Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A You Tube video I watched yesterday confirmed Christmas music being piped into the lobby. Just makes me miss the orchestra and piano even more.

Yes I saw that video. He was at Grand Floridian and they have the music playing there, but they DID NOT at Wilderness Lodge. So wondering if that changed yet.

Yes I saw that video. He was at Grand Floridian and they have the music playing there, but they DID NOT at Wilderness Lodge. So wondering if that changed yet.
I would like to think so! Another beautiful lobby at Christmas, and it deserves Christmas music to add to the ambience.

Pardon if this is included somewhere, but I couldn’t find it ...

We are used to the FW Cabins, where you park right in front of the cabin. How far is it really from the parking space to the Cascade Cabins at WL? Manageable with luggage, shopping bags, back tired from the parks??

Thanks!!

Pardon if this is included somewhere, but I couldn’t find it ...

We are used to the FW Cabins, where you park right in front of the cabin. How far is it really from the parking space to the Cascade Cabins at WL? Manageable with luggage, shopping bags, back tired from the parks??

Thanks!!
Manageable if everyone helps. A pain if Dad is the only one carrying everything. 😁

I know the tree and decorations just went up - is this later than usual since WL isn't technically open for guests? We are planning an 11/5-14 trip in 2021 and heavily considering WL for a few nights because of the holiday decor, but if it's not going to be up until after our trip we'll pick a different deluxe for a few nights.

I know the tree and decorations just went up - is this later than usual since WL isn't technically open for guests? We are planning an 11/5-14 trip in 2021 and heavily considering WL for a few nights because of the holiday decor, but if it's not going to be up until after our trip we'll pick a different deluxe for a few nights.

I’d say it’s definitely earlier than usual. The years that I stayed at the Lodge for Thanksgiving, the decorations weren’t up till Thanksgiving week. Last year it was the week before Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
We usually go the week after you are planning and leave the Saturday or Sunday before Thanksgiving and we have never seen the Christmas decorations. They seem to be one of the last resorts to put up decorations.

It's a bit of a walk from the dedicated parking area, depending on where your cabin is. You do get to walk past the grilling area, so if you wanted to do any outdoor grilling, you can see what that set-up looks like. Also there's signs to watch out for snakes and alligators. :eek:

We just canceled our CCV reservations.

COVID? Bring it on!

But this weekend’s hairline fracture in the foot forcing DW to wear “the boot”? No way we can go. So we canceled.

Going in April now. So bummed out. We were looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations at WL!

COVID? Bring it on!

But this weekend’s hairline fracture in the foot forcing DW to wear “the boot”? No way we can go. So we canceled.

Going in April now. So bummed out. We were looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations at WL!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for DW (been there/done that, it stinks!). April will be here before you know it.

COVID? Bring it on!

Oh my gosh what a coincidence I just did the same thing 3 days ago!!! Hairline fracture and a great big beautiful boot! We leave for Disney on 12/2 and I’m going to be using an ECV renting off site ..at least that’s the plan as of today...I really don’t want to cancel as this is already a rescheduled trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter