Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the excellent responses you’ve already received, I just wanted to suggest that you allow plenty of time when you go to retrieve your bags before DME or other transportation to the airport. At different times, it gets quite hectic and there may be a wait to have someone get your bags and they may spend some time in the luggage storage area finding them. Not horrible, but don’t expect immediate retrieval.

This exactly. It took between 5 and 10 minutes for them to retrieve ours (probably closer to 10). It was our own fault from getting back from Disney Springs so lare, but DME didn't wait for us. Not a big deal bc another bus came 20 minutes later.

Just wondering what early check in's have been like. We land around 10:30 am and plan to head over to animal kingdom to use a couple of fast passes. I am not sure how long I will make it after the red eye flight, I am getting to old to be up all night ;).

Does anyone currently staying at Pop know if the Christmas mugs are available? We check in on Saturday, and I have my fingers crossed we’ll be able to get some!

Just wondering what early check in's have been like. We land around 10:30 am and plan to head over to animal kingdom to use a couple of fast passes. I am not sure how long I will make it after the red eye flight, I am getting to old to be up all night ;).
We checked in at 9:30 ish in the morning and they were able to give us a room right then. Just make sure that’s the only request you have

Does anyone currently staying at Pop know if the Christmas mugs are available? We check in on Saturday, and I have my fingers crossed we’ll be able to get some!

We just got back from staying at Pop for 8 days. I saw the mugs every single day, at varying times of day. Many times (but not all), there were large quantities of them there. Fingers crossed that there's still plenty on Saturday!

@scrappinginontario and @Shellee999 - thank you!! I really love these mugs. I’m hopeful if we don’t see them at Pop Century, we’ll find them when we take a walk over to AoA. I’ll let you know what I find when we get there!
Thanks! We arrive on Dec 8th and I'm hoping we can get them also but am not holding my breath. They do seem to have prepared a little better than they did for the Halloween mugs though.

Hey everyone,

Checking in on Thanksgiving evening! (Hoping someone saves me one of the Christmas mugs!)

We will have magic bands and driving in for the first night, can we go straight up to the barrier when we first arrive or do we have to wait in line at the guard shack?

Thanks!!

We have Canadian Resident tickets, can anyone confirm if we can show our ID at Pop when we check in or if we will have to do it once we get to the park?

We have Canadian Resident tickets, can anyone confirm if we can show our ID at Pop when we check in or if we will have to do it once we get to the park?
Historically we have had to take passports with us when tickets are picked up or first used. I have not heard that this has changed.

If there is none in the food court check near the cashiers in the gift shop we were there on Halloween there was 3 shelves in the the food court full on November 1 in the morning but all gone by that night and none all next day but as I was leaving through the gift shop they had about 2 dozen so check there before you walk over to AoA even though it is a nice walk 15 min tops food court to food court

They took my driver's license at check in and all was good. I've never brought my passport to the park and I've had the Canadian resident tickets twice

I hope they are still there in 3 weeks. We also missed out on the Halloween mugs so I would like to get a Christmas one. Fingers crossed
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and everyone else hoping for one! They seem to have produced considerably more of these than the Halloween mugs. I haven’t read any reports yet of people wanting the holiday mug who weren’t able to get one.

Hey everyone. We just got home from 4 nights at POP after only ever staying deluxe before this. We loved it! We requested 50's or 60's building with early check in if possible. Our flight landed at 9:30 am and we were on the bus when I received a text at 9:48 that our room was NOT ready yet, but they would update me soon. At exactly 10:48, just as we were about to hand over our bags to luggage assistance, I got the text that the room was ready. It was in the 50's building as I requested.

We were in building 3, 4th floor, opposite end of the elevators and there was NO noise at all. It was a perfect location. We had excellent experiences with the buses except one time when we waited 55 minutes to get a bus from Hollywood Studios to POP around 3PM. When leaving POP to go anywhere it seemed there was always a bus ready or one came within minutes.

I did an order from Amazon Prime Now when we arrived and it was very easy. When I went to retrieve it they offered to bring it to my room, but I just took it myself since I was about to leave and didn't want to wait.

We also had a great experience at check out. We checked out by 8:30 and left our carry on items with luggage assistance for the day so we could go to epcot. They were easy to retrieve and we just waited for out magical express bus time. All in all I have no complaints and will not hesitate to stay there again to save money!

Hey everyone. We just got home from 4 nights at POP after only ever staying deluxe before this. We loved it! We requested 50's or 60's building with early check in if possible. Our flight landed at 9:30 am and we were on the bus when I received a text at 9:48 that our room was NOT ready yet, but they would update me soon. At exactly 10:48, just as we were about to hand over our bags to luggage assistance, I got the text that the room was ready. It was in the 50's building as I requested.

We were in building 3, 4th floor, opposite end of the elevators and there was NO noise at all. It was a perfect location. We had excellent experiences with the buses except one time when we waited 55 minutes to get a bus from Hollywood Studios to POP around 3PM. When leaving POP to go anywhere it seemed there was always a bus ready or one came within minutes.

I did an order from Amazon Prime Now when we arrived and it was very easy. When I went to retrieve it they offered to bring it to my room, but I just took it myself since I was about to leave and didn't want to wait.

We also had a great experience at check out. We checked out by 8:30 and left our carry on items with luggage assistance for the day so we could go to epcot. They were easy to retrieve and we just waited for out magical express bus time. All in all I have no complaints and will not hesitate to stay there again to save money!
Thanks for the report. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter