Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are still going, how are you planning your ADRs? The way everything is changing, who knows what dining will look like in September.

We talked about just winging it and seeing what's what when we get there. My biggest thing is making sure we don't get stuck eating at Pop's food court for most of the trip cuz everything is closed or we didn't have a plan.
Yep, this September is going to be very different, isn't it?

I'm going to just wing it. I'll see about making a few when my dates open up next week, but I'm resolved that this won't be anything like my last September trips. I figure my 2 Epcot days will be fine because I'll fill up in F&W food.

I'm with ya, the thought of eating too many meals at POP (or AoA if it opens up by Sept) isn't very appealing.

I wonder what Postmates is like at WDW...

Super excited to have been able to switch my reservation from a Disney Springs partner hotel in a few weeks to Pop with an AP discount! We would have enjoyed our visit anyway, but being back at Pop and having the Disney bubble is awesome! The passholder discount is available online at this point for arrivals through 9/30/20 by the way.

Super excited to have been able to switch my reservation from a Disney Springs partner hotel in a few weeks to Pop with an AP discount! We would have enjoyed our visit anyway, but being back at Pop and having the Disney bubble is awesome! The passholder discount is available online at this point for arrivals through 9/30/20 by the way.
So glad that worked out for you! Enjoy your visit!

Our story...
We had a trip planned to Disneyland for July 21 - 26 to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday, which we had to modify to July 24 - 30. Since Disneyland still hasn't received the official ok from California to open up, we will have to change those plans again for a later date.

We were bummed. We really wanted to be at Disney for his birthday and have been planning this since October 2019.

I tossed the idea around about changing our plans. "Well, what if WDW opens up tickets sales for 2020 before we hear anything about DL? Do we alter our plans?" My husband said "Sure, why not."

So when I saw yesterday that WDW was opening up hotel reservations and tickets for 2020, I jumped on it. We are now booked to arrive at Pop Century on July 24, go to Hollywood Studios on the 25th (which is his 40th birthday and he'll have a "May The 40th Be With You" shirt), go to Magic Kingdom on the 26th, and come home on the 27th.

Last edited:
I think one advantage we'll have a Pop is that we'll be on the Skyliner route which opens up more QS options to us than many other resorts. I play on utilizing the Skyliner and checking out QS at Caribbean Beach, Riviera, Beach Club, Boardwalk as well as Art of Animation.
Admittedly, I have not been keeping up well with all the news and changes, but last I heard was that you needed either a TS ADR or a resort reservation at the resort in order to enter a resort for the foreseeable future. I know it wasn't being enforced while the parks were closed, but the thought was that they'd enforce it once the parks re-open for crowd control/social distancing. Have you heard differently?

Anybody know if we will still be able to have Amazon or Garden Grocer deliver to the hotels?

I'm wondering about packages also. I usually have a case of water shipped from Amazon.
This pic was taken from the Disney website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/experience-updates/resorts/)

Personally, it still seems unclear. Are shipping services for both incoming and outgoing shipping? You may wish to call Disney to find out although we can only hope you're given correct information.

Admittedly, I have not been keeping up well with all the news and changes, but last I heard was that you needed either a TS ADR or a resort reservation at the resort in order to enter a resort for the foreseeable future. I know it wasn't being enforced while the parks were closed, but the thought was that they'd enforce it once the parks re-open for crowd control/social distancing. Have you heard differently?

I'll admit I've 'heard' the same thing but haven't found anything in writing. Per the Disney link I quoted above, it doesn't mention Quick Service dining at all. And, for guests staying at a Disney Resort, for table-service dining it is 'highly recommended' they have a reservation.

From what I can see, Quick Service dining at other resorts should be allowed, but I'm fully ready to be wrong about this if someone finds something different in writing or, experiences something different.

This pic was taken from the Disney website (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/experience-updates/resorts/)

View attachment 507758

Personally, it still seems unclear. Are shipping services for both incoming and outgoing shipping? You may wish to call Disney to find out although we can only hope you're given correct information.
I would think that shipping services would mean outgoing and deliveries would mean incoming. I read this to mean that you can have things delivered but not have things shipped home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter