Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been here in what seems like ages, and forgive me, a bit overwhelmed by all the updates of the construction, but a question....is the pool open, and if not, when is it supposed to open? (noting back to the excuse our pixie dust disclaimer at the start of the thread)
Main pool has been open a couple of years.
The Villa pool is not open yet, summer sometime

Not to mention the whole AP discount business. Did anyone ask about TiW? Quite a few Resort QS have been added this year for the extra 45th benefit stuff. I guess this one didn't get that?
Most resort pool bars will not take the TiW card. Only the lounges inside the resort buildings will take it.

So no more sandy beach at all near the marina? Not even where the tether ball and picnic tables were located? Loving all your photos!
There aren't any areas with beach sand in the finished sections. They have the area directly behind the marina all walled off so you can't tell if they plan to have any sandy areas back there. I hope they bring back the tether ball and picnic tables.

MORE scaffolding?! It's really become a permanent fixture! Great information and updates, @Wood Nymph!
They have added even more scaffolding on Saturday. It covers the entire upper Silver Creek area. It seems as if there has been scaffolding somewhere at that resort every time we have stayed at the WL since 2013.

Does your sister go to WDW as much as you?
She is a teacher so can only go during limited times of the year. She doesn't go very often and when she does go it is usually with us.

Do any other buses go direct? What about Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom (in the morning)
We took the Hollywood Studios bus this morning and it went directly to HS. It didn't stop at GF. I heard that they have started to run the morning buses directly to the parks instead of sharing them with another resort. Then buses later in the day still stop at another resort.

We took the Magic Kingdom bus tonight at 5:15am and it took the back road to the Settlement bus stop in FW. The bus driver told me that they are running the MK bus to pick up the Hoop Dee Doo guests during the show hours. They are also running a Fort Wilderness bus to WL, although I never see anyone get on or off of it.

Where can I grab Mickey bars while Roaring Fork is closed? I assume the gift shop? Also can i order room service to be delivered to the pool? Thanks.

if you lok in the upper right of this picture, does it seem like those cabins will see a crazy amount of foot traffic? I wonder if any type of gate will be added to keep people from wander to their door either out of curiosity or confusion. I am actually surprised by the rock wall. When I first saw the pics of the pool construction. I thought the rock wall was part of the pool and maybe it would have water features. Does it look like there is going to be a slide here too somewhere? I think if is probably necessary to separate it with a wall to keep from having a tremendous amount of fencing. Is the low building in the middle of the right side of the picture a temporary structure or something new? I can't wait to see this done when we are there in Sept!!!
The cabins that are located to the right of the villas pool should have very little foot traffic. There isn't any reason for people to over there unless they are staying in a cabin.

I'm wondering if someone who is going to be visiting WL or taking a tour of the CCV models would be willing to ask the following and report back on the answer ? I emailed Disney and their answer was not particularly helpful.

Normally, DVC resorts have a community laundry room with complimentary washers and dryers. This lets those staying in a studio do laundry, as well as anyone staying in a larger villa should they wish (though the 1+ bedrooms have their own washer and dryer). Thus, at WL there is a laundry room (complimentary, for guests staying in the WVL) in the VWL building, in addition to the self-serve paid laundry room near Roaring Forks.

So, will CCV have its own (complimentary) laundry room ? If yes, where will it be ? If no, where are those staying at CCV intended to do their laundry (aside from in-room washer and dryer) ? e.g. Use the existing one at VWL ? Using the one near Roaring Forks (but that one is paid...).

Thank you !

SW
I found out that there will be a laundry room on the fourth floor of the Copper Creek villas building (the former south wing).

They have added even more scaffolding on Saturday. It covers the entire upper Silver Creek area. It seems as if there has been scaffolding somewhere at that resort every time we have stayed at the WL since 2013.

Our last two trips to WL have been during construction (we booked before construction and decided to stay there anyway once they announced it, because we love WL :-) ), including scaffolding.

We are REALLY hoping that our December 2017 trip will NOT involve there being construction OR scaffolding !

SW

Our last two trips to WL have been during construction (we booked before construction and decided to stay there anyway once they announced it, because we love WL :-) ), including scaffolding.

We are REALLY hoping that our December 2017 trip will NOT involve there being construction OR scaffolding !

SW
I keep hearing that they plan to be finished with construction by the opening date of July 17th

The cabins that are located to the right of the villas pool should have very little foot traffic. There isn't any reason for people to over there unless they are staying in a cabin.

Okay, in piecing together all the construction pictures, I thought it looked like when you come from Geyser Point that the walkway would go on both sides of that big wall. One running parallel to the South Wing and one split towards the cabins and then coming in on the other side of the big wall. My bad. Now that it is actually looking like something, I just can't wait to see the finished product.

We are planning on dates 12/2-12/9 and have never had so much difficulty finding rooms for deluxe level, 1 bedroom villa or even standard deluxe room...starting to wonder if I need to find a different week!

I know it's just speculation, but I'm looking for some opinions from you experts while I pass the time.

I'm really, really hoping to rent DVC points for CCV for Presidents weekend in January (Friday-Tuesday) - our dates are firm, its following our disney cruise. Davids DVC lists the cost on it's website but said the earliest I can put in a request will be April 26.

I really hate to wait that long to put in a request, but that is the #1 place we want to stay. I keep thinking I should just put in a request for BRV now, just so I can get something, but I really want to hold out for CCV. I'm already kicking myself for not requesting BRV last month when the price was about $100 cheaper.

I keep going back and forth between 1) wait one more month and hope I can get our #1 request or 2) just put in a request now for BRV so we can be at WL and I won't need to worry about it for another month? WWYD?

Do you think there is any chance that I'll be able to get 4 nights over Presidents weekend at CCV 8 months out?

Thanks!

Just booked a super last minute trip for this weekend, airfare was too good to pass up, so we are coming to WL for two nights! Super excited! Never planned with only two days notice before...

As Parker says on Liv and Maddie "Challenge Accepted". I would love to do this sometime. It also seems like it would be "freeing" since there isn't 6-9 months to overplan, change plans, analyse plans, etc etc. Have a great trip!!!

As Parker says on Liv and Maddie "Challenge Accepted". I would love to do this sometime. It also seems like it would be "freeing" since there isn't 6-9 months to overplan, change plans, analyse plans, etc etc. Have a great trip!!!

Thanks! Can you believe it's STILL hard not to overplan??? I found out sunday is the first day of the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast so I immediately began trying to book that--- and secured an 8am pretty quickly. So many good reservations available it's hard not to cram our 48 hours (well, more like 40 hours) full! THe only clear disadvantage is with FPs, they are pretty crappy choices at this point....

Thanks! Can you believe it's STILL hard not to overplan??? I found out sunday is the first day of the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast so I immediately began trying to book that--- and secured an 8am pretty quickly. So many good reservations available it's hard not to cram our 48 hours (well, more like 40 hours) full! THe only clear disadvantage is with FPs, they are pretty crappy choices at this point....

Often times those fast passes improve dramatically about 24 hours out. And day of you can usually snag some nice ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter