Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any suggestions for a standard room that's close to the lobby and buses? We don't care about views or noise levels (seriously, my son and I can sleep through everything) or anything like that. I just want to be close to transportation.

With a standard room, I like building 1 of the 50's section. It is fairly close to the main building, there is a little shortcut around the front near luggage assistance to get to the bus area, and I like the Bowling Pin pool.

This information isn't specific to Pop but still good to know. There has been a change and Disney Resort guests who are visiting Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon can now obtain free towels to use for the day when they present a valid MagicBand.

This is a great change!! It was inconvenient to ask Mousekeeping for additional towels, take them to the water park and then carry wet, sandy towels back to the resort. I'm excited about this change!

This information isn't specific to Pop but still good to know. There has been a change and Disney Resort guests who are visiting Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon can now obtain free towels to use for the day when they present a valid MagicBand.

This is a great change!! It was inconvenient to ask Mousekeeping for additional towels, take them to the water park and then carry wet, sandy towels back to the resort. I'm excited about this change!

Probably exactly why they did it. Onsite guests were likely not renting towels but doing this or leaving them laying at the waterparks for cleanup. This makes it easy for guests and gets them turned into a central location.

Anyone have any suggestions for a standard room that's close to the lobby and buses? We don't care about views or noise levels (seriously, my son and I can sleep through everything) or anything like that. I just want to be close to transportation.

My preference would be 60's section as the standard rooms are all in a really good location -- close to the pool, lobby, and buses as well as the bridge to AoA if you want to eat there or use their bus service when returning from a park. I never base my room request on a view, but it's a bonus to be looking at a lake rather than a parking lot. After the 60's section, I'd probably choose a standard room in the 70's. Again, close to lobby & buses. Building 1 in the 50's would also be ok as would Building 9 in the 80's (though this would be my last choice for "close to lobby & bus stop).

1 week to go and getting really excited to return to Pop! Can't wait to re explore the resort. I hope we have a better experience than last time!

We just got back on Tuesday after spending 4 nights at POP. Thank you to everyone on this POP thread! Your information really helped us have a great stay!

I requested 60's Lake View and our room was on the top floor. Before our trip I was concerned the room would feel really small, but was pleasantly surprised. It was a good size for us (me and my 2 DD) We were very comfortable. I was very surprised by the food offered in the cafeteria! We ate a late dinner there twice and I enjoyed salmon with mashed potatoes and green beans, and also the steamed mussels with garlic bread and green beans. The salmon was a little overcooked, but still tasty and the mussels were very good. The girls loved the pizza! Of course we had Mickey waffles for breakfast every day. The Bounty Platter was enough for two of us to split. All CMs were so friendly too. I chose POP because of the direct bus service and dedicated buses, and we really appreciated the transportation set up! It was super easy to hop on the bus after breakfast and I really really Loved walking in after a long day and smelling all the good foods cooking in the kitchen.

Thanks again for all your tips! I think we might be a POP family for our future trips!

WHY is POP always the farthest bus stop in every park?!!

Overall, the transportion has been great, other than the 100 mile hike to the bus stop at the end of a long day when your feet feel like they may fall off!

:crazy2:
FURTHEST one! EPCOT and Disney Springs are the worst ones!
I always think of the Luke Skywalker quote (a bit changed)
"If there is a bright center to the universe, we are furthest from it."

Overall, the transportion has been great, other than the 100 mile hike to the bus stop at the end of a long day when your feet feel like they may fall off!

Pop is so popular, it has to deter people from booking there. :rolleyes: So everyone else waiting for their resort bus says, gee, look at that far out bus stop.....so glad we're not staying there.

Pop is perfect in nearly every way. It's gotta have something negative. That's the way I look at it, anyways. :)

We noticed that, too! I told my girls that there are two ways to pay for everything: 1) Pay with time 2) Pay with money.
Since we saved money by booking a value resort, we ended up paying with a little more time.
Some nights it wasn't so bad. Leaving Magic Kingdom after the Kiss Goodnight, we thought our bus stop was #31, BUT we were redirected to #6 and ended up sharing a bus with AoA.

Disney Springs bus stop is far away for sure!! Sometimes it feels like walking to the resort would be faster!

The one that makes sense is the Magic Kingdom as those stops for Pop can handle the articulated buses and Pop is one of the few resorts that use those.

I do walk with envy though by the closer bus stops sometimes. Not because I want to stay at their resorts but because my tired feet just want to rest!

Still love Pop!!

Booked June 4-9 in a preferred room. I absolutely love the refurb pics and hope my 12 yo daughter and I are lucky enough to score one if any of them are complete. Can't wait to be back at Disney World and Pop!!

Pop is so popular, it has to deter people from booking there. :rolleyes: So everyone else waiting for their resort bus says, gee, look at that far out bus stop.....so glad we're not staying there.

Pop is perfect in nearly every way. It's gotta have something negative. That's the way I look at it, anyways. :)

We say the same thing about AoA....that Disney just wanted to make sure we have *something* to complain about when talking about the resort. AoA & Pop compete for the furthest bus stop at every park. :D When AoA first opened, it actually had one of the closest stops at one or two of the parks but that didn't last long.

We say the same thing about AoA....that Disney just wanted to make sure we have *something* to complain about when talking about the resort. AoA & Pop compete for the furthest bus stop at every park. :D When AoA first opened, it actually had one of the closest stops at one or two of the parks but that didn't last long.

I'm just happy when the AofA and Pop buses are side by side at the parks, so I can jump on whichever one gets there first or get in the shorter line. :)

The worst part is that at the Studios, it used to be the very first one when you walked out of our gate. Then one day - literally in the middle of our trip - we walked out and were stunned to see they'd given our stop to AKL!! Now it's the long walk... the long long walk...

I do agree with the above about Pop/AoA though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter