Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! We are so excited to be making our 3rd trip to our beloved Wilderness Lodge April 15.

We will be arriving at MCO at 4:20. I had planned on getting QS at the Roaring Fork for dinner. With the refurbishments, what are the other options besides Whispering Canyon? I did make an ADR for WC as a failsafe, but we may just want something simple and light. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! We are so excited to be making our 3rd trip to our beloved Wilderness Lodge April 15.

We will be arriving at MCO at 4:20. I had planned on getting QS at the Roaring Fork for dinner. With the refurbishments, what are the other options besides Whispering Canyon? I did make an ADR for WC as a failsafe, but we may just want something simple and light. Thanks in advance!
The new Geyser Point Bar and Grill is the only QS option at the Wilderness Lodge while RF is being refurbished. The Mercantile also sells some baked goods throughout the day.

While not super fast, I took the boat to the Contemporary for some more QS options since the trip back is so simple.

Thank you! Does Geyser Point bar and grill take dining plan qs credits?

It might be fun to take a boat ride to Contemporary though.

Does anyone know if the Rapid Fill station at Geyser Point is a standard soda fountain or a Coke Freestlye machine like they have at GF and currently under construction YC QS? Also, do you think Roaring Fork will get Freestlye machines as well?

Does anyone know if the Rapid Fill station at Geyser Point is a standard soda fountain or a Coke Freestlye machine like they have at GF and currently under construction YC QS? Also, do you think Roaring Fork will get Freestlye machines as well?
Geyser Point is a large standard soda fountain. It has more varieties such as Sprite Zero, but nothing like a Freestyle machine.

I read somewhere that all the QS will transition to Coke Freestyle machines so I assume RF will get it, but I cannot confirm.

We are planning on dates 12/2-12/9 and have never had so much difficulty finding rooms for deluxe level, 1 bedroom villa or even standard deluxe room...starting to wonder if I need to find a different week!
There aren't very many deluxe rooms at the WL now that the south wing has been converted to DVC units. That could be why they are so hard to book. And December is a popular month for the WL since the Christmas decorations are so beautiful.

Is there anywhere they play Wishes music outside at Wilderness Lodge?
You can hear Wishes on the water side of Geyser Point. There are several speakers placed on the ground in the landscaped area.

Thank you! Does Geyser Point bar and grill take dining plan qs credits?

It might be fun to take a boat ride to Contemporary though.
Yes, the counter service at Geyser Point does take the dining plan. :)

Hi all! I am new here- but super excited about all of the info I've found... so thank you all in advance! We have a trip booked 12/3-12/9 at WL- our first stay there. I saw a post a few weeks prior about staying on the north side of the resort, 4th floor or higher, for a MK fireworks view... just wondering how likely they are to accommodate these kinds of requests? Also, curious if you are able to take advantage of the free dining (if it's available during that time) at a deluxe resort? I've heard mixed answers on this...

Thanks all in advance!

Hi!!!!

I see many posts regarding the playing of Wishes music at Geyser Point. Can you SEE the fireworks from Geyser Point? I am curious as we are staying the Lodge on july 4!

Hi all! I am new here- but super excited about all of the info I've found... so thank you all in advance! We have a trip booked 12/3-12/9 at WL- our first stay there. I saw a post a few weeks prior about staying on the north side of the resort, 4th floor or higher, for a MK fireworks view... just wondering how likely they are to accommodate these kinds of requests? Also, curious if you are able to take advantage of the free dining (if it's available during that time) at a deluxe resort? I've heard mixed answers on this...

Thanks all in advance!
Sure, they have always included Deluxe resorts in Free Dining offers. I can't fathom where you'd hear otherwise.

How likely are they to fill a request? No one knows. In our experience they do if they can. But they can't always do it

Thanks all in advance!

If you check in and get to your room and it isn't what you requested, go talk to the front desk. They will try to accommodate your request to the best of their ability. Sometimes that means you will have to wait a night to get a room that meets your request, but if you are willing to wait a night, they usually can accommodate you.

I'm so, so bummed out. I had to cancel my reservation today because our roof was totaled in a hail storm last week. :( It was gonna be my first stay at WL, which has been my dream resort for a while and my first EVER vacation without my kids. I'm so, so sad. :( Here's to hoping we can work it out later this year!

I'm so, so bummed out. I had to cancel my reservation today because our roof was totaled in a hail storm last week. :( It was gonna be my first stay at WL, which has been my dream resort for a while and my first EVER vacation without my kids. I'm so, so sad. :( Here's to hoping we can work it out later this year!
Bummer indeed. I know it's a huge headache right now but you will get a nice new roof in the end. DD had that happen to her house a few years ago. They needed a new roof so it was a benefit to them, once they got through the repair portion.

Hi!!!!

I see many posts regarding the playing of Wishes music at Geyser Point. Can you SEE the fireworks from Geyser Point? I am curious as we are staying the Lodge on july 4!
You will only be able to see the high fireworks above the trees. You can't see the castle or the lower fireworks from Geyser Point.

There is an amazing fireworks view from the hallway window located near the elevator that is by Roaring Forks in the north wing. You can see all of the castle and the low fireworks from the window. You will have to open the wooden shutters to see out the window. But you won't hear the music. I watched the fireworks from the fifth floor window but fourth floor and higher would have the good view too.

Territory Lounge is also an option, they have a small menu and I believe begin serving at 4. Some of the options on their menu come from Artist Point and everything we've had in the lounge is delicious! However I'm not sure they take DP credits.................

Hi!!!!

You can see the Contemporary, so you see whatever is going on above the Contemporary. Not a great view but better than nothing!

I am so super excited! Switched our resort from AoA Little Mermaid Rooms to Wilderness Lodge Courtyard with bunk beds rooms ... also traveling with my in laws and they have their own room as well! Traveling with hubby and our daughter who will be 3.5 years old! Super excited!!!!! Going March 4-10 2018!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter