There is nothing wrong with the MK area, but we really enjoyed the lake and the walking access to both EP and DHS. We like to close down parks, especially EP, and it is so nice and convenient to walk back to your hotel. I just remember waiting in line for the monorail to head back to the CR and thinking that the wait was dreadful at the end of the night when you are sweaty and exhausted. It was so easy to walk 5 minutes back to the room. One last thing, the Boardwalk area is really cool too and that is something the MK resorts have nothing similar to. It is kind of fun to walk the Boardwalk area and enjoy the sights and sounds.

There are some really great restaurant locations at the Epcot resorts including Swan & Dolphin. A nice dinner each night with a stroll around the lake and a little bit of bar hopping might be a more flexible (& possibly more cost effective?) way to ‘treat yourselves’ than committing to the Club Level for the full stay. Just another perspective From a self-confessed Boardwalk area fan!

Odd question I can't seem to find the answer for, does anyone know if you can use the Krugg machine in the rooms just to boil water? From the UK and planning on bringing tea bags so trying to check if the machine works like some others in that if you don't put a pod in it will just boil the water.

Odd question I can't seem to find the answer for, does anyone know if you can use the Krugg machine in the rooms just to boil water? From the UK and planning on bringing tea bags so trying to check if the machine works like some others in that if you don't put a pod in it will just boil the water.
The machine will heat water hot enough for tea. You just want to be sure to wipe out the cup area and run some clean water through the machine before using it for the first time. :)

The machine will heat water hot enough for tea. You just want to be sure to wipe out the cup area and run some clean water through the machine before using it for the first time. :)

Thanks! Just means we can have tea when we get back to the room rather than having to take our refillable cups out and get a drinks on the way back

Hey @Wood Nymph I just wanted to say thank you for your contributions to this thread. I try to answer when I can, but some things (like coffee makers) are outside my realm of knowledge.

I'm not sure if the Be Our Guest list is being updated, but if it is...BCV studio March 31-April 4, and BCV studio December 7-12.

So, I'm a CL fan (and YC CL is generally in my top 3 behind Poly CL and CR CL)... but it really comes down to how you do WDW, IMHO. It's all so subjective and everyone does Disney differently, it can be hard to make blanket statements one way or the other.

For us the breakfast is a huge benefit. Simple things like having a fresh cup of coffee just steps away or grabbing a quick breakfast without having to "think" has a lot of value. I don't really love the YC or BC quick service options, so avoiding those also has value. We don't tend to do breakfast ADRs and the CL breakfasts are generally enough to pass as a meal substitute.

I find value in the occasional beer/wine/water/snack in our comings/goings during the day.

I enjoy the evening app service and, generally speaking, think YC does a decent job relative to other CLs. Not the best, but not the worst - nice variety and varying options. A lot of times we'll have a larger lunch out that day so the light evening apps are fine for dinner. Other times we do want a proper dinner so the evening apps are simply that - apps - or maybe we skip service all together. One thing we don't do is let the lounge dictate our schedule - if we're out/about so be it, if we're around the resort to partake, that's great too. The Epcot resorts area has so many fun reasons to not be around the room so it's debatable if we take full advantage of the lounge, but that's just the way it goes with how we travel.

Having dedicated CMs on the floor can come in handy sometimes - there's nothing earth shattering about what they can offer, but occasionally we've had MB problems, need to cancel an ADR, or small things like that and it can be more convenient than waiting in line at the front desk.

The YC CL lounge is a nice space - but unlike Poly or CR CL, it doesn't offer a special view or any "wow" factor to it.

A guaranteed fifth floor room means no one stomping around or making noise above you. :-)

The math generally won't work out for most since nothing I note above is worth the extra cost from a pure $ point of view, it's more if you find value in the small conveniences that CL offers.

I generally don't recommend CL for park comandos or if you tend to eat out for every meal.

All of that is really subjective of course, but hope it helps!

FWIW, YC CL just reopened yesterday (after a nearly 2 year closure)... the early posts on the CL thread look really good (in my humble opinion), including a chef plating small apps for the evening service, which is new.

PS: I'm a Poly person too and that's where our heart will always be... but YC has probably been our second most frequent destination behind Poly. It's definitely nothing like Poly, but to me it's a nice contrast in terms of resort vibe, style, and nearby amenities.

PPS: The CL lounge has a freezer stocked all day with Mickey Bars and other treats. You won't find me complaining about that. :-)

Last edited:
So, I'm a CL fan (and YC CL is generally in my top 3 behind Poly CL and CR CL)... but it really comes down to how you do WDW, IMHO. It's all so subjective and everyone does Disney differently, it can be hard to make blanket statements one way or the other.

For us the breakfast is a huge benefit. Simple things like having a fresh cup of coffee just steps away or grabbing a quick breakfast without having to "think" has a lot of value. I don't really love the YC or BC quick service options, so avoiding those also has value. We don't tend to do breakfast ADRs and the CL breakfasts are generally enough to pass as a meal substitute.

I find value in the occasional beer/wine/water/snack in our comings/goings during the day.

I enjoy the evening app service and, generally speaking, think YC does a decent job relative to other CLs. Not the best, but not the worst - nice variety and varying options. A lot of times we'll have a larger lunch out that day so the light evening apps are fine for dinner. Other times we do want a proper dinner so the evening apps are simply that - apps - or maybe we skip service all together. One thing we don't do is let the lounge dictate our schedule - if we're out/about so be it, if we're around the resort to partake, that's great too. The Epcot resorts area has so many fun reasons to not be around the room so it's debatable if we take full advantage of the lounge, but that's just the way it goes with how we travel.

Having dedicated CMs on the floor can come in handy sometimes - there's nothing earth shattering about what they can offer, but occasionally we've had MB problems, need to cancel an ADR, or small things like that and it can be more convenient than waiting in line at the front desk.

The YC CL lounge is a nice space - but unlike Poly or CR CL, it doesn't offer a special view or any "wow" factor to it.

A guaranteed fifth floor room means no one stomping around or making noise above you. :-)

The math generally won't work out for most since nothing I note above is worth the extra cost from a pure $ point of view, it's more if you find value in the small conveniences that CL offers.

I generally don't recommend CL for park comandos or if you tend to eat out for every meal.

FWIW, YC CL just reopened yesterday (after a nearly 2 year closure)... the early posts on the CL thread look really good (in my humble opinion), including a chef plating small apps for the evening service, which is new.

PS: I'm a Poly person too and that's where our heart will always be... but YC has probably been our second most frequent destination behind Poly. It's definitely nothing like Poly, but to me it's a nice contrast in terms of resort vibe, style, and nearby amenities.

PPS: The CL lounge has a freezer stocked all day with Mickey Bars and other treats. You won't find me complaining about that. :-)

Thank you so much for your review. We definitely spend a ton of time at the resort - we have been to WDW so many times now that the resort is just as much of the vacation as the parks, so I know we would get decent use out of the lounge. I just need to make my decision and let my TA know what I want to do.

Thank you for this excellent post and heads up about pictures on the CL thread. The post on Page 1 needs some serious updating, so I'll troll over there to see if I can get some fresh pictures and info.

My last CL stay was in Oct 2016, I believe, and at that time they were not stocking Mickey Bars. Game Changer!!!

:mickeybar

Page 1946-1947

The pin code reeled us in again! Returning to our beloved YC 4/27-5/4!
With ME gone, can anyone recommend a car service that has 2 car seats? (Or 1 and a booster?)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Did you receive an answer to your question about car services? I don't have the info, but hopefully someone can help you.

:thumbsup2

Hi All! First time visit to the YC (been to the BC). Can't wait to go back. June 29-July 10 - 60th bday trip for me!

:welcome: back!

:cool1:

Getting off a B2B 7-nighter on the Wish and wanted to stay at the YC for three nights 12/9 - 12/12. Unfortunately for the cost of a three night stay I could go on the Wish for another three nights. This is REDICUOUS!!! Probably will just head north and stay a few nights in a chalet in the Smokies for a lot less than heading back to WDW.
Katesdad

:wave2:

Hi, my friend!

Glad to see that you have a cruise on the books, but I'm sorry to hear that you are priced out of the YC.

Hope your future travels are wonderful.

🚢

I would like to ask a few questions:
1. what type of toiletries are current in the rooms?
2. if staying club level, what offerings do they usually offer?
3. do they have a food court inside the yacht club?

Thank you

:welcome:

Let us know if you decide to book a trip here.

Since the CL is just reopening after an extended absence, the best place to go to see what to expect there is the last few pages of the Club Level thread- I'll post a link to that thread in a few minutes.

Disney's Club Level (CL) Questions and Info

As others have indicated, no food court. Because the resort is so close to EPCOT's World Showcase, I have never found the lack of a food court to be an issue for lunch or dinner. There are a few options for breakfast, but not the selection you would get at a food court. The breakfast service is the most important part of a CL stay for me for that reason.

Pre-covid, Mickey waffles and bacon were available for breakfast in the BC Marketplace and the Market at Ale & Compass, which was a game changer! Not sure if they are still on the menu at those locations.

::yes::

Happened to notice this on the site today

Starting January 31, 2022, lunch will be offered at Ale & Compass Restaurant. As of January 20, 2022, you will be able to book lunch reservations.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

:thanks:

Hi Dee! Can you add me to the list for a stay at the BCVs from 12/1 - 12/8? Mixing it up a bit and skipping marathon weekend for 2023, so we decided to bring our 4 young adult nieces [which include triplets] for a week and will be staying in a 2BR for the the first time. As a studio guy this will be my first time in a 2BR so looking forward to it. Not to mention, I'll be outnumbered 5 to 1!:drinking1

Will do!

Sounds like a fun trip!!!

Have an ample supply of chocolate and wine on hand and you should be all set.

::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

We cancelled our trip for the YC CL opening this coming week. Several family members, including our DD have had Covid in the last 2 weeks. DH & I have been able to avoid it so far. We’re just not up for the stress or risks of exposure right now. We have another trip booked for April.. at CR April 26-28, then YC CL April 28- May 3. Celebrating my retirement & a BIG birthday. Hopefully this one sticks. 🤞🏻

Congratulations on your life milestones.

:dogdance:

Last edited:
Disney Dining News, January-February 2022
(from Disney Parks on Twitter)

Collage of food offerings from Cape May Café

Along with these exciting openings, there is some more news to share about two other locations – Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, both of which will be featuring the return of some of their beloved offerings.

Over at Cape May Café on Feb. 15, embrace the New England vibes as you once again feast upon an all-you-care-to-enjoy, buffet breakfast with tasty items like pull-apart bread with vanilla sauce, beef hash, and an omelet station. And what breakfast is complete without Mickey and Minnie waffles? As the sun goes down, the buffets keep coming with options like cornbread, seasonal harvest salad, seafood boil, and a daily carving station, just to name a few. You can also choose to upgrade your meal with snow crab legs or even a whole lobster, both purchased by the pound. It’s best to bring your appetite for these exciting returns because you’ll want a bite of everything!

Image of Blueberry Bacon Pancakes and interior of Ale & Compass Restaurant

Next door at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort starting Jan. 31, the Ale & Compass Restaurant is back with some returning breakfast options and exciting, new lunch offerings. Start off by indulging in one of the delicious à la carte entrées, like Blueberry Bacon Pancakes. And don’t forget to enhance your breakfast with a tasty buffet filled with dazzling additions to your entrée, including pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, overnight oats, and house-made cheddar biscuits with country gravy. What a perfect start to your Disney day.

Page 1948-1950

So good to see many new faces on (arguably) the friendliest thread on the DIS!

Considering YC CL for our next trip. We are a family of 4; my kids are boy & girl older teens and prefer not to share a bed (daughter is a bed hog & gets grumpy w poor sleep). We have stayed at Beach Club in the past & the couch/day bed has worked well.
Any idea how many YC CL rooms are set up Q/Q/day bed? The website makes it appear that non-CL rooms have more of that configuration.
This would be our main room request- would BC or BW be better options?
Thanks so much for any advice! 😊

I'm not really sure of the number of YC rooms that have a daybed. I believe it is more than half, but I have never seen stats on the actual percentage.

If you book here, make sure you add "Room with day bed/sleeper sofa please. Teen children of opposite gender"

Pre-covid, you cold request a rollaway cot, sometimes free of cost, sometimes a nightly charge. Not sure if they are still doing this. If so, that would be an option in the unlikely event that you are not assigned to a room with enough sleeping surfaces.

Let us know if you book here.

:goodvibes

Can you request box fans at YC? I really don’t want to pack my personal fan if I can just borrow one there.

You can definitely request one. Not sure how many they have.

After your trip, let us know if you were able to get one.

::yes::

@jemtx, @Wood Nymph, and @Gitelfor, thanks!

Our arrival day is my partner's birthday, and we plan to get Giordano's delivered. She loves and craves Chicago-style deep dish, and we don't have any locally. (Not even mediocre deep-dish. No deep-dish.) Of course, we could Uber out to the restaurant itself, but it seems kind of silly to get checked in and settled at a fantastic WDW resort and then immediately leave to eat at a strip mall. I think it would be way more fun to find a bench or an outside table and soak in the Beach Club vibes. Outdoors, weather pending, so that we don't assault anyone with our strong-smelling pizza, hahaha.

I love all of the helpful suggestions for indoor and outdoor dining spots at the resort.

Enjoy your pizza without guilt! (Just be careful of the gulls who may want to take part in your picnic)

🍕

It’s official- we’re taking the plunge into deluxe and staying at Yacht December 4-10 (with a night at Pop beforehand)!! So excited!!! Thanks for all the helpful information (been lurking for awhile on this thread)!!

:welcome: to posting here!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I hope you and your DH fall in love with the YC, as much as many of the folks that hang out here have.

My suggestion is to check out the last several pages of the Club Level thread to see the recent experiences of guests who have stayed there since CL reopened.

Disney's Club Level (CL) Questions and Info

:cool2:

Hello there! I think I am sold at staying at the Yacht Club this time! It's beautiful! We are booking June 27th - July 2nd.

Can anyone tell me if there are microwaves in the rooms? We had one at the Poly last time and I was just wondering if there were updates to the room amenities here. TIA!

No microwaves in the room, but as others have posted, there is one available in the resort Marketplaces and you can request one from housekeeping. Free of charged based on availability.

:cool2:

Great question!

As @woodnymph indicated, that should work. And, as suggested in the previous posts, you could also request a microwave for the room to heat water

☕

Hey @Wood Nymph I just wanted to say thank you for your contributions to this thread. I try to answer when I can, but some things (like coffee makers) are outside my realm of knowledge.

Here, here!

Thank you both, and all of the other extremely helpful posters that hang out here, who help so many people have the vacation of their dreams.

:disrocks:

:thanks:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter