Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

My family is tentatively planning a trip for next summer. We are Yacht & Beach Club people, but there are no rooms available at either resort next June, so we may have to pivot and stay somewhere else. We have stayed at the Lodge before and have always enjoyed our stays. In previous stays, we have always stayed in an inner courtyard room, so our rooms have overlooked the main pool. That’s probably still my preferred room view, but the fireworks views I keep seeing have me intrigued. Are the best fireworks views the nature views or can we get pretty good fireworks views in a standard view room? Also, can someone remind me if the bathrooms have one or two sinks?

On a side note, my family and I visited Yellowstone NP at the beginning of July and spent two nights at the Old Faithful Inn. Just like the Wilderness Lodge, the lobby at OFI is amazing, maybe slightly more than WL only because it’s the original. If you’re ever in Yellowstone, OFI is definitely worth a visit.

View attachment 693019View attachment 693020
Checking in! No refrigerators in the room, so you need to take a cooler.
View attachment 693022
There’s a treehouse at the top. This would’ve been a cool addition to WL.
View attachment 693023

Thanks for your help!
A treehouse?? That is so cool!!!

A treehouse?? That is so cool!!!

Yes! We stayed there for two nights and I only saw it on our third day, and that was only because we took a tour and the guide pointed it out.

A treehouse would have been a great addition to the WL. They could’ve made it a guest room. Think how much they could’ve charged!

Yes! We stayed there for two nights and I only saw it on our third day, and that was only because we took a tour and the guide pointed it out.

A treehouse would have been a great addition to the WL. They could’ve made it a guest room. Think how much they could’ve charged!
Or even just a play area for kids..."way up high, in the sky".....

Are the best fireworks views the nature views or can we get pretty good fireworks views in a standard view room? Also, can someone remind me if the bathrooms have one or two sinks?
The highest floors of both the nature view rooms and the standard view rooms have the chance of giving you a good view of fireworks. We like the nature view rooms. Standard view overlooks the maintenance and loading dock area and can get noisy.

You can get a great fireworks view from the 4th, 5th and 6th floor hallway windows. They pipe in the music next to Geyser Point and it is a nice view from there. :)

The highest floors of both the nature view rooms and the standard view rooms have the chance of giving you a good view of fireworks. We like the nature view rooms. Standard view overlooks the maintenance and loading dock area and can get noisy.

You can get a great fireworks view from the 4th, 5th and 6th floor hallway windows. They pipe in the music next to Geyser Point and it is a nice view from there. :)

Thanks for the help! My DH is worried a WL room will feel tight with four people. I’m not sure if we’ll be staying there next summer, but I will remember for the future.

Thanks for the help! My DH is worried a WL room will feel tight with four people. I’m not sure if we’ll be staying there next summer, but I will remember for the future.
Love the lodge but the rooms can definitely feel a bit tight at times. I'm always sure to put any ancillary items away (suitcases in the closet or under the beds, etc.). But IMO it's worth it, the resort is so beautiful, great pools and wonderful dining options.

According to reports from folks that were woken up at 9am by chiseling and drilling, and them talking to a cast member, it sounds like the BRV refurb has commenced. The thread is under the DVC resorts tab.

According to reports from folks that were woken up at 9am by chiseling and drilling, and them talking to a cast member, it sounds like the BRV refurb has commenced. The thread is under the DVC resorts tab.
That most likely means that they are putting in new tile. :)

Hi all! We last stayed at WL in 2013 for our honeymoon, and at GF in 2018. We now have a 4 yr old boy. Tell me about Copper Creek Deluxe Studios! I hear they are never discounted. We are booked March 2023. I believe these are the same rooms we stayed at in the main building (exit the hallway right by the gift shop?)

Convenience is an issue - hubby is blind/ energy issues. We have a studio booked bec we are not eating indoors (outside is fine! - mom and dad are high risk. This trip was a no go until I thought of the studio option).

Tell me about Copper Creek Deluxe Studios! I hear they are never discounted. We are booked March 2023. I believe these are the same rooms we stayed at in the main building (exit the hallway right by the gift shop?)
Yes as part of DVC Copper Creek Studios may be fully booked for many parts of the year. That's actually by design. Disney only has a limited number directly available directly from Disney Online or Phone reservations. You might want to look at DVC rentals as an alternative.

There are 2 types of bookable Sudios: Deluxe Studio Villas, Deluxe Studio Villas with Walk-In Shower

There are 5 close Alternate versions that are only on Floors 2 (lobby level) thru 6th. There is 1 per floor that have a larger layout with a living area. However they are not a bookable configuration. They are nearest the elevator lobby (inside corner of the building.

Plus 2 more on the first floor at the far end where the Grand Villa exist for the other floors (room numbers 1166 and 1168).

While you can't book these 5 rooms you can request them just like any other room request. You want to request room 2115, 3115, 4115, 5115, or 6115. As a reminder 2115 is on the lobby level (Floor 2). They are odd shaped rooms that are larger then a regular Studio but to same to make a 1 BR.

Dave

Yes as part of DVC Copper Creek Studios may be fully booked for many parts of the year. That's actually by design. Disney only has a limited number directly available directly from Disney Online or Phone reservations. You might want to look at DVC rentals as an alternative.

There are 2 types of bookable Sudios: Deluxe Studio Villas, Deluxe Studio Villas with Walk-In Shower

There are 5 close Alternate versions that are only on Floors 2 (lobby level) thru 6th. There is 1 per floor that have a larger layout with a living area. However they are not a bookable configuration. They are nearest the elevator lobby (inside corner of the building.

Plus 2 more on the first floor at the far end where the Grand Villa exist for the other floors (room numbers 1166 and 1168).

While you can't book these 5 rooms you can request them just like any other room request. You want to request room 2115, 3115, 4115, 5115, or 6115. As a reminder 2115 is on the lobby level (Floor 2). They are odd shaped rooms that are larger then a regular Studio but to same to make a 1 BR.

Dave
Hi! We are already booked and have a reservation directly through Disney so we don't have to worry about that! We have a Deluxe Studio Villa. Sounds like a good option but do you think requesting those rooms will cause us to have less options? We want to be facing the pool.

Sounds like a good option but do you think requesting those rooms will cause us to have less options? We want to be facing the pool.
Well the first 5 rooms in my post are in the upper courtyard. The last 2 rooms are on the 1st floor at the end of the wing not overlooking the pool but they are very close to the main pool.

It's your call as to what you want to request just remember that your requests are just than and none are confirmed.

Dave

Hi all! We last stayed at WL in 2013 for our honeymoon, and at GF in 2018. We now have a 4 yr old boy. Tell me about Copper Creek Deluxe Studios! I hear they are never discounted. We are booked March 2023. I believe these are the same rooms we stayed at in the main building (exit the hallway right by the gift shop?)

Convenience is an issue - hubby is blind/ energy issues. We have a studio booked bec we are not eating indoors (outside is fine! - mom and dad are high risk. This trip was a no go until I thought of the studio option).
FYI the Copper Creek studios can and do get discounted. I’m in one tomorrow and we have the Disney+ discount applied to it.

We will be checking into the Wilderness Lodge tomorrow. Let me know if you have anything you want me to check out. :)
I'll be heading there this weekend... yay! Would you please check on the status of the return of boat service to the Contemporary from Wilderness Lodge? It was so convenient to get over there for restaurants and access to the monorail but I've heard it still wasn't running.

We arrived at the WL today and our room was ready when we arrived around 10:45am. We used Mears Connect and we had a van instead of a bus. It stopped at FQ, then Beach Club, then WL. We took the bus to MK around 3:15 and it went to the Settlement Depot at Fort Wilderness first before going to MK - something to think about when deciding whether to take the boat or bus. (We had just missed the boat which is why we decided to take the bus.) Next time we will just wait for the next boat.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter