Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! When we were there in 2004, those rooms were preferred and I remember that because we got pixie dusted with a free upgrade to those rooms! I can still hear the front desk CM say, "Well, I see someone sprinkled some pixie dust on you today....you've received a free upgrade to preferred location rooms!" (Bldg 4 in the 60's -- rooms 4450 & 4451....awesome location...though I'm still surprised we got that upgrade since we needed connecting rooms. It seems to be challenging enough just to get the connecting rooms but then to get the free upgrade and still have connecting rooms...). When we returned to Pop in 2009, those rooms were no longer a preferred location.
My favorite room at Pop is 4441...bldg 4 (60's), 4th floor, room 41. So quiet!!! Wish I had gotten it for my stay last week! I was in bldg 7, on the back side, facing the parking area and lake. Very quiet, but a bit off putting for a woman alone to be walking back there late at night. Anyway.....everything else was terrific, as usual. Well, except for the huge group of young South American girls..probably early to mid teens. They had at least 24, if not 36 rooms in that same area...with 4 girls in each room. Not sure what they were there for....they carried backpacks that said 'enjoy quince' but I doubt it was a birthday celebration...way too many girls for that, one would think. But, they weren't too noisy unless they were out and about en masse...heading to their private buses (thank heaven!!!)...much chanting happened then, or when they were just walking around the resort.

Yes! I especially love taking the Pop bus at night, grabbing an adult beverage at the pool bar, and enjoying the gorgeous walk across the bridge to AoA.

Nice idea! I'm staying at AoA and had not thought of that. Thanks!

Does anyone that is currently at Pop or stayed recently know if they sell cases of bottled water in Everything Pop gift shop and what the price is? I don't think we are going to do a grocery order this trip, so we are planning to just purchase milk, water, and juice from the gift shop and pack dry cereal and some other non perishable foods for breakfast in our suitcases since we have the dining plan.

At the Pop food court does anyone have a picture of the coffee station. I'm curious what they have for creamers. Thanks!

but I doubt it was a birthday celebration.

It was.:)

You encountered what is commonly referred to as "The 15s" and they are 15 year old South American girls("mainly" from Brazil or Argentina)celebrating their Birthday-it is a HUGE thing for them to come to WDW for a "quince celebration".

The "peak" months for The 15s are July(their Winter Break) and January(their Summer Break).:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

It was.:)

You encountered what is commonly referred to as "The 15s" and they are 15 year old South American girls("mainly" from Brazil or Argentina)celebrating their Birthday-it is a HUGE thing for them to come to WDW for a "quince celebration".

The "peak" months for The 15s are July(their Winter Break) and January(their Summer Break).:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

Ahhh....thanks for the explanation. I actually tried to google to see what they were all about, but none of the sites were in English.

We saw lots of these groups during our stay, but they didn't bother us in the least.

24 bottle cases are available for $16.00 by request at Everything Pop or they are available in the cooler at Landscape of Flavors right across the bridge at AoA.:)

30472676182_a88a6033a1_c.jpg

I managed to avoid having to buy those by having a kind son who didn't mind running to the food court to get me free refills from the tap.

But I was thrilled today to buy a whole case of water for less than the cost of one bottle at the parks!

It is interesting that every tour group we saw were all female....no males only and no mixed.

It is interesting that every tour group we saw were all female....no males only and no mixed.
Yes,most of the South American Tour Groups are all 15 year old girls celebrating Quince,but the Quince groups do sometimes have a few males(brothers,friends,etc. of the girls) "sprinkled in"(there are no all-male SATGs).:)

28342491146_f0fce0203b_c.jpg

Can anyone tell me what scent of toiletries that Pop Century has in the rooms right now? I know this is a weird questions, but I love the travel size shampoos and lotions. It's been a couple years since we stayed at POP and I'm pretty sure that the toiletries there will be different from the ones at the Poly and that's where we stayed last year. TIA!

Not to be funny but, I think they are "shampoo" scented. You only get shampoo/conditioner combo. No separate conditioner and no lotions. You will get one bath bar of soap and one face bar. None have any distinct smell other than "soap". It will be way different than your Poly experience.

Can anyone tell me what scent of toiletries that Pop Century has in the rooms right now? I know this is a weird questions, but I love the travel size shampoos and lotions. It's been a couple years since we stayed at POP and I'm pretty sure that the toiletries there will be different from the ones at the Poly and that's where we stayed last year. TIA!

We received Orange Blossom scented ones. Very nice light scent!

Edited: sorry! It's Blushing Orange! Not Orange Blossom.

Last edited:

I am pretty sure these Blushing Orange items are still the toiletries at Pop (this set is from 2016).
upload_2017-2-6_15-35-55.png

Great! I loved these when we stayed at POP in 2015. Thank you so much! The Poly ones are grapefruit and I was tempted to buy the big bottles but I think I liked the blushing orange just as much. THANKS AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter