Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be close to both, it's an either or. However, Pop is not that big so it really isn't a concern. Our favorite is 60's Lake View for a Standard room.
Thanks. Good to know. Out of curiosity, where is the bus located and where will the Skyliner stop be?

Skyliner is on the bridge on Hourglass Lake between POP and AoA. Bus is outside ClassicHall (food court)

Is lake view and landscape view the same thing? I booked two preferred rooms and it didn't show show "lake view" as being an option...only landscape view.

Is lake view and landscape view the same thing? I booked two preferred rooms and it didn't show show "lake view" as being an option...only landscape view.
Lake view and landscape are different. The lake view rooms are standard rooms. No preferred rooms are lake view. That’s one of the reasons I prefer standard rooms at Pop.

Lake view and landscape are different. The lake view rooms are standard rooms. No preferred rooms are lake view. That’s one of the reasons I prefer standard rooms at Pop.
So does anyone have any pictures of what I may be looking at with a landscape view. I also requested 60s section.

So does anyone have any pictures of what I may be looking at with a landscape view. I also requested 60s section.
I’ve stayed in preferred rooms in building 5 twice, which is one of the 60’s buildings. I don’t have pictures but you’re generally looking at bushes/trees, other buildings, and maid carts. Lol.

Check out touring plans room views for Pop Century to get an idea.

The thing to keep in mind at Pop is that your ‘view’ is from a motel style room. This being said when you look out your window there is first about 4’ of walkway then metal railings on floors 2, 3 and 4. After that most rooms look out at a lot of vegetation, trees, etc. Also, if you’re in your room and leave the curtains open to enjoy the ‘view’ everyone walking by will also have the option of looking into your room.

If you want a better idea what you will see from your room, I’d look here and look for ‘Try our Exclusive Room Finder’. The pictures are not current but the closest you will get. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/disneys-pop-century-resort

I just want to say I am really looking forward to our stay at POP. We added on another 2 days to the beginning of our SWGE opening day/week visit in the hopes that we will catch a day of the AP previews but even of we dont, I know we will really enjoy our days at this "new to us" resort. Thank you to everyone for your contributions to this thread! I feel a lot better going in with a little knowledge!

Silly question but wondering why the view matters. For us, am thinking we'll barely be in the room...just to change, shower and sleep. I'm trying to figure out best spot based on location (close to dining or bus, not too loud, etc) but can't see us sitting there looking out the window.

Speaking of which...how is building 10 or 1? Seems like a good compromise.

Actually I just read on another thread that the college program kids got their notices on Monday and many are being assigned to the Skyliner.

And I believe that Disney wants the castmembers to use the gondolas for the month of August before letting the general public use it.

I presume the college program kids will be training in various positions.

But things change.

Silly question but wondering why the view matters. For us, am thinking we'll barely be in the room...just to change, shower and sleep. I'm trying to figure out best spot based on location (close to dining or bus, not too loud, etc) but can't see us sitting there looking out the window.

Speaking of which...how is building 10 or 1? Seems like a good compromise.

I prefer building 10 over 1.

View matters to me simply because we do request and stay ground floor. As @scrappinginontario mentioned, if you stay on floor two or higher, you’re only going to see the railing anyways if you look out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter