Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna feel strange for us to take a bus to Epcot this summer. We have always walked or taken the ferry to Epcot. I'm gonna miss that walk thru Boardwalk on our way to Epcot the first evening of our arrival day. Actually gonna be the same for use at Hollywood studios, but unlike Epcot, were only going their once.

Is the bus drop off fairly close to the main Enterance. Any useful info or tips worth knowing? Will be nice to see how most people see and enter Epcot and HS though.

I saw on the ESPN wide world of sports website that during our trip there's a cheerleading competition. Our trip is April 23-28, is there anyway to find out if pop century is one of the places they'll be staying?

I saw on the ESPN wide world of sports website that during our trip there's a cheerleading competition. Our trip is April 23-28, is there anyway to find out if pop century is one of the places they'll be staying?
Cheerleading and Dance Worlds will be staying at the All-Star Resort and Coronado Springs Resort.:)

Cheerleading and Dance Worlds will be staying at the All-Star Resort and Coronado Springs Resort.:)
Just found out that two events will be ending the day I arrive. It's on a Tuesday in Sept so I'm thinking everybody will be heading back for school.

Last edited:
It looks like they're putting in a telescoping door and a sliding barn door. I'm guessing that these are in the bathroom/vanity areas.
Looks like the sliding barn door will take the place of the Privacy Curtain-what a HUGE upgrade!:)

13614933_10101104544581059_1585888267354412782_n_zpsumznw4mw.jpg

is there somewhere to find out if any large groups will be there during my stay? I'll be there 9/7-9/14.

Yes,I look at it the same as the "Sassagoula River Route" to Disney Springs-time consuming,but A LOT of fun when time is not "pressing"!:)
Yes, I guess I just like riding the monorail! I am going in 10 days and this time I am planning on getting the park to park transfers. Sometimes I go to 2 or 3 a day and I think that will really improve my times to actually be in the parks.

Is there somewhere I can find specific room numbers that are king rooms that connect with 2 doubles? The only information I have been able to find are for handicap accessible king rooms. Are all the king rooms at POP accessible?

When making my reservation the cast member suggested reserving a preferred room to get a king that connects to a double...but my research tells me that's false.

I don't mind a preferred room...I like the convenience to the main bldg and buses. I also wanted the 50s section...is it possible to get a king in this section that connects to 2 doubles and not accessible?

I have a ressie at POP in May for just hubby and I to see Flower and Garden for the first time!
I really want to get a King bed or if the referb is a queen as suspected that would be ok too. I just do not want to have 2 doubles.
What are the chances of getting a king bed at Pop?
We could move to POR for $250 more to guarantee queens but I would love to save the money for shopping LOL!!

What would you do? Take the chance or change the reservation? I have touringplans and will do the fax.

Touringplans.com has a room finder section where you can search for king beds and other choices like what your rack rate is or noise level or distance to transportation is. It gives you the best options for what you want. You can even see the view from the room. It will request the room 5 days out for you. I have done it twice now and gotten the rooms I requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter