Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Yes. Others pop by the food court area then eat breakfast waiting in line for transportation to start. Eating on transportation isn't allowed but it's rare for any form of transportation to be running at 7AM. At that time guests are in line securing their places.
Hmmm...in our experience transportation both busing and skylinee, running at 7am is pretty common. In fact the skyliner started at 7am every day during our most recent trip at Pop this past Feb. Buses also were starting that early. And that's not. counting for the time that ppl. started lining up for those modes of transportation.

If you're wanting to rope drop, it's best to not try to make any stop at the food court when it doesn't open til 7.

So I called last week to see if our upcoming trip in October was eligible for the discount they are running. It was but the only option was to downgrade to a standard room from the preferred we have. We decided to wait and keep trying, so I called today and a preferred opened up so I was able to keep our same room selection and save $128! Glad I didn’t take the downgrade last week now.

So I called last week to see if our upcoming trip in October was eligible for the discount they are running. It was but the only option was to downgrade to a standard room from the preferred we have. We decided to wait and keep trying, so I called today and a preferred opened up so I was able to keep our same room selection and save $128! Glad I didn’t take the downgrade last week now.
It will depend also on where your room is located. On more than one occasion our standard room was closer than some preferred rooms. You may have specific reasons for choosing preferred but it's not always bad to go with a standard room at pop.

Last trip my brother and SIL were 'upgraded' to preferred and their walk to the elevator was further than our standard room. We were in the same building and on the same floor. They looked over the splash pad and we overlooked the lake. LOL, I much preferred our location.

What's it like to get the resort very late ? I won't be there until around midnight. I put it in my online check-in but not entirely sure. I know some hotels have an 11pm cut-off to check-in.

What's it like to get the resort very late ? I won't be there until around midnight. I put it in my online check-in but not entirely sure. I know some hotels have an 11pm cut-off to check-in.

If you need anything, the front desk is open and staffed 24 hours a day. You don’t need to even go to the desk unless you have a problem. Your room information will be posted in MDE prior to your arrival.

Honestly at midnight there will likely still be a fair number of people milling around the resort. It’s quiet for very few hours.

Hmmm...in our experience transportation both busing and skylinee, running at 7am is pretty common. In fact the skyliner started at 7am every day during our most recent trip at Pop this past Feb. Buses also were starting that early. And that's not. counting for the time that ppl. started lining up for those modes of transportation.

If you're wanting to rope drop, it's best to not try to make any stop at the food court when it doesn't open til 7.

We had the same experience last June. Skyliner was running before 7:00 a.m. every day that we did rope drop or I was awake that early and happened to look out the window (which was 5 or 6 days out of 8). I know it was running by 6:50 a.m. when we walked out of our building on our DHS rope drop day. And we were on a bus by 7:05 on both our MK & AK rope drop days (we were at AoA that trip but I'm guessing it was a similar situation at Pop).

I have had delayed flights and gotten in even later. It’s ok and your room will still be ready. I highly recommend doing online check in so you can go straight to your room. There will be someone at the front desk if you need assistance.

I have had delayed flights and gotten in even later. It’s ok and your room will still be ready. I highly recommend doing online check in so you can go straight to your room. There will be someone at the front desk if you need assistance.

Canadian, we got to go to the front desk. It has been very hit or miss for getting texts and all that stuff.

I am Canadian also. Even without a text or email the information will be updated on you MDE app. Unless you need to pick up MBs at the front desk your existing bands or phone will grant you access to your room.

It has never worked for me. Though on the last trip I did get a few restaurant texts.

It has never worked for me. Though on the last trip I did get a few restaurant texts.
Sorry, what hasn't worked? If your MDE app doesn't work you will struggle as Disney runs so much off of their app. As soon as you hit Disney property you will have Wi-Fi so as long as you link into that your app should update with room information and the ability to open your room using your phone.

I understand we don't receive texts but the app runs on Wi-Fi which Disney provides free of charge at all resorts, parks and even on Disney buses.

Sorry, what hasn't worked? If your MDE app doesn't work you will struggle as Disney runs so much off of their app. As soon as you hit Disney property you will have Wi-Fi so as long as you link into that your app should update with room information and the ability to open your room using your phone.

I understand we don't receive texts but the app runs on Wi-Fi which Disney provides free of charge at all resorts, parks and even on Disney buses.

Never had the go straight to room work. I've even had my room information on the app yet still needed to go to the front desk. Never got to skip that line.

Put down a deposit for after Thanksgiving. Now I just need my boss to approve the PTO. This will be my first stay at Pop or any Value for that matter. I don't really count my AoA stay as a "Value", since it was in a Nemo suite.

Last edited:
Put down a deposit for after Thanksgiving. Now I just need my boss to approve the PTO. This will be my first stay at Pop or any Value for that matter. I don't really count my AoA stay as a "Value", since it was in a Nemo suite.
Exciting! Pop is an amazing resort with great transportation options. Enjoy!!

I understand waiting for your boss to approve, but I have also adopted (a bit) the idea that PTO is "Prepare the others because I won't be here". One of my best friends is getting married at Disney in April (right before my birthday so I get to spend my ACTUAL birthday in the parks this year.) Of course, it is tech week for our last show. But I told my boss "Gotta go. I'll get my grad student to cover for me but I won't be here." And they were very understanding. This is the first time IN MY LIFE I approached it as "I won't be here" rather than "would it be ok if I were gone." It only took my 52 years to understand that it is ok to take time off. I really hope your PTO comes through!!!

I understand waiting for your boss to approve, but I have also adopted (a bit) the idea that PTO is "Prepare the others because I won't be here". One of my best friends is getting married at Disney in April (right before my birthday so I get to spend my ACTUAL birthday in the parks this year.) Of course, it is tech week for our last show. But I told my boss "Gotta go. I'll get my grad student to cover for me but I won't be here." And they were very understanding. This is the first time IN MY LIFE I approached it as "I won't be here" rather than "would it be ok if I were gone." It only took my 52 years to understand that it is ok to take time off. I really hope your PTO comes through!!!

That is lucky you can do that. My job vacation is approved by seniority and workplace needs. If I ever took vacation without approval I would not have a job to come back to. I have had to reschedule many a trip because of it. One reason I cannot do DVC rentals or anything that is non-refundable.

For rope drop (early entry) at HS or EPCOT, I was thinking that it might give us a slight advantage to walk over to Caribbean Beach rather than wait in line for the Skyliner to start running at POP.

Has anyone tried that before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter