Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus stop location has nothing to do with cost of stay.

It does most of the time from what I observe. The Deluxe hotels almost always has bus stops closest to the entrance than the moderate and values. Pop is often the farthest, and so were the All Stars when I stayed there years ago.

But there are exceptions to the rule. For example, ever since the AK parking lot got renovated, Pop and AofA are the closest bus stops. I went to All Stars from MK a couple of years ago and the stop seemed quit close. But at DS, Epcot, DHS and MK, Pop has always been one of the farthest. In fact, I remember once we went to DHS in the morning when I first started going to WDW some years back. The driver said to us, remember, on your way home, your bus stop is number 1! You are number 1! So I was rather impressed that a value resort is considered number 1 until I looked for the bus stop later that day. Turns out, the numbering system started counting from the farthest end, so number 1 means we had the longest walk to get there.

Even then, however, for years afterwards I always secretly felt proud that we were number 1!

It's only fair generally to have the more expensive hotels closer to the entrance as a "perk" for paying megabucks to stay there. I mean somebody has to be closest. So I don't understand why the Pop stop is ahead of CBR and AofA at MK. That would irritate me if I were staying there. Well, sucks for them.

Keep in mind that Minnie Van service is the most expensive rideshare and that can add up quickly. Minnie Van is the only one that drops off directly at MK, but others can drop you off at the Contemporary and it’s a quick walk over.

I’m not sure I’ve ever waited 30 minutes for a bus with any regularity.

Walking over to Contemp is a real pain. I've done it, I'll never do it again. It looks far away, and the uber took forever to wind its way in the busy traffic out of the Contemp, pass the buses, get through the Poly and GF and finally got on the road.

The wait is 30 minutes to an hour and the crowd is huge only after the fireworks. So it's worth it to get the Minnievan for just that one time unless you are watching fireworks every night. There is another trick, however: you can take your time about coming back after the fireworks, enjoy the park at night for an extra hour, and let the crowd disperse a bit before heading back. I can't do that nowadays because of kids having to go to bed. Otherwise it would be an excellent way to beat the crowds. Same thing with getting to the park extra early, if you go on the first bus heading out. There's no crowd that way and no wasting money on Minnievans or lyft.

Walking over to Contemp is a real pain. I've done it, I'll never do it again. It looks far away, and the uber took forever to wind its way in the busy traffic out of the Contemp, pass the buses, get through the Poly and GF and finally got on the road.

I'm sorry you didn't like the walk to the Contemporary! We love it! Maybe ten minutes if you're a slow walker--if you book it, it's easy to cut it to 5-7. It's a nice break from the crowds, too! We used this trick for lyft more than a few times our past trip and it worked great. ALSO, you can walk to the Contemporary and grab a cocktail/mocktail/etc while you wait for crowds to die down if you are really worried about traffic.

I'm sorry you didn't like the walk to the Contemporary! We love it! Maybe ten minutes if you're a slow walker--if you book it, it's easy to cut it to 5-7. It's a nice break from the crowds, too! We used this trick for lyft more than a few times our past trip and it worked great. ALSO, you can walk to the Contemporary and grab a cocktail/mocktail/etc while you wait for crowds to die down if you are really worried about traffic.

That's always been our experience as well. Ten minutes door to door, pushing a stroller, with 2 other kids in tow. Never a backup at security either, we breeze right into the park.

Saved $27 off my group rate for the Dis/Dreams even in Aug with the AP rate and now I'll be able to get $40 for my 5 night stay for declining HK so it's really a $67 savings unless they change the HK thing before I go.

I was checking for my birthday trip in July with the new rates and Music was what my post-exercise brain thought was lower than my rate at Pop. Thankfully my TA was looking out for me because when I emailed her about changing she was like "I can if you really want me to, but Pop is only about $46 more than that, and it is a LOT nicer since the renovations!" And then within like 2 minutes she emailed and said "Make that only about $26 more with the passholder rate."

I thanked her for saving me from myself and said "Please keep me where I am!"

(And yeah - no housekeeping will give me a $20 gift card. Not huge, but I'll basically look at that as my refillable mug is covered.)

Can you buy things like milk at the Pop store? Is it like a convenience store or is it more like a souvenir shop?

Can you buy things like milk at the Pop store? Is it like a convenience store or is it more like a souvenir shop?

The milk is actually in the food court which is connected to the store (I am pretty sure it isn’t in the store) . They have up to half gallons I think. We usually buy a quart or half gallon. They also have packages of 8 12 Oz bottles of water (and sometimes bigger packages of it) and other basic products.

We have an 8AM ADR at 1900 Park Fare at GF next Wed. We are going to take a Lyft or Minnie Van. It’ll be my first time using a rideshare at Disney. What time should I request it, and how long will it take to get there? Also, does anyone know the approx cost of the Minnie Van? The Lyft app won’t let me estimate the Minnie Van cost. I know it’ll be a lot more than a regular Lyft but will probably do it as a special treat! Thanks for any help!

Has anyone stayed at POP for the May Cheer Summit competitions? Is it even possible to get on a bus to ESPN? I got a great rate and love the idea of not having to uber to ESPN, but wondering if we can even take advantage of the bus to ESPN and the parks.

Did you book through the Varsity package or on your own? If you booked through Varisty, there are buses specifically for athletes and parents who bought the packages. If not, you will need to Uber/Lyft/car pool. There are not buses that regularly run between the resorts and ESPN.

preferred pool view is a preferred room that also faces the pool. It's worth it if you have kids swimming and you want to be able to look them from outside your door. Otherwise I see no benefit because they are more noisy. The 60s (buildings 4 and 5, strange naming system) is the closest as a building, but many rooms in 70s and 50s are closer than certain rooms in 60s, so they are also called "preferred." If you book a preferred room, you are very close to everything, including the Skyliner. You don't need to think about the building. You only need to think about which floor you want to be on.

This. We usually stay in 50's standard however our trip this month I booked preferred because that was all that was left for th AP room discount and we were in room 4461, which was the very corner room facing the splash pad at the back of building 4. There are closer standard rooms in the 50's then the preferred we stayed in. I am booked for standard pool view for september under the sun and fun deal since that was all that was left, I'm hoping they release AP room discount past Aug 28th but not expecting them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter