Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read OP to mean they would use the bus for their MK days and use Uber to go directly from Pop to AK on those days.
Phew! That makes more sense! As OP only joined DISBoards yesterday I was concerned they new new to WDW and not aware of the layout of the parks and resorts. What you're saying makes much more sense! :)

The buses are not as bad as all the blogs, vlogs, videos, articles, etc. say. People usually exaggerate the negative. Very few people write articles about their positive experiences.

Yes, for rope drop there are more people getting on the buses than a few hours later but it does not take FOREVER. You'll likely have to stand. We always deliberately wait for the next bus so we can sit. The buses come pretty frequently for rope drop.

Phew! That makes more sense! As OP only joined DISBoards yesterday I was concerned they new new to WDW and not aware of the layout of the parks and resorts. What you're saying makes much more sense! :)

HAHAH No I am new to this message board but I've been to Disney World 5 times. It's just my first time staying in a Disney Resort and being there w/o my own car or a rental. So I will be relying solely on the free transportation or Uber/Lyft. And dansdad is correct... I mean that on the MK day I might try to take the bus and then save my uber credit for AK day.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Since I am new to the site and had less than 10 posts, I'm guessing that's why it was making me wait 15-60 mins between replies to everyones comments. It's kinda annoying! LOL

I recently stayed at Pop Century for a quick 2 night stay. I haven't seen anyone mention my major problem with the resort, but it is what made me stay away for more than 10 years. It doesn't matter what time of the day or night that I'm leaving or returning to my room, someone is standing just outside theirs, smoking! I cannot tolerate cigarette smoke. I just don't get it. How inconsiderate. These people have ruined a nice resort for me.

Yes, I know I can complain and I have but I resent having to play policeman while on vacation.

I had not witnessed this behavior at other Value resorts prior to my first stay at Pop Century and I've never experienced it at my stays at Moderate resorts.

But, unfortunately, I won't be giving Pop Century another try.
We’ve stayed at Pop several times and I’ve never noticed anybody smoking or even smelled it.

Checked out this morning after a six night stay at POP. We were in the 60’s section, room 4435. I like the updated rooms, especially the bathroom area. It was just my husband and myself, so we had plenty of room. I could see it getting crowded with four in the room, though.

Food court was crowded, but we managed to find a seat the two times we ate there. Food was fine. My husband liked the friend chicken. It was very loud inside though.

Bus lines were crazy long, but they did send new busses in a timely manner. I like being able to check bus times on the app and on the screens at the bus stop. Times given were pretty accurate.

All the CM’s we dealt with were very nice. Had a problem with DDP credits that was dealt with quickly.

Sad to say goodbye this morning!!

I love to light up a cigar at the end of a day. I was in the 50's section and noticed the smoking area right in the pathway so I chose to head over to the smoking bench near the lake. Far fewer people walking by in the evening and a nice view. But then, I'm smoking because I enjoy it, not for that needed quick fix so heading to the more out-of-the-way place isn't an issue.

Just got home from a wonderful stay at POP. I requested 60s, but we were in 50's. This turned out to be great! We loved being close to Classic Hall.

We were barely in the room, but the most important part is the bed and those were as comfy as ever.

I was not able to decline housekeeping for the gift card, because of how my TA booked us.

We ate in the food court for breakfast twice and grabbed a pizza on our last night. Everything was fresh and efficient.

We had no problems with the bus. Never waited long even though POP was BUSY. I have never seen that many people in the bus lines before. I thought they must have been giving away something free at Epcot Monday. It was insane.

Can't wait to stay again in November!

And Pop buses have the very best music track! I love watching the kids faces as all the parents start singing things like the Lavern and Shirley theme song or other catchy tunes while we ride along! :D
We were on the bus once and Sweet Caroline started playing, a few teens started singing and soon everyone on the bus was singing along. It was very magical

The buses are not as bad as all the blogs, vlogs, videos, articles, etc. say. People usually exaggerate the negative. Very few people write articles about their positive experiences.

Yes, for rope drop there are more people getting on the buses than a few hours later but it does not take FOREVER. You'll likely have to stand. We always deliberately wait for the next bus so we can sit. The buses come pretty frequently for rope drop.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. In other words..I completely agree. Some people do truly seem determined to find reason to complain about every little thing and blow it out of proportion. For the most part we've never had any issues with the buses and don't find that they cost us tons of time. We also opt to even wait for the next bus to sit, which we certainly wouldn't be as inclined to do if there was a terrible wait for the next bus.

Without exception the times we find the bus lines to be worse are immediately after any evening show at any park. We've started trying to take as long as possible to leave the parks after the last show to avoid the crowds all clamoring to get out at the same time. It makes for a leisurely walk and a much less crowded park to enjoy in the last moments of each day. But getting to the parks in the morning typically goes smoothly for us. :)

Here now. Plane arrived at MCO around 6:30 pm and got to resort by 7:30 and still waiting for luggage! I called “ “luggage” at 10:30 and I was told they were still in their 5 hour window. I was also told my luggage was on way to resort and now it’s 1:25 am and still no luggage. I called again and was told a manager would be calling me. No one called me back.
Luggage was just now delivered. It’s 1:42 am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter