• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I are checking in at the end of November If the timing is kept to almost a month per section being done I think by my trip it might be a little more than 50-65% done. Of course I could be wrong. I think we should have some photos of a finished room by the beginning of April (just a guess). I think if we have a chance id take the updated room even if it meant giving up my first location request I was going to make LOL. (Lady and the tramp)

Help me pick a room! I booked a preferred king bed for my honeymoon and so it will fit the scooter I'm renting. I'm looking at Touring Plans and trying to pick out a room. It's giving me the options of the 50's, Building 1 and 3; the 60's, Building 5; and the 70's, Building 10. I've never been to POP before so I don't know a thing about it. I just need to get my scooter to the car relatively easy and grab a coffee from the food court with little effort.

What building would you recommend?

Help me pick a room! I booked a preferred king bed for my honeymoon and so it will fit the scooter I'm renting. I'm looking at Touring Plans and trying to pick out a room. It's giving me the options of the 50's, Building 1 and 3; the 60's, Building 5; and the 70's, Building 10. I've never been to POP before so I don't know a thing about it. I just need to get my scooter to the car relatively easy and grab a coffee from the food court with little effort.

We haven't stayed in a King or Accessible Room, but we have stayed in both building 10 (70s) and building 5 (60s). They are both about equally close to the food court, but it depends on what part of the building you are in. The biggest complaint that I have about building 10 is that you have to walk past the smoking area to get there.

We haven't stayed in a King or Accessible Room, but we have stayed in both building 10 (70s) and building 5 (60s). They are both about equally close to the food court, but it depends on what part of the building you are in. The biggest complaint that I have about building 10 is that you have to walk past the smoking area to get there.

Most of them are on the back side of the buildings over looking the little service roundabout. The view is pretty crappy for all of them considering it's a preferred room.

Hey Guys. We're recently back. Stayed 3/9-3/11 (2 nights). AND WE LOVED IT!

We had 70's building, 4th floor, lake view. Great location in my opinion. Just a stone's throw from the main building. A pool in our courtyard would have been nice, but frankly I figure they just increase the noise, so I was fine without. The view was really nice and being on the backside and top floor also certainly reduced any noise. So with that said, we didn't experience any issues with unruly kids that disrupted OUR sleep.

I will say that there were some sports kids in the courtyard being awfully loud about 6 am, and some others that were up until about 10 pm screaming and cheering. But they did NOT disrupt us, and really those hours aren't all that unreasonable. I would have been annoyed had I been on the first couple of floors facing the courtyard with little kids trying to go to bed early. But, I wasn't and didn't, so no issues for me.

There were lots of cheerleaders there during our stay, but we found them totally respectable and decent. So props to the chaperones and the kids themselves.

Food court always had lots of people like others have said, but lines still moved fast. Coffee in the rooms would have saved me some time, but really I liked getting out early in the morning and having somewhere to go, so no problem.

Resort itself is really fun to explore. So much to see and read about. Fun photo ops. And the rooms, while a tad small, aren't like NYC small or anything. They were comfy enough. The buses were timely, albeit the end of the line when you're leaving the parks, but its a value - what are you gonna do.

All in all, we'd DEFINITELY come back to the Pop. They accommodated our every request (our group actually had 3 rooms), and it was a fun and convenient and reasonably priced place to stay.

Hey Guys. We're recently back. Stayed 3/9-3/11 (2 nights). AND WE LOVED IT!

We had 70's building, 4th floor, lake view. Great location in my opinion. Just a stone's throw from the main building. A pool in our courtyard would have been nice, but frankly I figure they just increase the noise, so I was fine without. The view was really nice and being on the backside and top floor also certainly reduced any noise. So with that said, we didn't experience any issues with unruly kids that disrupted OUR sleep.

I will say that there were some sports kids in the courtyard being awfully loud about 6 am, and some others that were up until about 10 pm screaming and cheering. But they did NOT disrupt us, and really those hours aren't all that unreasonable. I would have been annoyed had I been on the first couple of floors facing the courtyard with little kids trying to go to bed early. But, I wasn't and didn't, so no issues for me.

There were lots of cheerleaders there during our stay, but we found them totally respectable and decent. So props to the chaperones and the kids themselves.

Food court always had lots of people like others have said, but lines still moved fast. Coffee in the rooms would have saved me some time, but really I liked getting out early in the morning and having somewhere to go, so no problem.

Resort itself is really fun to explore. So much to see and read about. Fun photo ops. And the rooms, while a tad small, aren't like NYC small or anything. They were comfy enough. The buses were timely, albeit the end of the line when you're leaving the parks, but its a value - what are you gonna do.

All in all, we'd DEFINITELY come back to the Pop. They accommodated our every request (our group actually had 3 rooms), and it was a fun and convenient and reasonably priced place to stay.
Glad you had a great time!

So you have booked a Preferred DA (Handicapped Accessible) room? That is the only way to "book" a King room, otherwise there are so few it is just a request. Knowing your booking will help us give you good requests.

Preferred only means location, not view.

Last edited:

Just so you know that a King room and a specific room number is not guaranteed, it's just a request. If you are you using a scooter I would recommend to request ground floor, it will be easier. I would also request the 50's as we find it to be very quiet.

Yes, at the moment, my request is for a King bed that is handicapped accessible. My TA put the accessible request in as a roll in shower not the hearing impaired rooms.

Thanks guys for helping me! :)

Yes, at the moment, my request is for a King bed that is handicapped accessible. My TA put the accessible request in as a roll in shower not the hearing impaired rooms.

Thanks guys for helping me! :)

Okay well, the preferred will limit the number rooms but to get Preferred, King, Car Access and Coffee (food court).
Consider, in Preferred -
60's will have the most King rooms but it does not have parking close by.
70's Bldg 10 will have the next number of King rooms and parking is close.
50's will likely have the least number of King rooms close to parking.

Look at these maps -
Yellow is Preferred.
Second map shows you where King accessible rooms are located.
Line up with the map so you are looking at correct end of building.

PopCenturyRoomsPref.jpg

PopCenturyRoomLayoutLarge.jpg

But why would you pay the extra to reserve preferred and then request nonpreferred??
I would guess, maybe there was only preferred available for their dates. Having stayed in both standard and preferred rooms at Pop, I would request a standard lakeview too.

All we could get was a preferred room. I didn't 'choose' it. I really want a lake view room :)
Same with us when we did our bounce back. All that was available to book was preferred, but we didn't want one, so when we did our pre check in we asked for a non preferred room so because we still paid for our preferred room we got the exact room we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter