Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer lake view in buildings 3-6. Top floor.

I liked building 10, top floor. It was really close to the busses.

Here is a link to a page in Len Testa's Touring Plans that describes how you can look at different room resort views and comments as people add their own photos and comments. I like using this service if you don't have an idea what the room views look like. But, you do have to be subscribed and have a vacation listed on your dashboard. They will even fax you a room request automatically.

Thanks all for your suggestions! Lake view sounds lovely, but I think in the end I'd really like to be close to the bus stops and food court!

I'm definitely subscribed to Touring Plans, it's very helpful and when I figure out what I want I'll be having them send a fax for me!

Really excited to try out these newly refurbished rooms!!!

I think that you might like building ten. I would take the parking lot route from my room to the bus stop as a short cut because it was closer than going through the food court. And yet it is right next to the food court. Building one is also next to the food court.

Thanks all for your suggestions! Lake view sounds lovely, but I think in the end I'd really like to be close to the bus stops and food court!

I'm definitely subscribed to Touring Plans, it's very helpful and when I figure out what I want I'll be having them send a fax for me!

I just booked a stay at Pop from August 2-7! This will be my first time staying there since 2005!!!

Anyone have suggestions on good room locations for standard view?

I were in building 8 with a room that faced some trees (looking more towards the resort than away from it) and I thought it was a great location. Seemed like a quick zip around the parking lot and you were at the busses and food court. Now that I look at the map a few posts above (or maybe previous page) - building 8 looks as far away as anything else - lol! I don't know if that map is to scale but I enjoyed that location and it was quiet. I like the size and layout of PoP - the refurbed rooms were amazing too - you'll love it!

Don't automatically rule out the lake view rooms because they appear to be far away from the food court and bus stops. Many of the lake view rooms are very close to those things. We had a lake view room in Building 4. It was in the center of the building right near the elevators/steps. It was a 3-4 minute walk from our room to the bus stops and even less -- about 2-3 minutes - to the food court. When I map it out, it was about 265 yards from our room to the center of the bus stops and about 190 yards to the center of the food court. Our room in Building 9 was still about a 3 minute walk to the bus stops (about 240 yards) and about a 3 minute walk to the food court (about 260 yards) even though it "looks" much closer to the main building than our lake view room was. If I was choosing between those 2 locations again, I would take Building 4, lake view in a heartbeat. The distances are similar but the route from Building 4 was much easier and we had a nice view and quiet location to boot. The resort isn't really all that big and pretty much every room is going to have less than a 5 minute walk to the food court and bus stops. Buildings 2 (50's section) and 7 (80's/90's) have some rooms that are most likely a little more than 5 minutes. When we were in the room in building 4, it was actually a preferred location (we got a free upgrade that trip!) but shortly after that it changed to a standard room.

Don't automatically rule out the lake view rooms because they appear to be far away from the food court and bus stops. Many of the lake view rooms are very close to those things. We had a lake view room in Building 4. It was in the center of the building right near the elevators/steps. It was a 3-4 minute walk from our room to the bus stops and even less -- about 2-3 minutes - to the food court. When I map it out, it was about 265 yards from our room to the center of the bus stops and about 190 yards to the center of the food court. Our room in Building 9 was still about a 3 minute walk to the bus stops (about 240 yards) and about a 3 minute walk to the food court (about 260 yards) even though it "looks" much closer to the main building than our lake view room was. If I was choosing between those 2 locations again, I would take Building 4, lake view in a heartbeat. The distances are similar but the route from Building 4 was much easier and we had a nice view and quiet location to boot. The resort isn't really all that big and pretty much every room is going to have less than a 5 minute walk to the food court and bus stops. Buildings 2 (50's section) and 7 (80's/90's) have some rooms that are most likely a little more than 5 minutes. When we were in the room in building 4, it was actually a preferred location (we got a free upgrade that trip!) but shortly after that it changed to a standard room.
I agree with the statement that the resort isn’t that big. I’m kind of surprised when I hear people say they were really far from the food court. I could understand if there were some mobility issues but for the most part no rooms are really in a bad spot.

Don't forget that the lake view rooms closest to "Generation Gap Bridge" come with the convenience of being very close to the Art of Animation food court and bus tops. Access to AA buses makes it very convenient to return from the parks to your room. You can hop on an AA bus OR a Pop bus, whichever comes first or whichever still has seats. Then it's a quick walk over the bridge to your room.

Don't forget that the lake view rooms closest to "Generation Gap Bridge" come with the convenience of being very close to the Art of Animation food court and bus tops. Access to AA buses makes it very convenient to return from the parks to your room. You can hop on an AA bus OR a Pop bus, whichever comes first or whichever still has seats. Then it's a quick walk over the bridge to your room.
I agree! This is one of the reasons Bldg 4, lake view is our favourite location at Pop!!

Hi all. My first post so apologies if already answered. I’m visiting Pop with the family in August. Have all the rooms now been refurbished or should I be asking for a specific building to get one? Thanks in advance.

Hi all. My first post so apologies if already answered. I’m visiting Pop with the family in August. Have all the rooms now been refurbished or should I be asking for a specific building to get one? Thanks in advance.
Yes, all rooms have now been refurbished or are closed for refurbishment.

All rooms that are open have been refurbished. There is no need to ask for a specific building for a renovated room anymore.

I agree with the statement that the resort isn’t that big. I’m kind of surprised when I hear people say they were really far from the food court. I could understand if there were some mobility issues but for the most part no rooms are really in a bad spot.

I agree. One time we were in Building 2 and it felt like a miserably long walk to the food court and bus stops since those are both at the far end of the main building when coming from the 50's section. We timed it a few times and it was a little over a 5 minute walk. For us, the thing that made that walk miserable was that we had torrential downpours the entire week we were there. Not just the afternoon storms but *all day* rain events. So by the time we got back to the resorts we were always wet and tired an just wanted to get to our room so I think any room would have felt far away that trip! :) But just for the record, our room was over 400 yards away from the bus stops/food court, so it was definitely a longer walk than what we had in our previous stay (Building 4) but still not a terrible walk...on a sunny day.

I agree. One time we were in Building 2 and it felt like a miserably long walk to the food court and bus stops since those are both at the far end of the main building when coming from the 50's section. We timed it a few times and it was a little over a 5 minute walk. For us, the thing that made that walk miserable was that we had torrential downpours the entire week we were there. Not just the afternoon storms but *all day* rain events. So by the time we got back to the resorts we were always wet and tired an just wanted to get to our room so I think any room would have felt far away that trip! :) But just for the record, our room was over 400 yards away from the bus stops/food court, so it was definitely a longer walk than what we had in our previous stay (Building 4) but still not a terrible walk...on a sunny day.
On our last stay we were on the 4th floor of Building 7 at the far end of the hall. After a long day in the parks it was a LONG walk to our room. Where it made the difference for us is that we 'needed' to carry our refillable cups with us to the park each day. There was no way after a 12+ hour day in the parks that we would walk 6 mins to our room to get our mugs then 6 mins back to the food court then 6 mins back to our room again. That's a lot of extra walking we just were not up to after a long day. Building 7 also took away our option to use the AoA buses at the end of the day as again it was an excessive amount of walking that we would not have had if we were in our preferred Building 4.

I will one who will say I was in the 'Pop isn't too big' camp until our 8 night stay in Building 7 and I totally changed my tune after that and will do everything I can in the future to stay in any building other than 2, 7 or 8. To each their own but until you've walked a 'Disney mile' in my shoes, it's hard to criticize others who have walked to those further away rooms.

On our last stay we were on the 4th floor of Building 7 at the far end of the hall. After a long day in the parks it was a LONG walk to our room. Where it made the difference for us is that we 'needed' to carry our refillable cups with us to the park each day. There was no way after a 12+ hour day in the parks that we would walk 6 mins to our room to get our mugs then 6 mins back to the food court then 6 mins back to our room again. That's a lot of extra walking we just were not up to after a long day. Building 7 also took away our option to use the AoA buses at the end of the day as again it was an excessive amount of walking that we would not have had if we were in our preferred Building 4.

I will one who will say I was in the 'Pop isn't too big' camp until our 8 night stay in Building 7 and I totally changed my tune after that and will do everything I can in the future to stay in any building other than 2, 7 or 8. To each their own but until you've walked a 'Disney mile' in my shoes, it's hard to criticize others who have walked to those further away rooms.
This is a good point. I guess Dh and I just enjoy walking at night after the parks but we’ve never been there when it’s raining or cold.

We’ve been lucky enough to go and never have rain so we enjoy that walk. I could see how that walk would be completely different if it’s raining.

It was during our stay in Building 2 that I started leaving our mugs in a locker by the pool every day. It was worth the 75 cents (or whatever it was...I just remember that I used quarters) to not have to walk all the way back to our room to get the mugs when we got back from the parks.

It was during our stay in Building 2 that I started leaving our mugs in a locker by the pool every day. It was worth the 75 cents (or whatever it was...I just remember that I used quarters) to not have to walk all the way back to our room to get the mugs when we got back from the parks.
Oooo!!! I love this tip!!

This is genius!

This is the greatest Idea ever! When I rent a car we usually leave it there but when I don't like during my solo trip in September and a Mom and Daughter trip I did in January it was so annoying to have no where to leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter