Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the pool hours are until 10:00 PM. Does this mean no lifeguards after 10, they will literally kick you out of the pool after 10?

I have loved QUIETLY swimming late at night and be bummed if this was no longer possible

I have heard that Pop can stored refrigerated items before check in (as long as they are unopened?). We would prefer to pick up a few perishables the night before we check into our Disney hotel (cheese sticks, yogurt, grapes mostly). Is this a thing that anyone here has done?
Also have you guys left more than average amount of luggage at the luggage services? My sister is worried it will be a hassle, with some kids stuff along with our suitcases but I would be more worried that our car would be broken into.

I noticed the pool hours are until 10:00 PM. Does this mean no lifeguards after 10, they will literally kick you out of the pool after 10?

I don't know the answer to your question exactly but do know that when we were at Pop in December they were in the process of installing fences around the Hippy Dippy pool and I believe all Pop pools are fenced now. I wonder if access is locked or unlocked after the guards go off duty? I thought pools closed at 11pm but I don't really know where I got that time from in my head.

I have loved QUIETLY swimming late at night and be bummed if this was no longer possible
Current Pool closing time(unless it VERY recently changed) is 11:00 PM and yes,all Pools at POP are now "gated" and have NO access after 11:00 PM which is when the Lifeguards leave.:)

I was in first thing 7am to get my fastpasses and some that I wanted were already gone. What is the chance a time slot will open??

I was in first thing 7am to get my fastpasses and some that I wanted were already gone. What is the chance a time slot will open??
Which ones? That can make a big difference. If it was Frozen Ever After, did you try towards the end of your trip? That one is kind of hard to get but there should have been something I would think.

I'm sorry to hear you we'ren't able to get what you wanted @prettypatchesmsu. What ones were already gone?

Which ones? That can make a big difference. If it was Frozen Ever After, did you try towards the end of your trip? That one is kind of hard to get but there should have been something I would think.

Another suggestion is to check times later in the day although I'm sure you did that. I tried to get Frozen Ever After for our 2 Epcot days and needed to take afternoon and evening timeslots as the AM ones were already gone when my 60 day window opened up.

Yes FEA I tried all day for every day of my trip and there is nothing.

Yes FEA I tried all day for every day of my trip and there is nothing.
It's showing a few on Oct 7th, are you still there then? I'd just keep trying often as people cancel and move times around, and if you can get them one at a time and try to get overlapping times.

One good thing is that the 'Frozen Fever' that started out when the ride first opened seems to have dwindled a tiny bit. Yes, there is a wait for the ride but it's not crazy long. Today is a pretty busy day at Epcot but the current listed wait time for FEA is 60 mins with an anticipated wait of 42. Not too bad for a slow loading popular ride that has been open less than 2 months. I know some would choose not to wait that long but for others it's a manageable wait time for a new ride. Hope you're able to ride it @prettypatchesmsu !

Did you already choose Soarin or Test Track? Availability has been pretty open for FEA at the 60 day mark.

No.
I did finally get a spot on our last day BUT this throws all my other plans in to a whirlwind.
How bad do you think the wait would be on a Wednesday/Thursday first thing in the morning?

Here are my choices: Keep my FP for FEA on Saturday and make Saturday my Epcot day or
make Thursday my Epcot day and do standby for FEA.

Which is the lesser of the two evils???

Going October 5-9

Last edited:
Here are my choices: Keep my FP for FEA on Saturday and make Saturday my Epcot day or
make Thursday my Epcot day and do standby for FEA.

Which is the lesser of the two evils???

Going October 5-9

Personally, since you're there during Food and Wine Festival, I would think that going to Epcot on the Thursday and doing FEA standby would be less busy than a Saturday at F&W as locals tend to visit Epcot on the weekends during the festival.

This is just based on my own experience a few years ago when I swore I would never go to Epcot on the weekend of F&W again when I have the option of going during the week.

Others may have a different opinion though...

Closed, and with the fence gate locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter