Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned from our WL visit on Monday.
Not much work going on for most of our stay but this was our view. Pretty irritated that I paid rack rates for this but not really anything to be done. I did call and request a room on the other side but apparently so did everyone else.

What view catagory did you pay for?

If I paid for courtyard and got that, I would be asking to be moved or refunded. But for Woods view its maybe OK.

Thanks for letting us know how how nice your trip was. :) We will be at WL next month, our first time at club level, and can't wait. I hope the good weather holds out. We have had some very cold January trips.

You will LOVE CL! Now it's hard for us to back to "just" woods rooms! Of course any room at WL is wonderful but that cobbler us hard to beat! Enjoy your visit.

You will LOVE CL! Now it's hard for us to back to "just" woods rooms! Of course any room at WL is wonderful but that cobbler us hard to beat! Enjoy your visit.
Thanks. I figured that we would love club level and want to repeat the experience, so I booked another club level stay in February. :goodvibes

I hope your Dad perks up and starts to eat again. It would be tough to have to worry about him while you are on vacation.

Thanks for posting the picture. It that where the Hidden Springs pool used to be, or is it just a cleared out area? We'll be there in a month and I can't wait to see what it looks like. Hopefully, we don't get a view like you had. :(
That area is where the villas pool was, yes.

Well,we are at the Radisson, across from DTD. We check into WL CL in the morning. It will be our third year in a row and can't wait. We just got back from dinner at Raglan Road. Hardly any traffic at 5,but when we left,at 8, the area was crazy with traffic. We re- upped our TIW card and officially signed in for our AP's. Boy, did the TIW go up in price or what? Last year it was $100. This year $150- with an AP discount!!!!!! Dropping a lot of money and we're not even checked in yet- it's the Disney way- take it or leave it. It's interesting to watch the changes from one year to the next at DTD. No bridge last year,beautiful bridge this year. I even got a video of the Amphibicar launching into the water. Well, not so much launching as driving into it. When I Was young,I thought they were the coolest things, but they never seemed to catch on. They are both adorable and beautiful cars in person. I still want one........
And just a by the way- I got my Dad to eat half a banana,half a bag of small fries and 4 bites of a Mickey D's double cheeseburger. He's extremely thin,but he promised me he would eat more when I told him how upset he was making me. So I'll start my week at WL tomorrow feeling better that my Dad is hanging in there( the nurses at his facility got kinda angry that I snuck in fast food,but at least I know he can eat if he really wants to).
Tomorrow WL- yippeeeee

Last edited:
Thanks. I figured that we would love club level and want to repeat the experience, so I booked another club level stay in February. :goodvibes

Sounds like a good plan! We will be staying at the Polynesian 2/3-2/8 really wanted to stay WL CL but got a really good "Magical Deal"! Planing to return to WL in August.

Sounds like a good plan! We will be staying at the Polynesian 2/3-2/8 really wanted to stay WL CL but got a really good "Magical Deal"! Planing to return to WL in August.
You are right in between our two WL trips. I hope you have a nice stay at the Poly. It is hard to turn down a good deal. ;)

I check in tomorrow for my fifth stay since 1994. I can't wait. Can anyone tell me if the resort monorail runs normally in the afternoon?

Well, we at the end of day two. In the morning,it's almost midnight now, I'm going to go over to the trip report area and start writing up a report. Will probably call it - From The Tropics To The Wilderness.
But before I turn in for the night,just wanted to let you know that the rumor mill is at a fast and furious pace here.
Apparently,the South wing is shut down, at least on CL, taken out of inventory,in preparation for a renovation and redesign of the area from the OFC to the entire South Wing hallway. None of the CM's have any idea when the Reno will start or even how it will affect their job/ hours,etc. They have no idea what the new design will look like or how long it will take to complete. They are totally in the dark and the only " info" they're getting is by rumor.
Although we were initially told ( at 9am),our favorite room would be made ready for us , and we would get a text,by 3pm,no text came,so we came back from the MK to check things out. We were told by a different CM that our room was ready and proceeded to take us in the opposite direction. Wait a second, we're not headed towards the room we expected to get! So we went back to the desk and the CM called somewhere,don't know who or where, to find out if there were problems with that room,so we were switched. That's when she learned that all the rooms in that hallway were taken out of inventory. So the morning CM had no idea the rooms were no longer available and the afternoon CM was just finding out. Bad bad Mouse for not keeping the CM's informed. They're on the front lines and need to be the first ones to know what's going on. This had to be something that was just very recently decided,as it would be hard to believe that the CM's would not have noticed no one being placed in that hallway after a few days...
For us,they were EXTREMELY accommodating and placed us in the comparable / sort of mirror image room on the other side. So we're not complaining at all. We're fine with our room. Perhaps we showed up during that grey area time,when the powers that be made some decisions and hadn't started the flow of info yet.
So,just giving ya all a heads up,in case any other info starts trickling in.

Last edited:
I check in tomorrow for my fifth stay since 1994. I can't wait. Can anyone tell me if the resort monorail runs normally in the afternoon?
We are at CR. The monorail has had intermittent delays this evening but not sure if due to crowds or something else.

Well, we at the end of day two. In the morning,it's almost midnight now, I'm going to go over to the trip report area and start writing up a report. Will probably call it - From The Tropics To The Wilderness.
But before I turn in for the night,just wanted to let you know that the rumor mill is at a fast and furious pace here.
Apparently,the South wing is shut down, at least on CL, taken out of inventory,in preparation for a renovation and redesign of the area from the OFC to the entire South Wing hallway. None of the CM's have any idea when the Reno will start or even how it will affect their job/ hours,etc. They have no idea what the new design will look like or how long it will take to complete. They are totally in the dark and the only " info" they're getting is by rumor.
Although we were initially told ( at 9am),our favorite room would be made ready for us , and we would get a text,by 3pm,no text came,so we came back from the MK to check things out. We were told by a different CM that our room was ready and proceeded to take us in the opposite direction. Wait a second, we're not headed towards the room we expected to get! So we went back to the desk and the CM called somewhere,don't know who or where, to find out if there were problems with that room,so we were switched. That's when she learned that all the rooms in that hallway were taken out of inventory. So the morning CM had no idea the rooms were no longer available and the afternoon CM was just finding out. Bad bad Mouse for not keeping the CM's informed. They're on the front lines and need to be the first ones to know what's going on. This had to be something that was just very recently decided,as it would be hard to believe that the CM's would not have noticed no one being placed in that hallway after a few days...
For us,they were EXTREMELY accommodating and placed us in the comparable / sort of mirror image room on the other side. So we're not complaining at all. We're fine with our room. Perhaps we showed up during that grey area time,when the powers that be made some decisions and hadn't started the flow of info yet.
So,just giving ya all a heads up,in case any other info starts trickling in.

That's very strange. :confused3 I was under the impression further construction was only on the Villa's area. Did the inventory taken out include only 1 or 2 floors or all floors? :tink:

Apparently,the South wing is shut down, at least on CL, taken out of inventory,in preparation for a renovation and redesign of the area from the OFC to the entire South Wing hallway.

Thanks for the great information. It seems like they are finally gearing up for the construction they have been planning, whatever that may be. I've heard that they plan to turn some of the regular guest rooms into DVC units, like they did at AKL, so that might be what they are finally starting to work on. It would be interesting to find out exactly what would be involved with the shut down. Actually, shutting down a whole wing rather than a floor at a time would be expensive but it would have the least impact on the guests.

I'm not surprised that the CMs don't have the information that they should have. Guests often know more than they do. ;)

Okay- heard that construction should be starting around January. But if anyone knows more,they're not saying yet.
It does look as if most of the south wing is still open,as I saw people leaving from there this morning. So it looks like just a few rooms are out of inventory,as the hallway doesn't seem to be that populated. Looks like they are winding down in preparation for shutting down.
I would love to see a lounge area like floors 6,5 and 4 have. It's somewhat strange that the Club Floor doesn't have at least one comfortable area for relaxing.
Hopefully as more members of these boards arrive during December,there will be more info flowing our way.
By the way,as we were moseying through Adventureland today,we saw that Skippers Canteen officially opened today. No ADR's this week,just walk ups.we spoke to two ex Jungle Cruise captains who now work there. There were fun to talk to,so it should be a nice new place to eat. We're canceling our BOG lunch for tomorrow so we can try Skippers. They open at 11 for lunch and it didn't look crowded, because I think the opening took everyone by surprise,as they weren't letting anyone know exactly when it was happening.

heard that construction should be starting around January. But if anyone knows more,they're not saying yet.
We'll be arriving on January 9th, so I'll be sure to report what I see and hear. :)

By the way,as we were moseying through Adventureland today,we saw that Skippers Canteen officially opened today. No ADR's this week,just walk ups.we spoke to two ex Jungle Cruise captains who now work there. There were fun to talk to,so it should be a nice new place to eat. We're canceling our BOG lunch for tomorrow so we can try Skippers. They open at 11 for lunch and it didn't look crowded, because I think the opening took everyone by surprise,as they weren't letting anyone know exactly when it was happening.
You'll have to let us know how the Skipper's Canteen was. We are hoping we can eat there in January or February.

Can anyone tell me more about the check-in process at the villas? I booked a room at them for Feb. 23-27th because 1. they had availability and 2. were much cheaper than the regular rooms, but I should be arriving around noon that day, and I'm wondering what to do because of the 'check in at 4' thing. This is my first time booking a non-regular room, so I'm a bit lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter