Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer building 10 over 1.

View matters to me simply because we do request and stay ground floor. As @scrappinginontario mentioned, if you stay on floor two or higher, you’re only going to see the railing anyways if you look out the window.
Thanks! Not sure how to tell if these have Standard rooms (although they seem to from touringplans), but can then request 10 first and then 1.

Thanks! Not sure how to tell if these have Standard rooms (although they seem to from touringplans), but can then request 10 first and then 1.
Just a reminder that building requests are just requests and not guarantees. Out of our last 4 trips we have never been issued the building or even the decade we requested. That being said we’ve found a new decade that we enjoy!

Just a reminder that building requests are just requests and not guarantees. Out of our last 4 trips we have never been issued the building or even the decade we requested. That being said we’ve found a new decade that we enjoy!
Yes thanks. Guess a request doesn't hurt but no biggie if they put us somewhere else. I'm sure any location is fine (and just happy to be there!)

Silly question but wondering why the view matters. For us, am thinking we'll barely be in the room...just to change, shower and sleep. I'm trying to figure out best spot based on location (close to dining or bus, not too loud, etc) but can't see us sitting there looking out the window.

Speaking of which...how is building 10 or 1? Seems like a good compromise.

I guess I’m weird because view really matters a lot to me. I do not want to walk out my door and be facing a parking lot. It takes me right out of the “Disney bubble” that I am paying so much to stay in.

One thing I hated about our POR room was having to walk through the parking lot to get to the bus.

I guess I’m weird because view really matters a lot to me. I do not want to walk out my door and be facing a parking lot. It takes me right out of the “Disney bubble” that I am paying so much to stay in.

One thing I hated about our POR room was having to walk through the parking lot to get to the bus.
Not weird at all, and can get what you're saying. It adds to the whole mood or feel of the trip.
For us, we're just coming for a few days and it's after a cruise so will just take the standard room to save what we can (but decided to pay the extra over the All Star) but makes sense .

We are staying at POP in late March 2020. I understand that the Hippy Dippy pool and the pool bar will be closing in January for a while, so I have a question for those of you who know more about these things than me. I know that they can’t give a definitive date for when the refurbishment will be done and when the pool might be open again, but does anyone have any experience as to how long these things usually take and whether there’s a chance it will be open again in late March? I heard through the grapevine that they like to have these things done by March break

We are staying at POP in late March 2020. I understand that the Hippy Dippy pool and the pool bar will be closing in January for a while, so I have a question for those of you who know more about these things than me. I know that they can’t give a definitive date for when the refurbishment will be done and when the pool might be open again, but does anyone have any experience as to how long these things usually take and whether there’s a chance it will be open again in late March? I heard through the grapevine that they like to have these things done by March break
In not sure anyone can truly answer this as we don’t know what the pool and bar refurbishment involves.

Since they started advising guests this refurbishment more than a year in advance, I’ll be shocked if it’s open in March.

Sorry if I should completely clueless (but I am) but I’m confused about the date of this pool refurbishment. You’re saying March 2020 but the website is saying winter 2020???

Booked a room for Pop (way in advance). How do you make room requests? The request in the booking seemed to only be for connecting rooms.

Sorry if I should completely clueless (but I am) but I’m confused about the date of this pool refurbishment. You’re saying March 2020 but the website is saying winter 2020???
Winter 2020 starts this January. Nobody knows for sure how long the refurbishment will take or exactly what they’re doing in the refurbishment. I would imagine there’s a possibility the refurbishment could take longer then 2 or 3 months, depending on what they’re doing. I guess there’s that possibility the pool may not reopen by the beginning of spring.

Winter 2020 starts this January. Nobody knows for sure how long the refurbishment will take or exactly what they’re doing in the refurbishment. I would imagine there’s a possibility the refurbishment could take longer then 2 or 3 months, depending on what they’re doing. I guess there’s that possibility the pool may not reopen by the beginning of spring.
Ah ok....we arrive May 23rd. Surely we are good.

Booked a room for Pop (way in advance). How do you make room requests? The request in the booking seemed to only be for connecting rooms.

I agree, call if you have specific / important requests. But you'll have some options to make basic requests online if/when you do online check in - things like decade, upper floor, etc.

I agree, call if you have specific / important requests. But you'll have some options to make basic requests online if/when you do online check in - things like decade, upper floor, etc.
Perfect thanks. Probably too early to do online check in (although I'm ready to go...lol). But will request either by phone when I need to call in or check in. It's not specific request...just area/building.

Hi there! We have our first stay in POP coming up. I booked a preferred pool view, but now I have a car. Those rooms look far away from the parking lot. Should I try and rebook another area?

Hi there! We have our first stay in POP coming up. I booked a preferred pool view, but now I have a car. Those rooms look far away from the parking lot. Should I try and rebook another area?
They really are not far from the parking lot. If you want a less expensive room then you could rebook but if you're only considering the walk from the car to your room I don't think rebooking is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter