Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does that mean there are no clocks in Pop rooms? Are they available by request?
I think Disney "may" be backtracking a bit on the clocks.:)

I don't know about POP,but we had stays at All-Star Sports in April,May and late last month and had clocks in all three rooms,so they don't appear to be in any rush to remove all of them-I would think all the clocks at Sports could have been removed by Housekeeping in a day if it was a priority.

Housekeeping at POP will have plenty if you find your room without one.:)

Quick question.....stayed at Pop several times and just did my online check in for me and my parents (2 rooms). My travel agent requested connecting rooms, do I need to do that also when I do the online check in or can I pick 2 more requests, such as near transportation and ground floor. Last year I asked for near transportation and 70's and was incredibly close to everything. But last year connecting oops were not N option with online check in. If anyone knows, TIA

Here at Pop now 8/21 to 8/30. Requested 1st floor and close to transportation. Received 70s section Building 10 1st floor. We are a half mile from the buses and even farther then that for food and pools.

This resort is HUGE. Previously stayed at POFQ 3 yrs ago.

There are no clocks in the rooms. There are towels at the Flower Pool and the bus time board is working. Also the mugs do not have handles. This is as of today 8/22/2016.

Arrived close to midnight last night due to delayed flight.
Room had a stained bed and a dead bug on pillow ( looked like an ant). Got new bedding at 1am and luggage at 2am.
This morning stood in ankle deep water from a blocked shower.

Not a great start. We miss Port Orleans but 9 days at Disney we only need the room to sleep.

Chrissy

Here at Pop now 8/21 to 8/30. Requested 1st floor and close to transportation. Received 70s section Building 10 1st floor. We are a half mile from the buses and even farther then that for food and pools.

This resort is HUGE. Previously stayed at POFQ 3 yrs ago.

There are no clocks in the rooms. There are towels at the Flower Pool and the bus time board is working. Also the mugs do not have handles. This is as of today 8/22/2016.

Arrived close to midnight last night due to delayed flight.
Room had a stained bed and a dead bug on pillow ( looked like an ant). Got new bedding at 1am and luggage at 2am.
This morning stood in ankle deep water from a blocked shower.

Not a great start. We miss Port Orleans but 9 days at Disney we only need the room to sleep.

Chrissy
Sorry you've had a rough start at Pop. I hope they get it fixed for you and make it all right. Thanks for the reports. Compared to POFQ, yes Pop is very big. 70's is a good location, not sure if you have a preferred room or not. That would have put you a little closer. When we were in standard room 70's, 1st floor, it took us about 5 minutes to the transportation. Cutting through the middle of buildings can help. I hope you have a magical rest of your trip!

Have stayed at the end of building 10 and 6.....sure it feels like a lot further than it actually is. My 70 and 80 year old parents are coming, so found this map with distances. We stayed in 6 last trip facing water, felt like we were right at the classic hall. Walt to the end of our floor and could see the hall. Was the 4th floor however so stairs got old. But had to backtrack to elevator. We don't get preferred rooms anymore as the difference hasn't been huge when requesting close to transportation.
image.jpeg

Right, no clocks in Pop rooms. Or any other room on property.

Yes, some are available by request. Call housekeeping from your room and if available they'll bring one.
We had a clock in our room last month. But I think they are taking them out slowly.

Does anyone know if there are clocks in the hotel rooms? I saw on a couple threads that clocks were being removed from certain resort rooms.

It's very hit or miss. We had a clock in our room at AoA in June. Our son had a clock in his room at Pop in June. Friends have returned in the last week or so and stayed at ASMo and POR and they both had clocks in their rooms (I always ask if they had clocks and what type of mugs were available :D). But there are plenty of posts from people who have not had clocks in their rooms. If there isn't one in your room and you want one you can call housekeeping to bring one. Or just pack your own. We travel with an alarm clock because we want the kids to be able to see what time it is even if they don't have a phone or after their "electronics curfew" in the evening. Of course, because we travel with our own alarm clock, we've never had a hotel room without one. :D

Does anyone know if you can request a rollaway/cot?

There have been reports both here and on other boards of people requesting and receiving (at an additional cost) a rollaway/cot at Pop Century. I've never requested one myself, but I have walked past a room at Pop that housekeeping was working in and saw one so I know they exist. I do think they are very difficult to get (I've heard only 2 or 3 per resort) and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you absolutely need an extra bed so that people don't have to share one, I'd recommend either bringing an air mattress and pump with you or shipping one to the resort ahead of time. I believe the extra cost for the rollaway/cot has been reported to be $15/night. If you're staying more than a night or two, you can buy a nice air mattress and pump for for less than the cost of the rollaway. And you wouldn't really be losing any money if you had to leave the mattress behind when you left. If you ship it there, you could repackage it and ship it back home when you check out.

It's very hit or miss. We had a clock in our room at AoA in June. Our son had a clock in his room at Pop in June. Friends have returned in the last week or so and stayed at ASMo and POR and they both had clocks in their rooms (I always ask if they had clocks and what type of mugs were available :D). But there are plenty of posts from people who have not had clocks in their rooms. If there isn't one in your room and you want one you can call housekeeping to bring one. Or just pack your own. We travel with an alarm clock because we want the kids to be able to see what time it is even if they don't have a phone or after their "electronics curfew" in the evening. Of course, because we travel with our own alarm clock, we've never had a hotel room without one. :D

There have been reports both here and on other boards of people requesting and receiving (at an additional cost) a rollaway/cot at Pop Century. I've never requested one myself, but I have walked past a room at Pop that housekeeping was working in and saw one so I know they exist. I do think they are very difficult to get (I've heard only 2 or 3 per resort) and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you absolutely need an extra bed so that people don't have to share one, I'd recommend either bringing an air mattress and pump with you or shipping one to the resort ahead of time. I believe the extra cost for the rollaway/cot has been reported to be $15/night. If you're staying more than a night or two, you can buy a nice air mattress and pump for for less than the cost of the rollaway. And you wouldn't really be losing any money if you had to leave the mattress behind when you left. If you ship it there, you could repackage it and ship it back home when you check out.

Thank you for the info and the suggestion. I think I will check in to shipping an air mattress.

Thanks for the info! We don't usually bring a separate clock (our cell phones are our alarms) but it's nice to be able to see the time in the dark/middle of the night without having to click on your cell phone. We will definitely reach out to housekeeping if we find there isn't one.

Good morning. Can someone tell me when the hard goods rehab starts at Pop? Also does anyone have pictures are willing to share that show the pools fenced in? If this information was in a previous post - please point me in the right direction. Thank You

Good morning. Can someone tell me when the hard goods rehab starts at Pop? Also does anyone have pictures are willing to share that show the pools fenced in? If this information was in a previous post - please point me in the right direction. Thank You

Room refurbishment in select buildings- 10/12/2016- 12/23/2016. Work will be limited to the hours of 10 AM - 4PM. The Computer pool will be closed also.

We had a clock in our room last month. But I think they are taking them out slowly.
It is really "strange" what they are doing with the room clock radios.

We had stays at All-Star Sports in April,May and July and had clock radios in all 3 rooms.

If they were really "serious" about removing all clock radios from the rooms Housekeeping could do it in one day.:)

Disney announced this week that the room refurbishments will be November 2016 - February 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter