Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there last week also and while we saw them they were zero problem.

Just a heads up that I ordered the exact pillow from sobelwestex that is in the rooms (right down to the item number that is printed on the tag.) While the pillow is okay, it is NOTHING like the ones at Pop. Different filling and extremely puffy. It took me 2 weeks of using it to even be able to use it for an entire night without having to switch it out. While I now use that pillow nightly, we have been back to Pop 3 times and each time I realize how different mine is from the ones at Pop. Also, I read the reviews on the Sobel website and I’m not the only one who found this to be the case.

While I LOVE the pillows from Pop, be prepared for something very different if you order the ‘identical’ pillow from sobelwestex. Could not be further apart!

Last summer mine was so puffy my chin was on my chest when using it. It was ok but definitely too puffy for stomach sleeping for me. I wonder if mine were new and they flatten with time

Just got back from a stay at POP. I grew up mostly stay at the All Stars. As an adult, I’ve gotten to experience Contemporary (paid for by a conference, otherwise likely wouldn’t spend that much) and Coronado Springs (got a good deal).

Overall, we really liked POP. I was a little nervous, as we were arriving the first cheer weekend. To be honest, there was only one group there with disrespectful members (teens bragging about smoking) the night we arrived, but this seemed to disappear after that. Also, I find you can have bad groups anywhere, so it wouldn’t sway my vote.

Rooms are great! Love the bathrooms. We had two rooms, one with a tub and one without. We were in the 50s by the lake. It was very quiet but still really close to the main building.

Compared to Coronado, I like that it was more compact. It was nice to only have one bus stop (instead of 6, or however many it was at Coronado). My girls definitely noticed that the pool was “missing” a slide, so that was a down, although the pools were good. As a vegetarian, I wasn’t that pleased with the quick service options, and I liked the Coronado had more (and a table service if we wanted it).

Overall, I would definitely stay there again. Then again, having started a trend of trying a new hotel each stay, I kind of want to see what the others are like (tempted to do Port Orleans next trip).

Thanks for all the valuable feedback on these forums!

We returned from POP yesterday and had a fabulous trip!
The resort is so colourful and fun.

We requested pool view and were in the 60’s section, bldg 5, 2nd floor over looking Hippy Dippy. I loved being so close to Classic Hall and just steps away from the pool! It could get rather loud in the evenings, but honestly we were all so tired, it didn’t keep is from falling asleep.

Enjoyed Banana Cabanas at Petals Bar.

Loved the pizza for lunch and my kids thought the ice cream counter was amazing. I tired the pineapple float. Yay for snack credits!

We had pretty good luck with bus transportation. On busier days there always seemed to be another bus not far behind.

Rooms were great. Very clean. TONS of storage. Nice showers. Loved the Murphy bed and my kids ate breakfast at the table each day. We did a little Garden Grocer order of cereal, milk, water, beer, and a few snacks. Would highly recommend.

Lovebugs.....we wondered what those were!! Now we know :)

My only real complaint was luggage service. We arrived at 10am and room was not ready until 3pm, which was fine and expected. However we waited another 2 hours for our luggage to arrive to our room. We called bell services several times and even offered to get it ourselves, but they said it was ‘on its way’. So that was a bit painful as we wanted to change for dinner etc. Next time (hopefully there is a next time!!) I will ask them to hold our luggage and we will bring it up ourselves, if there is a way to do that.

Anyway, overall we had an amazing week. I’m still dreaming of it all!

We will be spending our last day at the pool before a 7:00PM flight. Do the bathrooms at the pool have soap/shampoo/towels or do we need to plan ahead for that? We want to take a shower before heading to the airport.

Back to Pop on Sunday! You can bet the Skyliner will probably open the day after I leave. (you're welcome.)
We arrive at Pop the same day! I'm not looking forward to seeing the skyliner being so close to done yet not getting to ride it myself!

We arrive at Pop the same day! I'm not looking forward to seeing the skyliner being so close to done yet not getting to ride it myself!

I feel that! It's been fun to watch it time lapse from construction walls to half-built station to whatever it currently is...

We will be spending our last day at the pool before a 7:00PM flight. Do the bathrooms at the pool have soap/shampoo/towels or do we need to plan ahead for that? We want to take a shower before heading to the airport.
IIRC,the POP Pool showers do have Soap/Shampoo dispensers.

Not sure about towels,but you can grab some towels at the Pool.

And if I am wrong about the dispensers,just go to the Front Desk and I bet they could hook you up with some soap and shampoo.:)

Is there a thread where I can post that I have almost a case of waters I’m happy to leave for someone? I feel like there used to be but I’m on my phone so limited searching. We check out of POP tomorrow 5/8.

Is there a thread where I can post that I have almost a case of waters I’m happy to leave for someone? I feel like there used to be but I’m on my phone so limited searching. We check out of POP tomorrow 5/8.
This seems like the place people leave messages like that. Hope you've enjoyed your trip!

I wanted to post a quick note for those who might be interested in how bus stops work now that there are direct buses to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach from Pop.

Typhoon Lagoon shares the Disney Springs bus stop and Blizzard Beach shares the Animal Kingdom bus stop.

Guests going to Disney Springs or Animal Kingdom enter their queues as normal. Guests going to the water park line up behind the sign, heading back towards the benches but not within the ropes.

This picture is the Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach bus stop. A bus had just left with Animal Kingdom guests which left the queue empty and it was easy to see how the Blizzard Beach guests were lined up. It seemed to work very well!

Bus Loading for Water Parks 2019.jpg

I wanted to post a quick note for those who might be interested in how bus stops work now that there are direct buses to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach from Pop.

Typhoon Lagoon shares the Disney Springs bus stop and Blizzard Beach shares the Animal Kingdom bus stop.

Guests going to Disney Springs or Animal Kingdom enter their queues as normal. Guests going to the water park line up behind the sign, heading back towards the benches but not within the ropes.

This picture is the Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach bus stop. A bus had just left with Animal Kingdom guests which left the queue empty and it was easy to see how the Blizzard Beach guests were lined up. It seemed to work very well!

View attachment 399325

When we were going to Blizzard Beach last Wednesday, we thought it was just one queue and that the bus made two stops. Whoops! Thanks for posting as this is great info for others.

When we were going to Blizzard Beach last Wednesday, we thought it was just one queue and that the bus made two stops. Whoops! Thanks for posting as this is great info for others.
Oops! Sorry that happened. I’ll admit that I had no idea how it worked either. I just happened to notice the AK bus leave then the BB bus pull up and the people board. It’s not very clear when you’re there. Hope you were able too get to BB from AK.

Oops! Sorry that happened. I’ll admit that I had no idea how it worked either. I just happened to notice the AK bus leave then the BB bus pull up and the people board. It’s not very clear when you’re there. Hope you were able too get to BB from AK.

We took the bus from AK to AK Lodge and then grabbed the next bus to BB. We lost a bit of time, but we just considered it to be a little side adventure :).

My only real complaint was luggage service. We arrived at 10am and room was not ready until 3pm, which was fine and expected. However we waited another 2 hours for our luggage to arrive to our room. We called bell services several times and even offered to get it ourselves, but they said it was ‘on its way’. So that was a bit painful as we wanted to change for dinner etc. Next time (hopefully there is a next time!!) I will ask them to hold our luggage and we will bring it up ourselves, if there is a way to do that.

If you want to make sure you have your luggage, you can just not put the luggage tags on, then pick it up yourself from baggage claim. They will put it under the same bus that you are on, and you retrieve it when you get to the resort! If your room isn't ready you could then leave it with the luggage service (not sure what it's officially called) and either have them deliver it (for a fee) or pick it up! A little more work but sometimes worth it to have your bags when you want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter