Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stayed at Pop over 10 times. This trip will be the first time we will have a car with us and do plan to drive to the parks each day. Which is the best building to request when driving? Our old standby request of 60's lake view looks too inconvenient with a car. Thanks for your help!

Sorry I'm late catching up on this thread. Recently back from POP and stayed in the 50's section, building 2, and we were very close to the parking lot. It was perfect for us because we drove.

My sister and I just got back and had a great time!!! Pop Century was a great place to stay, everything went very well. The only complaint was that we had an adjoining room and you could hear everything from the room next door. But it wasn't a huge problem, we brought earplugs!

But boy, the 'lovebugs' were out in full force! If you're going, be prepared for swarms of flying black bugs that look like carpenter ants but are actually mating pairs of fly-like insects. They don't bite or sting, but they're very annoying!! It's their mating season and they are everywhere at the bus stops and the parks. They're attracted to white so you might find them on your shirt if it's white. They also land on your shoes or in your hair.

They were the worst in Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios. We actually had to leave that area because we were getting dive-bombed constantly.

We will be spending our last day at the pool before a 7:00PM flight. Do the bathrooms at the pool have soap/shampoo/towels or do we need to plan ahead for that? We want to take a shower before heading to the airport.
Checked just yesterday and the bathroom by the computer pool only had a generic soap dispenser in the shower. It doesn't even look like the shower gel from the rooms. Hth!

My sister and I just got back and had a great time!!! Pop Century was a great place to stay, everything went very well. The only complaint was that we had an adjoining room and you could hear everything from the room next door. But it wasn't a huge problem, we brought earplugs!

But boy, the 'lovebugs' were out in full force! If you're going, be prepared for swarms of flying black bugs that look like carpenter ants but are actually mating pairs of fly-like insects. They don't bite or sting, but they're very annoying!! It's their mating season and they are everywhere at the bus stops and the parks. They're attracted to white so you might find them on your shirt if it's white. They also land on your shoes or in your hair.

They were the worst in Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios. We actually had to leave that area because we were getting dive-bombed constantly.

The lovebugs have been hit or miss this year. I have literally washed two pair of bugs off my car this season, and I am not seeing more than a couple flying when I drive home from work. I am currently working near Mall at Millenia. But the people who do deliveries for us have been complaining about how bad they are in South Orlando and Kissimmee. I hope they go away soon!

I had a connecting room for the first time since the refurbishment on my last trip, and it was much louder than it used to be. I brought ear plugs and my white noise app.

New to forum and Disney and trying to make a last minute travel plans with my family. Thinking of staying at the POP, can we request Crib?
If we get there around noon, what would be the best way to keep the kids entertained and what can be done for naps, we are traveling with a 5 and 2 year old.

Is there anyone here who has ordered groceries in the past 6 weeks or so and picked them up with luggage services? I thought there was a recent change that said there would be a charge for all deliveries, including groceries.

I often have packages sent to Pop (less often now due to charges) but even when I pick them up at the front desk when I arrive, I am charged $6 per package. I thought there was a recent change that said $6 would also be charged for groceries whether picking up at luggage services or having them delivered to your room. Can anyone clarify this since the recent change?

New to forum and Disney and trying to make a last minute travel plans with my family. Thinking of staying at the POP, can we request Crib?
If we get there around noon, what would be the best way to keep the kids entertained and what can be done for naps, we are traveling with a 5 and 2 year old.
You can request a pack 'n play but it will make the room a bit tighter. It's possible and fits under the window or I believe where the connecting door is but will take up some floor space that there is not a ton of in the pop rooms. Not really sure what to recommend about keeping kids entertained other than pool/playground. Possibly visit Disney Springs but that is pretty much a shopping area. When my daughter was those ages I brought a few things with us that we would use at home to entertain her.

Just booked a pre cruise stay at POP, are the standard rooms located in only one section or are they spread all over the different sections? TIA

They are located throughout the resort. Sections that do not have a coloured line beside them are all standard rooms.

Note: I would not be surprised that we see a change in the current room categories once the Skyliner opens. (Skyliner is currently rumoured to open July 4th!!!)

Oh I hope that rumor is accurate.....we're at PoP the first week in August :D

Doug :goofy:

are all the POP rooms renovated? If we book standard room, can we choose which building etc in our request? which building will be closest to transportation and food court?

Is there anyone here who has ordered groceries in the past 6 weeks or so and picked them up with luggage services? I thought there was a recent change that said there would be a charge for all deliveries, including groceries.

I often have packages sent to Pop (less often now due to charges) but even when I pick them up at the front desk when I arrive, I am charged $6 per package. I thought there was a recent change that said $6 would also be charged for groceries whether picking up at luggage services or having them delivered to your room. Can anyone clarify this since the recent change?

We were at POP last week and did an order through Garden Grocer. As soon as we got to our room, I called bell services and asked them to deliver our groceries. They stated there would be a $6 charge, which was fine by us. 2 hours later we still had no groceries so hubby ran down to get the order himself and he was not charged.

We were at POP last week and did an order through Garden Grocer. As soon as we got to our room, I called bell services and asked them to deliver our groceries. They stated there would be a $6 charge, which was fine by us. 2 hours later we still had no groceries so hubby ran down to get the order himself and he was not charged.

I know Bell Services are busy and overworked... But if they start charging for deliveries to the room they better not make me wait 2-3 hours to get it. :mad:

Have they finished the remodel of the luggage room? Last summer when we were there it was such a mess. I felt so sorry for the employees trying to work in there. They just couldn’t keep up. At most I will only have them watch our carryons if our room isn’t ready but last summer our stuff was still sitting outside where they had me put my it when we returned to the resort to pick it up a number of hours later. I didn’t have anything valuable but it was unnerving. I just walked up and took my stuff because literally no employees were around (all busy working). Anyone could have taken anything.

I know Bell Services are busy and overworked... But if they start charging for deliveries to the room they better not make me wait 2-3 hours to get it. :mad:

I’m hoping it was just an off-day for the resort as we also had a heck of a time with our luggage service. Other than that, the rest of our trip was fabulous.

Good to know! Thank you!

1. Yes

2. Here is a map. https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-pop-century-resort?trip_id=534336

You can request the building you like and they will certainly do what they can to honor that request.
You may make a request and they will do their best to fulfill it but there is no guarantee. Pop is running at near capacity since the renovations this it is harder to fulfill requests. I have asked for the 60’s section our past 4 trips and was placed elsewhere all 4 times. 3 times in 70’s (great location!!) and once in 80’s which did not work well for us.

Have they finished the remodel of the luggage room? Last summer when we were there it was such a mess. I felt so sorry for the employees trying to work in there. They just couldn’t keep up. At most I will only have them watch our carryons if our room isn’t ready but last summer our stuff was still sitting outside where they had me put my it when we returned to the resort to pick it up a number of hours later. I didn’t have anything valuable but it was unnerving. I just walked up and took my stuff because literally no employees were around (all busy working). Anyone could have taken anything.

I’m hoping it was just an off-day for the resort as we also had a heck of a time with our luggage service. Other than that, the rest of our trip was fabulous.
The luggage area is still under renovation so some of the luggage is being stored offsite until rooms are ready. While the staff are working hard, it’s wuite the challenge for them to keep up with things right now. I Have also noticed that the large number of guests ordering groceries is further complicating matters.

It appears that the luggage services area could use a review and possibly be split into luggage alone and then separate staff for groceries, strollers, scooters, etc.

I will agree that my experience in recent trips is that luggage challenges are frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter