Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Pre-covid, Mickey waffles and bacon were available for breakfast in the BC Marketplace and the Market at Ale & Compass, which was a game changer! Not sure if they are still on the menu at those locations.
The Marketplace at Ale and Compass at the YC has really improved their breakfast selections. They offer a breakfast bowl which is similar to the BC Marketplace bounty platter, except it has potato barrels instead of breakfast potatoes. Both marketplaces still have Mickey waffles. They even make gluten-free waffles. :)

Yikes…did you receive any compensation for these disruptions?
I didn't, but my fault.. It was a go-go-go sort of trip and ran right into birthdays and holidays when we returned home, so I didn't take the time to complain. I've just booked a single cub level night(first time CL!) at YC from 3/3-3/4, so hoping for better luck this time!

I've been watching videos from this year of the Beach Club rooms. I know they aren't new like Yacht, but we haven't stayed there since 2014, so they are new to us!

I read reports the rooms are worn down and such, but from videos they seemed fine to me? Thoughts?

Oh another question how to I request a microwave in the room?
The microwaves are available, upon request, from Mousekeeping, but are subject to availability. Otherwise, both the YC’s Market at Ale & Compass, as well as the Beach Club Marketplace, have microwaves to use at their locations. You may also try requesting one at the front desk at check-in.

Oh another question how to I request a microwave in the room?
You would call Housekeeping from your resort room when you check in. :)

I've been watching videos from this year of the Beach Club rooms. I know they aren't new like Yacht, but we haven't stayed there since 2014, so they are new to us!

I read reports the rooms are worn down and such, but from videos they seemed fine to me? Thoughts?
The Beach Club rooms are fine, in our opinion. You always get some rooms that have seen more wear and tear than others. But for the most part, they are fine. The most important part to us is that they have been very clean. :)

I think there must be people posting reviews who have very high expectations because it seems like people always think every single resort is worn down.

Personally, I'm one of those people who goes into a hotel room at any hotel and thinks, "Will I be able to figure out how to work the shower?" I'm concerned that the heat/AC might not work right. I would never notice things like scuffed furniture and whether the walls could use a new coat of paint.

The Beach Club rooms are fine, in our opinion. You always get some rooms that have seen more wear and tear than others. But for the most part, they are fine. The most important part to us is that they have been very clean. :)
I think there must be people posting reviews who have very high expectations because it seems like people always think every single resort is worn down.

Personally, I'm one of those people who goes into a hotel room at any hotel and thinks, "Will I be able to figure out how to work the shower?" I'm concerned that the heat/AC might not work right. I would never notice things like scuffed furniture and whether the walls could use a new coat of paint.

They look very bright and airy! Good color palette. What I really like is Beach Club has a closet with enough room to hang dresses. Usually the closets lately seem to be cut off, with a rod but a shelf underneath, so my dresses can't hang correctly.
Weird thing to look for, but it's important to me! :D

Does anyone know if there are certain dates that the Yacht Club is excluded from the "save $500 on a 5-night stay" offer? I started searching on the day the offer was released and was not able to find any availability for our travel dates (3/26-4/3). Should I keep searching up to our trip dates, or is it hopeless? (We are currently doing a split stay with BCV and AKL but would switch some or all of those dates to YC if the prices worked out.)

Okay, we waffled back and forth, went as far as booking Wilderness Lodge...but we remembered the past 2 trips where didn't stay at Yacht/Beach, all we wanted to do was switch hotels to Yacht/Beach. 😂

Just rebooked our WL stay to Beach Club - 4/18/23-4/27/23! We're finally coming back where we belong!!!

Honestly, nothing can beat the walk Epcot for us. Nothing. :D

Does anyone know if there are certain dates that the Yacht Club is excluded from the "save $500 on a 5-night stay" offer? I started searching on the day the offer was released and was not able to find any availability for our travel dates (3/26-4/3). Should I keep searching up to our trip dates, or is it hopeless? (We are currently doing a split stay with BCV and AKL but would switch some or all of those dates to YC if the prices worked out.)

At this point it’s likely that whatever discounts were allotted to your dates have already been booked. But do keep checking! People switch and cancel resort reservations all the time and it’s possible that a discount will pop up eventually. Good luck!

Okay, we waffled back and forth, went as far as booking Wilderness Lodge...but we remembered the past 2 trips where didn't stay at Yacht/Beach, all we wanted to do was switch hotels to Yacht/Beach. 😂

Just rebooked our WL stay to Beach Club - 4/18/23-4/27/23! We're finally coming back where we belong!!!

You are so right!

Up until two days ago I was booked at AKL with extended family for our upcoming trip. Well, last week extended family postponed their trip due to Covid, leaving me solo. A couple of days ago an AP discounted room for my dates popped up at Yacht. So guess where I am booked now. :rolleyes1 Still sad that the others won’t be there, but being able to walk to HS and Epcot whenever I want is going a loooong way to cheer me up. :D

We always stay at Wilderness Lodge & booked beach for the first time to try something new. I’m hoping we like it or I’m afraid my husband will never want to venture from Wilderness Lodge again.

We completely agree! Last year, we wanted to try a new resort - so I added two nights at the front of our trip to try out Wilderness Lodge(my principal ONLY stays there and she raves about it). While it was nice, it wasn't the Beach Club and we couldn't wait to check in there! Then we had a last minute airline change(out of our control) and had to add a night that Beach Club couldn't accommodate, so we booked one night at Coronado Springs - Gran Destino Tower. Again, lovely but definitely not our vibe! We wanted something just a tiny bit different this trip, so we booked Yacht Club, knowing we've been through there, it's connected to Beach Club, it shares the pool and is walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios...we are really excited about it! You are absolutely right - NOTHING beats the walk to Epcot!!! :)

Usually they only list excluded blocks of dates for several hotels. Individual dates might not have availability without the resort specifically being excluded. YC has been very popular lately & has been selling out at rack rate. But availability does change all the time, so keep checking.

The microwaves are available, upon request, from Mousekeeping, but are subject to availability. Otherwise, both the YC’s Market at Ale & Compass, as well as the Beach Club Marketplace, have microwaves to use at their locations. You may also try requesting one at the front desk at check-in.

Thanks both! Really useful stuff

Question, does Yacht club give out toothbrushes as do CSR?
If Disney classifies you as a VIP, you receive upgraded (additional) toiletries, including a toothbrush, razor, etc.; not sure if the changes since the pandemic changed that practice, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter