Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo!!! I love this tip!!

This is genius!

This is the greatest Idea ever! When I rent a car we usually leave it there but when I don't like during my solo trip in September and a Mom and Daughter trip I did in January it was so annoying to have no where to leave it.

It works great if you're a small group that stays together all day and comes back to the resort at the same time. At the time we did this (I did it on 2 different trips) our kids were younger and we all stayed together all day so I got back to the resort with everybody else and could go in the women's locker room and retrieve our mugs. If I had decided to stay behind at a park while my husband went back to the resort with the kids, he wouldn't have been able to get the mugs...though he probably could have found someone to take the key into the locker room and get our mugs. Now that our kids are all teens/adults, we tend to split up during the day and don't always come back to the resort together so it doesn't work for us anymore. But it was definitely a lifesaver (and worth every penny) to do it when the kids were young and our room wasn't close to the food court.

It was during our stay in Building 2 that I started leaving our mugs in a locker by the pool every day. It was worth the 75 cents (or whatever it was...I just remember that I used quarters) to not have to walk all the way back to our room to get the mugs when we got back from the parks.
That is so smart! I never would have thought to do that.

It was during our stay in Building 2 that I started leaving our mugs in a locker by the pool every day. It was worth the 75 cents (or whatever it was...I just remember that I used quarters) to not have to walk all the way back to our room to get the mugs when we got back from the parks.

I nominate @bluezy for Tip of the Month!! party:

That is so smart! I never would have thought to do that.

I nominate @bluezy for Tip of the Month!! party:

I can't take full credit. I read something on these boards about 10 years ago where someone said they would drop their swimming gear off in a locker before they left for the parks in the morning so that they didn't have to hike all the way back to the room to change and then walk back to the pool when they got back to the resort in the afternoon. I just modified that tip. :D I do usually tell people to make sure they check when/if those bathroom/locker rooms get locked at night. The times I used the lockers we were always back at the resort by 9:00ish so the pool was still open and there wasn't a problem getting to the locker when we got back.

Here's another tip to help with juggling multiple mugs. Buy a Double Duty Caddy from Thirty-One (they have some on sale for $9.99 and $14.99 right now and there's also usually a good supply of them on ebay). You can easily put 4 mugs in it and if you line up the handles correctly you can fit 6 mugs. That way one person can take all of the mugs and fill them and not kill their hands trying to hold all of the handles at once *and* they still have a free hand. :)

Here's another tip to help with juggling multiple mugs. Buy a Double Duty Caddy
I've also taken a couple of the cardboard drink carriers from McDonald's or Tim Horton's with us when we traveled and used those too although it doesn't leave and extra hand free as the double duty caddy would.

I agree. One time we were in Building 2 and it felt like a miserably long walk to the food court and bus stops since those are both at the far end of the main building when coming from the 50's section. We timed it a few times and it was a little over a 5 minute walk. For us, the thing that made that walk miserable was that we had torrential downpours the entire week we were there. Not just the afternoon storms but *all day* rain events. So by the time we got back to the resorts we were always wet and tired an just wanted to get to our room so I think any room would have felt far away that trip! :) But just for the record, our room was over 400 yards away from the bus stops/food court, so it was definitely a longer walk than what we had in our previous stay (Building 4) but still not a terrible walk...on a sunny day.

It's so funny how we all have different thoughts because last trip I was in building 2, 3rd floor and to the right, so down a short way from the elevator but not too far. I didn't think the walk to the main hall or transportation was far at all. So much that I put building 2 and top floor as my requests for Nov. It seemed so much closer than were some of the other standard views would be when we walked around the resort and went across to AOA.

It's so funny how we all have different thoughts because last trip I was in building 2, 3rd floor and to the right, so down a short way from the elevator but not too far. I didn't think the walk to the main hall or transportation was far at all. So much that I put building 2 and top floor as my requests for Nov. It seemed so much closer than were some of the other standard views would be when we walked around the resort and went across to AOA.

I think if it had been the first room we ever stayed in at Pop it might have been ok (especially if it wasn't raining nearly every time we were coming and going from the room.). But after our stay in building 4 and having a walk to the main building that was half the distance of our walk from Building 2, it just felt incredibly long to us and is now on the "I'll do everything I can to avoid that building" list for us. :) Now, if we were driving to the parks, I would have thought that was an awesome location because there was plenty of parking nearby. I have seen a lot of people say they really like Building 2 so I know that not everyone feels the same way my family does. It was definitely a quiet location even though we were facing the pool (of course very few people swim during monsoons so that may have helped). We were on the 4th floor and I honestly never saw any signs of life on our wing of the building. I think it's possible that we were the only people on that wing. We were also right by the elevator so if there were other people on that wing they would have had to walk by our room (or walk up 4 flights of stairs). Ironically, our next Pop stay they had us assigned to the same building and floor. My husband saw the CM circle the location on the map and said, "No....I can't stay in that building again. It's too far away from everything." The CM quickly found us connecting rooms in Building 9 that were closer to the main building and they were ready for us to move in right away. The location in Building 2 wasn't ready yet. Even though our rooms in Building 9 were closer than Building 2, my husband said if we ever stay at Pop again it will have to be in a preferred room. Fine with me. :) Our last 4 stays have been at AoA in the Lion King and Nemo suites...so about a 1 minute walk to the food court and a 2 minute walk to the bus stops. Now we're *really* spoiled when it comes to location. :D

Water Parks question: last time we were at WDW, the AK bus used to also go to BB and the DTD bus also went to TL. Is this still the case?

On our last stay we were on the 4th floor of Building 7 at the far end of the hall. After a long day in the parks it was a LONG walk to our room. Where it made the difference for us is that we 'needed' to carry our refillable cups with us to the park each day. There was no way after a 12+ hour day in the parks that we would walk 6 mins to our room to get our mugs then 6 mins back to the food court then 6 mins back to our room again. That's a lot of extra walking we just were not up to after a long day. Building 7 also took away our option to use the AoA buses at the end of the day as again it was an excessive amount of walking that we would not have had if we were in our preferred Building 4.

I will one who will say I was in the 'Pop isn't too big' camp until our 8 night stay in Building 7 and I totally changed my tune after that and will do everything I can in the future to stay in any building other than 2, 7 or 8. To each their own but until you've walked a 'Disney mile' in my shoes, it's hard to criticize others who have walked to those further away rooms.
I can’t agree more. In Dec we were in room 7155, in the back of beyond. It was a trek returning to our room. We took our mugs with us it the parks, attached to cross body strap with carabiner. This way we had our mugs if we stopped at a resort mid day, which we did, wanting to see all the Christmas decorations

Is there a number or email where I can request a king room with a crib? I tried calling the WDW reservation line and they were no help... the girl put me on hold 10 times

Is there a number or email where I can request a king room with a crib? I tried calling the WDW reservation line and they were no help... the girl put me on hold 10 times

There is no email. You'll need to call the Main Reservations line again, hopefully getting someone who knows what they're doing. It's not that hard to add a note to your reservation requesting a King room and a pak-n-play.

There is no email. You'll need to call the Main Reservations line again, hopefully getting someone who knows what they're doing. It's not that hard to add a note to your reservation requesting a King room and a pak-n-play.

Ok.. I wasnt sure...thank you! I feel like that's the case with a few issues when you call!!!

I'm guessing you are aware but the request for a king room is only a request at Pop and not guaranteed.

Yes... I am aware... it is me, DH and 2 yo DS.. so I am hoping they can accommodate.. if not then the Murphy bed will stay up!!! Thanks!!

This is a brilliant suggestion! I'm gonna use it on our next trip...thank you!

No (unless they've changed it again since May). To get to the Water parks, you do get on the buses you mentioned, but you have to get off at AK and DS to transfer to a different bus for BB and TL.
This-unless staying at the All-Star Resort-the All-Stars have a direct bus to Blizzard Beach.

No (unless they've changed it again since May). To get to the Water parks, you do get on the buses you mentioned, but you have to get off at AK and DS to transfer to a different bus for BB and TL.

Correct. You need to transfer at Disney Springs. If you are planning to go around 10am park opening, they have the water park buses lined up and waiting at DS. It was seamless. The water park buses are in spot #1 at DS.

On the return, we found Uber to be the easiest way back to Pop.

The water parks now provide resort guests towels, just show your magic band at the towel hut. I still bring along two microfiber beach towels of our own. Should the park close due to lightening, you can’t take their towels with you. We’ve been caught in storms at the water parks and it’s not fun rushing out of the park soaking wet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter