Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t been to Disney (and Pop) in five years. Sounds like all the rooms have been refurbished, and now have a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed. I’ve searched back 20+ pages on this thread but can’t find updated pictures/info. We have always brought an inflatable twin mattress because double beds are tight. Now that our kids are grown up size (and that Murphy bed looks suspiciously skinny) I’d like to do the same, but there’s a dresser where we used to put it, along the wall by the foot of the beds. Can someone tell me if the dresser is moveable or if the mattress would fit closer to the door? No reason to haul mattress and bedding down there if it won’t fit anywhere. Thanks!

As scrappinginontatrio noted, you can fit a single air mattress in the room but no one will be able to go in and out of the room when the mattress is on the floor as it will be right up against the door *and* it's a tight fight in general. I just wanted to mention that the murphy bed is definitely a queen size mattress. Numerous people have measured it. It's the exact same mattress that is on the platform right next to it. So if your kids are willing to share a queen-size bed, you won't have a problem. Also, you don't need to drag bedding for an air mattress with you if you don't want to. We use an air mattress when we stay at AoA and we always just call mousekeeping and ask for extra sheets, blankets, and pillows and they bring them to the room.

As scrappinginontatrio noted, you can fit a single air mattress in the room but no one will be able to go in and out of the room when the mattress is on the floor as it will be right up against the door *and* it's a tight fight in general. I just wanted to mention that the murphy bed is definitely a queen size mattress. Numerous people have measured it. It's the exact same mattress that is on the platform right next to it. So if your kids are willing to share a queen-size bed, you won't have a problem. Also, you don't need to drag bedding for an air mattress with you if you don't want to. We use an air mattress when we stay at AoA and we always just call mousekeeping and ask for extra sheets, blankets, and pillows and they bring them to the room.
Thank you! Does anyone know if the dresser is moveable?

Thank you! Does anyone know if the dresser is moveable?

I've read either here or on FB group that the dresser is not movable. Someone wanted to slide it down to make room for an air mattress, but it wasn't possible. It's attached to either the floor or the wall...I can't remember which one they said.

I’m taking my first solo trip at the beginning of August thanks to the Chase free dining promo and am staying at Pop as it will be a shorter, more park centric trip. This is my first time in a value so the room categories/building numbers are kind of making my head spin! I booked preferred to be closer to the lobby/food court but is there a best building or section to request? Ideally trying for a quieter location. Also how long does it take to walk to AoA?

A really random question, apologies.

Has anyone had any issues at Pop with noise from the power washing? Weird I know but we stayed there for the night on the 17th of April and did emh at MK till 2am. We were awoken the next morning by them power washing the path outside our room at 8.45am followed by the staircase at the side of our room (we were corner room, top floor). I know it doesn't seem that early but it felt after our late night and we had a 9hour flight home that day. I complained at the time and got a sort of apology. I really liked the resort and would like to book a longer stay but is this common? We've only really stayed at Delux resorts recently and AOA where we had no issues.

Has anyone had any issues at Pop with noise from the power washing? Weird I know but we stayed there for the night on the 17th of April and did emh at MK till 2am. We were awoken the next morning by them power washing the path outside our room at 8.45am followed by the staircase at the side of our room (we were corner room, top floor). I know it doesn't seem that early but it felt after our late night and we had a 9hour flight home that day. I complained at the time and got a sort of apology. I really liked the resort and would like to book a longer stay but is this common? We've only really stayed at Delux resorts recently and AOA where we had no issues.

We've heard the early morning power washing at POR, Beach Club and Boardwalk. They start at 8:00AM so it's the luck of the draw whether your room is near where they start.

We've heard the early morning power washing at POR, Beach Club and Boardwalk. They start at 8:00AM so it's the luck of the draw whether your room is near where they start.

I suppose I thought they would start with public areas rather than right outside your door, they were power washing the public areas when we checked out.

When I was there last summer they power washed the whole pool area first - I usually saw that maybe 6:30-7ish when I went to the food court to get my coffee while the teen got ready. I never had it outside my door while I was in my room but also don’t think they did the area outside my door. There were a bunch of worms that came up to the sidewalk to die and they were there the whole time - unless it was different worms every day - which could be the case.

Has anyone used the luggage transfer at Pop before? We booked our resort stay at Beach Club but flights ended up being better to leave the day before late. We figured we would come in late, stay at Pop and transfer luggage in the morning to Beach as we head out to the parks. Just wondering if anyone has used this service here before.

I booked preferred to be closer to the lobby/food court but is there a best building or section to request? Ideally trying for a quieter location. Also how long does it take to walk to AoA?
There isn't really a best building or section to request. 5 or 6 is close to the Classic Hall and AoA - about a five minute walk. 10 and 1 are closest to Classic Hall but adds another 3 or 4 minutes to the walk tome to AoA. You won't be more than a 6 to 8 minute walk to AoA from any of the preferred rooms.

Has anyone used the luggage transfer at Pop before? We booked our resort stay at Beach Club but flights ended up being better to leave the day before late. We figured we would come in late, stay at Pop and transfer luggage in the morning to Beach as we head out to the parks. Just wondering if anyone has used this service here before.

That's exactly what we did our last trip. Flight arrived 8pm or so and we had bell services hold it for the night. Then the next day we went to bell services and askes them to transfer them to Boardwalk. Pop had no problem doing this, but Boardwalk bell services didn't seem pleased when they had to search for our luggage. The whole process made me nervous but it worked. I think another thing that peeved the Boardwalk bell services guy was also our 1 week worth of groceries that was delivered the same day!

Yep! At Pop, and most recently at Port Orleans French Quarter. Every. Morning. Very loud, lol. On the bright side, everything looks nice and pristine each day. :)

We haven’t been to Disney (and Pop) in five years. Sounds like all the rooms have been refurbished, and now have a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed. I’ve searched back 20+ pages on this thread but can’t find updated pictures/info. We have always brought an inflatable twin mattress because double beds are tight. Now that our kids are grown up size (and that Murphy bed looks suspiciously skinny) I’d like to do the same, but there’s a dresser where we used to put it, along the wall by the foot of the beds. Can someone tell me if the dresser is moveable or if the mattress would fit closer to the door? No reason to haul mattress and bedding down there if it won’t fit anywhere. Thanks!

The murphy bed is a queen size. My son is 6'3" 240 lbs (high school linebacker) and he fit in the bed comfortably no issues.

Yep! At Pop, and most recently at Port Orleans French Quarter. Every. Morning. Very loud, lol. On the bright side, everything looks nice and pristine each day. :)

Thanks. We are staying at port Orleans French quarter for 15 nights in the summer. Better prepare myself. Just as well I’ve decided against booking after hours.

I’m taking my first solo trip at the beginning of August thanks to the Chase free dining promo and am staying at Pop as it will be a shorter, more park centric trip. This is my first time in a value so the room categories/building numbers are kind of making my head spin! I booked preferred to be closer to the lobby/food court but is there a best building or section to request? Ideally trying for a quieter location. Also how long does it take to walk to AoA?

Just a heads up that some preferred rooms are actually further away then some standard rooms. We stayed in room 4461 a couple weeks ago, it was in building 4 in the 60’s but the furthest away. The back corner facing the splash pad. I’ve stayed in rooms in building 3, 50’s that were a lot closer.

Same here! My kids have grown up and can't fit in the old beds anymore, but luckily Disney updated the beds and now they fit great on the murphy thing! I also used to bring a twin mattress, but I don't anymore because the beds are sufficient. My kids don't like sharing a bed, they prefer their own, but they don't have a choice. There is no way for me to fit in any mattress now because I also have a big stroller which I park by the door.

If your kids refuse to sleep in the same bed, then a mattress can fit by the door from what I remember. It'd be very tight, though. I like the new rooms in some ways and the old rooms in some ways, but either way I have to accept the new because the old is going away. Disney is going in the direction of queen beds for the value resorts. All Stars are also renovating now. In a few years the only hotel with the old small beds will be the Pirate rooms in CBR. My kids used to love those rooms but now we can't stay in there because the beds are too small. Hopefully those will also be upgraded some time also.

Just a heads up that some preferred rooms are actually further away then some standard rooms. We stayed in room 4461 a couple weeks ago, it was in building 4 in the 60’s but the furthest away. The back corner facing the splash pad. I’ve stayed in rooms in building 3, 50’s that were a lot closer.
That's possible for some rooms, but without booking preferred there's no telling you won't be stuck in the farther building in the 90s, which is a lot farther. That happened to us last summer. My kids were upset because they were used to the 60s. Though that's still nothing to the time we were in a standard room in All Stars Music. Wow, that was very far, and we weren't even one of the farthest!

For quiet, ask for a higher floor. It takes a couple of minutes to walk to AofA, the hotels are right next to each other connected by a bridge. It's not like Port Orleans where there was quite a walk (5 minutes) to get from one hotel the next. You just have to cross the short bridge. 60s is the closest. But most buildings are very close! Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter