Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ That sounds about right? Depending on traffic and how many buses are trying to go though the gates - it MIGHT be 30 minutes - but it goes pretty quickly

Correct me if I'm wrong someone....but it seems like 15-20 minutes tops to MK from Pop. Always feels the furthest if all of them. Enjoy.

You'll want to be at the bus stop well before 7am.....closer to 6:30am if you want to get there early.

^^^ That sounds about right? Depending on traffic and how many buses are trying to go though the gates - it MIGHT be 30 minutes - but it goes pretty quickly

Thanks all! Looks like I may be indifferent between driving to TTC or using the bus service since I would have to wait for and take the monorail/ferry once there by car even if we could just hop into the car at the resort and go, or having to potentially wait for a bus and be dropped off right at the entrance.

Though if we caught a bus like DisneyLover99 suggested before 6:30, might be ok, but just need to get DBF up on time :worship:

Since Pop has its own dedicated bus service, could someone tell me how long it typically takes to go from Pop to MK via bus? How much travel time should we account for?

We have an 8am PPO breakfast at BOG so I wanted to make sure we got there around 7:30 for bag check and hopefully into the park by 7:45.

For my 8am reservation at BOG last July, we got our MK bus at Pop at 7:05am and we were at MK bag check at 7:30am. We were let into MK with other dining reservation parties just after 7:40am (MK opened at 9am that day).

For my 8am reservation at BOG last July, we got our MK bus at Pop at 7:05am and we were at MK bag check at 7:30am. We were let into MK with other dining reservation parties just after 7:40am (MK opened at 9am that day).

Very helpful, thanks!

Just a quick update on my stay from March. I was there March 3-7 on a solo trip, and had requested a room in 50s. However, I arrived around 8am and felt extremely nauseas! So when I checked in I asked for ANYTHING and they accomodated me very quickly. I ended up in room 7245 in the 80s section. The room was extremely clean and overlooked the computer pool. This was my first stay and I typically stay moderate or deluxe so I had to admit I had low expectations. But then again....Disney is better than most and I had a fabulous stay. I really enjoyed the food choices, and the front desk CMs were extremely helpful. I used Uber for most of the trip instead of buses, just because I like being on my own time and don't want to be herded like cattle after a long day at the parks :rotfl2: All in all, it was 9/10. I will definitely come back to Pop when my DVC points for the year run out :goodvibes

planning a treasure hunt at POP.
1. Does anyone know if they still have the scavenger/treasure hunt map at the front desk?
2. Are there lockers at the resort besides the ones in the pool bathroom?

Thx.

If you need to use a locker for a carry on bag or something, you can always have the luggage services guys & gals hold it for you - just costs a tip!

We always leave our carry on stuff with them the last day (or first one if our room isn't ready).

When and how can I make a room request? We have stayed at Pop but I can't remember how I did it before. A king bed is very important to us. :daisy:

I had to move our dates back one week. We will now be there September 21-28. I have us in a preferred room. I was able to keep free dining but it is costing me 115 dollars more for the week. I had to move the dates due my husband's job.

Subbing in to this thread. We just booked POP for November 19th - 26th. We've been to WDW many times but this will be our first POP stay and we are excited to try this resort! This will also be our first time traveling to the World in November and we are excited to see the Christmas decorations :)

I've stayed at All-Star Sports a few times so I know that the rooms are small but can anyone confirm that they have roll-away cots at POP? There are only 3 of us in the room (myself, DM & DD) but we all like our own bed.

Subbing in to this thread. We just booked POP for November 19th - 26th. We've been to WDW many times but this will be our first POP stay and we are excited to try this resort! This will also be our first time traveling to the World in November and we are excited to see the Christmas decorations :)

I've stayed at All-Star Sports a few times so I know that the rooms are small but can anyone confirm that they have roll-away cots at POP? There are only 3 of us in the room (myself, DM & DD) but we all like our own bed.

No roll-aways available. You would have to bring/ship an air mattress.

I just got back from a 4 night solo trip at POP. Not my first WDW vacation but my first stay at POP Century and I have to say, I LOVE THIS RESORT! I would not work for a family trip (small beds, a little overstimulating for my daughter with autism...) but for just me, it was PERFECT. I was in room #4141 in the 1960's section, standard view. It had a lake view and was close to everything including the bridge over to AoA so sometimes I took the POP bus and other times AoA bus. The room was clean and comfortable and I slept so well! My only complaint has nothing to do with POP but with the Magical Express. I barely made my flight because the line for security was so so long. I think they need to increase the time from 3 hours before flight to 3 1/2 or 4 hours. The lines at MCO are the worst I have ever seen and this was on a Tuesday morning.

I just got back from a 4 night solo trip at POP. Not my first WDW vacation but my first stay at POP Century and I have to say, I LOVE THIS RESORT! I would not work for a family trip (small beds, a little overstimulating for my daughter with autism...) but for just me, it was PERFECT. I was in room #4141 in the 1960's section, standard view. It had a lake view and was close to everything including the bridge over to AoA so sometimes I took the POP bus and other times AoA bus. The room was clean and comfortable and I slept so well! My only complaint has nothing to do with POP but with the Magical Express. I barely made my flight because the line for security was so so long. I think they need to increase the time from 3 hours before flight to 3 1/2 or 4 hours. The lines at MCO are the worst I have ever seen and this was on a Tuesday morning.

For the Magic Express ride back to MCO I always ask to get on an earlier bus. I would rather wait at the airport than be stressed I will not make the flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter