• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has now become a real problem at many resorts in high tourist areas, not just WDW. People go to the pools and “reserve” seating with towel, bags, etc., then don’t show up for hours. Pretty dang rude I think.
You also have the family of 5, 2 parents & 3 kids, that go to the pool and grab a table AND 5 lounge chairs. Then the 3 kids never use any chair because they are in the pool the entire time. That's then 10 chairs for 2 people.

Can confirm! Was at the WL pool today and there was a single chair for us to use. Lots and lots empty but covered in towels and shoes.

Currently planning a trip for early November and booked at Pop/AoA, but am thinking of changing over to a deluxe for a few nights for the EEH (and I've wanted to stay at WL for quite a while)!

For my dates the Copper Creek studios are a bit cheaper than the WL rooms (mainly as the standard rooms aren't available so would need to go for a nature view room). Wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Copper Creek studios vs regular WL rooms?

From what I've read it seems like the main differences are that the Copper Creek studios have a queen + pull down sofa/queen vs the 2 queens at the regular WL rooms, and that there is a small kitchenette at the Copper Creek studios. Any other differences I should be aware of?

(And wondering how comfortable is the pull down sofa/queen... there are 4 of us so we would have to use this!)
Copper Creek has a pull out sofa, not a Murphy bed sofa. So if you need two queen beds, book the WL room.

Can confirm! Was at the WL pool today and there was a single chair for us to use. Lots and lots empty but covered in towels and shoes.
I am not trying to be contrary- but I do not necessarily think it is bad to put your stuff of a chair while you are in the pool. We do it all the time. Go to the pool, find an empty chair and put our things on it while in the water. If you don’t do that where do you keep the things you took to the pool?

am not trying to be contrary- but I do not necessarily think it is bad to put your stuff of a chair while you are in the pool. We do it all the time. Go to the pool, find an empty chair and put our things on it while in the water. If you don’t do that where do you keep the things you took to the pool?
Holding seating while you’re in the water isn’t the problem. Absolutely, you are who the chairs are meant for.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few people who will save tables and chairs, then go off to the parks or whatever and not come back for hours.

Holding seating while you’re in the water isn’t the problem. Absolutely, you are who the chairs are meant for.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few people who will save tables and chairs, then go off to the parks or whatever and not come back for hours.
I agree 100%. We drop our items on a pool chair to hold our stuff and swim. But we aren’t A family of 10 holding 10 pool chairs while maybe one of us actually sits on one the whole time.

Does anyone have a direct phone number for the hotel? Or an email for the front desk? We are arriving in less than 20 days and connecting rooms are SO important to us and it’s our only request! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Cheryl

Does anyone have a direct phone number for the hotel? Or an email for the front desk? We are arriving in less than 20 days and connecting rooms are SO important to us and it’s our only request! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Cheryl
You need to submit your request by calling the Disney Resort Reservations line. Any phone number you get for the hotel will actually go to a call center somewhere, so requesting via Disney Reservations is much better.

You do need to know that requests, even for connecting rooms, are not guaranteed. Sorry.

You need to submit your request by calling the Disney Resort Reservations line. Any phone number you get for the hotel will actually go to a call center somewhere, so requesting via Disney Reservations is much better.

You do need to know that requests, even for connecting rooms, are not guaranteed. Sorry.
Thanks! We do know that it’s not guaranteed, but having gone several times in the past and connecting rooms being our *only* request, we’ve gotten it every time! So fingers crossed!!

Cheryl

We have requested connecting rooms many times. We made sure it was noted on our reservation.

We have received them every single time.

Looking forward to our trip this fall to BRV. Does anyone know if the boats are back to running between WL and Contemporary and Fort Wilderness?

I often stay at CR and so far no, it has not returned. We were all hoping with the return of Hoop de Doo it would then but still, no. :(
We like popping over to CR or Fort Wilderness just for a change, plus my family really likes the arcade at CR versus WL. I guess we can boat or bus to MK and walk to CR, but sheesh, it'd be so much easier with the resort boat.

We like popping over to CR or Fort Wilderness just for a change, plus my family really likes the arcade at CR versus WL. I guess we can boat or bus to MK and walk to CR, but sheesh, it'd be so much easier with the resort boat.
Yep I still visit wl from monos but I cheat.

We often leave a park and bus to WL. Then we boat or bus to mk and mono, boat or walk to the resort. I do GF/Poly/Cr often but wl is fun to visit.

I'm with you. Of course there are more important things in life, but as a frequent CR guest the lack of boat annoys me as I like the food at WL better so like to cheat over there to expand options!

Most (although of course not all) Disney things have eventually come back even when the rumor mill rages/all hope seems lost so I am still holding out hope, personally. As long as the Blue Flag little icon is in the app or until they take down the signs at the dock... I'm saying there's a chance!

Hi everyone! One of my favorite past times at this hotel is getting a Hidden Mickey clue sheet from the front desk, and walking through the hotel grounds (indoor and out), in search of Hidden Mickey's. Does anyone know if this clue sheet is still available? TIA!

Good morning!

My family is tentatively planning a trip for next summer. We are Yacht & Beach Club people, but there are no rooms available at either resort next June, so we may have to pivot and stay somewhere else. We have stayed at the Lodge before and have always enjoyed our stays. In previous stays, we have always stayed in an inner courtyard room, so our rooms have overlooked the main pool. That’s probably still my preferred room view, but the fireworks views I keep seeing have me intrigued. Are the best fireworks views the nature views or can we get pretty good fireworks views in a standard view room? Also, can someone remind me if the bathrooms have one or two sinks?

On a side note, my family and I visited Yellowstone NP at the beginning of July and spent two nights at the Old Faithful Inn. Just like the Wilderness Lodge, the lobby at OFI is amazing, maybe slightly more than WL only because it’s the original. If you’re ever in Yellowstone, OFI is definitely worth a visit.

B59D0888-4A59-402D-836D-E1A63035E0FC.jpegD5D4151C-BD75-4255-B3B6-338225EA4F8D.jpeg
Checking in! No refrigerators in the room, so you need to take a cooler.
06127AE9-C2CF-4882-A8DE-88D307A060DD.jpeg
There’s a treehouse at the top. This would’ve been a cool addition to WL.
CDCC72CA-E788-4455-9710-4449FFDBD744.jpeg

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter