• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are leaving Saturday for our first stay at Pop, so excited. Sunday morning, we're headed to brunch at Trattoria al Forno. What's the best way to get there (boardwalk) from Pop?

We are leaving Saturday for our first stay at Pop, so excited. Sunday morning, we're headed to brunch at Trattoria al Forno. What's the best way to get there (boardwalk) from Pop?
I would take a Lyft or an Uber. Much cheaper than Minnie vans. We took one from pop to gf and it was super easy and cheap. After a discount I think it was $6

If you want to use Disney transportation (the biges pros to this are 1) it’s free, and 2) it might be necessary if you have a child who is car seat-age), I’d recommend taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and then either walk or boat to the Boardwalk.

The fastest way, though, would be to take an Uber to the Boardwalk Inn. If you need a car seat, you can take a Minnie Van. Not sure how much it is these days for that option.

We love the brunch at Trattoria! And we are at Pop right now and love it here!!

Hi! Thinking of switching from CBR to 2 rooms at Pop. We haven't been since 2010, and are very excited to see the refurbished rooms. Does anyone have pictures of the gondola construction? Was thinking of requesting fireworks view/lakeside, and wondering how the skyliner affects the view. Thanks!

If you want to use Disney transportation (the biges pros to this are 1) it’s free, and 2) it might be necessary if you have a child who is car seat-age), I’d recommend taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and then either walk or boat to the Boardwalk.

The fastest way, though, would be to take an Uber to the Boardwalk Inn. If you need a car seat, you can take a Minnie Van. Not sure how much it is these days for that option.

Our son needed a car seat. We used an UberX with car seat. They are much less plentiful than regular Uber or Lyft. However, there was one available within 15 minutes 2 of the 3 times I looked. It was about $10 more than the regular Uber cost, but still cheaper than a Minnie Van.

Hi! Thinking of switching from CBR to 2 rooms at Pop. We haven't been since 2010, and are very excited to see the refurbished rooms. Does anyone have pictures of the gondola construction? Was thinking of requesting fireworks view/lakeside, and wondering how the skyliner affects the view. Thanks!

The pictures above are from a gondola thread. I don’t believe the gondolas will affect the view much if at all as the towers really are quite low and the gondolas themselves will hang down below the wires.

Thanks Haley R.

I may be going crazy but I think I remember reading somewhere about a food court with an icee machine I’ll keep looking.

Hello, I have tried to keep up with changes but work keeps getting in the way of my Disney time... Can someone kindly advise if there is still the security checks if the "occupied" sign is up? We are not morning people and tend to sleep in and close the parks.
Also - did I read there was a gift card in lieu of mousekeeping? Is this still occuring? We have given up on that and the possibility of towel animals, I usually take care of the room myself. I still tip though upon checkout or if something is brought to the room (i.e., extra towels or a blanket).

Thanks for your help! yay- single digit countdown here!

Hello, I have tried to keep up with changes but work keeps getting in the way of my Disney time... Can someone kindly advise if there is still the security checks if the "occupied" sign is up? We are not morning people and tend to sleep in and close the parks.
Also - did I read there was a gift card in lieu of mousekeeping? Is this still occuring? We have given up on that and the possibility of towel animals, I usually take care of the room myself. I still tip though upon checkout or if something is brought to the room (i.e., extra towels or a blanket).

Thanks for your help! yay- single digit countdown here!
Yes the security checks still happen even with the occupied sign up. The sign basically just lets them know someone is in there but they will most likely still knock and ask to take a quick peek in. I will say, though, that we slept in multiple times and were never bothered. The only time we were in the room during a check was in the afternoon.

The housekeeping opt out is still available. Make sure you go to the front desk when you arrive and tell them you are interested. They will email the gift card to you.

The boats don't always run, of there's lighting etc. And run about every 20 min. Might be quicker if not walking from DHS to BW to take the bus to AK and thrn bus to BW. Or much easier, take an uber. I don't think I paid more than 9 bucks and Pop to BW was 6 something plus tip, did it after the half for our pedis and adr.

The boats don't always run, of there's lighting etc. And run about every 20 min. Might be quicker if not walking from DHS to BW to take the bus to AK and thrn bus to BW. Or much easier, take an uber. I don't think I paid more than 9 bucks and Pop to BW was 6 something plus tip, did it after the half for our pedis and adr.
Uber is definitely much, much easier! It’s not really practical, though, for anyone who needs a car seat. Minnie Van is nice because the car seats are available, but it’s quite expensive. So it’s a little bit more difficult to plan with young children. I’ve never tried an Uber with a car seat, but someone recently mentioned that option as well.

Does anyone have any recent photos of the Pop Century food court menus?

I've looked at the DIS menus and others, but I was wondering if anyone has recent photos of the screens showing the different meals offered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

I don't see the Philly Cheese Steak Wrap or the breakfast pizza.

I was wondering if they discontinued those.

Breakfast Menu (Updated: 05/18)
Entree/Main Course

• Biscuit and Gravy - - $3.99
    Bounty Platter - Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Bacon, Sausage, Potato Casserole and a Buttermilk Biscuit - $10.99
    Breakfast Bread Bowl - Breakfast Meat, Sausage Gravy, Spinach, Eggs and Cheddar Cheese - $8.99
    Breakfast Flatbread - Sausage Gravy, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Ham and Cheddar Cheese - $9.99
    Breakfast Sandwich - Eggs, Bacon and Cheese on a Bagel - $6.79
    Chicken Fried Chicken - with Scrambled Eggs and House-made Sausage Gravy - $9.49
    Chocolate-Chip Pancakes - with Fruit Topping, Bacon and Sausage - $8.99
    Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes - with Orange Sauce, Bacon and Sausage - $9.29
    French Toast - with Fruit Topping, Bacon and Sausage - $8.79
    Grits - - $2.99
    Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich - Ham, American Cheese and Mayonnaise-Mustard on White Bread - $8.49
    Mickey-shaped Waffles - with Bacon and Sausage - $8.79
    Oatmeal - - $3.49
    Omelet - choice of Cheese, Western, Ham and Cheese, or Spinach, tomato, and Feta served with a breakfast potatoes - $8.99
    Pancakes - with Fruit Topping, Bacon and Sausage - $8.79
Side Dish/Snack

• Bacon - - $2.99
    Breakfast Potatoes - - $2.99
    Sausage - - $2.99
    Scrambled Eggs - - $2.99
Drinks

• Iced Coffee - French Vanilla or Mocha - $4.69

Lunch / Dinner Menu
(Updated: 05/18)

Entree/Main Course

• All-Beef Hot Dog - with choice of two sides - $9.49
    Bacon Cheeseburger - with choice of two sides - $13.99
    Bacon Cheeseburger - with choice of two sides - $13.99
    Barbecued Pork Sandwich - Pulled Pork on a Toasted Onion Roll with choice of two sides - $10.99
    Benedict Burger - with Lettuce, Canadian Bacon, Fried Egg, Hollandaise Sauce and choice of two Sides - $14.99
    Blackened Mahi Sandwich - with Lemon Aïoli on a Brioche Bun with choice of two Sides - $11.99
    Buffalo Chicken Flatbread - Blue, Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheeses, Wing Sauce, Celery and Fried Chicken - $9.99
    Chicken Bacon Ranch Flatbread - Fried Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Dressing, Mozzarella Cheese and Arugula - $10.99
    Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 pieces, with choice of two sides - $10.49
    Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich - with choice of two sides - $12.99
    Chicken Parmesan - Marinara or Alfredo Sauce, Penne Pasta, Garlic Bread and choice of two sides - $11.99
    Family Style Pizza - with choice of Toppings - $17.99
    Fried Chicken - House-made Fried Chicken with choice of two sides - $12.29
    Hot Pastrami Sandwich on Rye - with Spicy Mustard, Vinegar Slaw, Smoked Gouda, and choice of two sides - $11.99
    Jamaican Jerk Seared Chicken Breast - with Sweet Pineapple Barbecue Sauce and choice of two sides - $9.99
    Meatball Sub - with choice of two sides - $10.69
    Monster Slice of Pepperoni Pizza - with Caesar Salad - $10.49
    Pot Roast - Braised Beef with Mashed Potatoes, Vegetables and Red Wine Gravy - $11.99
    Seared Salmon - with Mango Salsa and choice of two sides - $13.49
    Shrimp and Goat Cheese Flatbread - Tomato Pesto, Red Peppers, Garlic, Shrimp and Goat Cheese - $11.99
    Sloppy Joe - Ground Beef and Tomato Sauce on Toasted Brioche Bun with choice of two sides - $10.49
    Southwesterner Burger - with Pepper Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Jalapeno, Sour Cream, Corn Tortilla Strips and choice of two sides - $14.99
    Vegetable Burger - with choice of two sides - $11.29
    Wine Butter Mussels - with Garlic Bread and choice of two Sides - $13.49
Dessert

• Brownie Sundae - Deliciously rich Brownie with choice of Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Cherry, and choice of Hot Fudge, Strawberry, or Caramel Topping - $6.29
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae - Freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookie with choice Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Cherry, and choice of Hot Fudge, Strawberry, or Caramel Topping - $6.29
    Classic Sundae - Choice of Ice Cream with Whipped Cream, Cherry, and choice of Hot Fudge, Strawberry, or Caramel Topping - $5.29
    Soft Serve Ice Cream Cone or Cup - Choose from Chocolate, Vanilla, or Twist - $3.99
Drinks

• Milkshake - Milkshake - $5.49
    Raspberry Lemonade Slush - - $4.79

Does anyone have any recent photos of the Pop Century food court menus?

I've looked at the DIS menus and others, but I was wondering if anyone has recent photos of the screens showing the different meals offered for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

I don't see the Philly Cheese Steak Wrap or the breakfast pizza.

I was wondering if they discontinued those.

I don't have any photos, but don't recall seeing either of those items when I was there a couple months ago. I would have been all over a philly cheese steak wrap . . .

Philly-Cheesesteak-Wrap-600x509.jpg

Inside view of the Philly Cheesesteak Wrap

The meat was moist, and had onions cooked in with it; the whole thing was topped with a generic melted cheese (American, probably), and served in a warm flour tortilla. He really liked it. His only complaint was that he wished there were also bell peppers in with the meat and onions.

The fries were perfect, fresh and crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside, with just the right amount of salt (I would know, I kept stealing them off his plate, that’s how good they were!).

I don't have any photos, but don't recall seeing either of those items when I was there a couple months ago. I would have been all over a Philly cheese steak wrap.

Me, too!

I guess it was an old post on the food blog. I think that I saw it here.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...pop-food-court-in-disneys-pop-century-resort/

And I think they now call the breakfast pizza a breakfast flatbread or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter