Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 mins before the Skyliner begins operating or 8:30, whichever is earlier.

Any idea how we can check times outside of being at the resort?

We are arriving near midnight and headed to Hollywood Studios the next day. Ideally would like to just go to sleep knowing when I need to be at the skyliners and not have to hunt down a sign or extra cast member upon our late arrival.

Thanks!

I was doing some research since I was wondering why availability was so limited for our week and found out it is a cheer/ dance competition week. 🙄 So we aren’t sure what to do now.

Well, it’s not a trip of ours if I don’t change things 5000 times, so it looks like I am right on course!

I’m pretty bummed because the dates were perfect.

I was doing some research since I was wondering why availability was so limited for our week and found out it is a cheer/ dance competition week. 🙄 So we aren’t sure what to do now.

Well, it’s not a trip of ours if I don’t change things 5000 times, so it looks like I am right on course!

Curious to know what your dates are??

We will be there on the 23 until the 2nd. I was bummed about the cheer competitions and my husband reminded me that our 1st trip we stayed at ASM and had cheer teams and tour groups and we really didn’t get bothered by any group. We had great experiences with transportation. Food courts were busier but we don’t eat at food courts very often. I was looking at the websites for the Cheer associations that are putting them on. I bet they have blocks of rooms blocked and will release them later on. There are still states that have quarantine periods and those teams probably couldn’t be out of school/work for 3 weeks. They are giving them a virtual competition option also. Maybe I am just giving myself too much hope but I think it will be ok. I believe they have to be signed up sometime in March so I will be interested in what inventory is after that.

They have moved the movies since Covid. When we were there in September/October they were over by the blue yoyo I think by the area where Goofy is with the car. We don't watch the movies so I didn't keep up with where they were showing them but I know we heard the movie playing one night when we were eating supper outside the dining hall.
Correct, that is where they were playing the movies in November also.

Any idea how we can check times outside of being at the resort?

We are arriving near midnight and headed to Hollywood Studios the next day. Ideally would like to just go to sleep knowing when I need to be at the skyliners and not have to hunt down a sign or extra cast member upon our late arrival.

Thanks!
If I remember right, on the TV resort channel, they had the Skyway times.

We will be there on the 23 until the 2nd. I was bummed about the cheer competitions and my husband reminded me that our 1st trip we stayed at ASM and had cheer teams and tour groups and we really didn’t get bothered by any group. We had great experiences with transportation. Food courts were busier but we don’t eat at food courts very often. I was looking at the websites for the Cheer associations that are putting them on. I bet they have blocks of rooms blocked and will release them later on. There are still states that have quarantine periods and those teams probably couldn’t be out of school/work for 3 weeks. They are giving them a virtual competition option also. Maybe I am just giving myself too much hope but I think it will be ok. I believe they have to be signed up sometime in March so I will be interested in what inventory is after that.

Thanks for the pep talk!!!

I was just thinking that our first trip coincided with the 15s and they really didn’t bother us at all. I can’t imagine it would be much worse with cheerleaders.

I think we may just keep the dates and hope for the best.

Curious to know what your dates are??
Here is all the Cheer/Dance info so far.

The Quest Recreational Championship will be April 16-17 hosted by Pop Century.

21_vs_championships_pricing-quest.pdf (varsity.com)

UCA Open All Star Championship will be April 17-18 hosted by Pop Century.

21_uca_championships_iasc-pricing.pdf (varsity.com)

National Dance Team Championship will be April 22-23 with Pop Century "partially" hosting along with All-Star Movies and Coronado Springs.

21_uda_championships_ndtc-pricing.pdf (varsity.com)

The National High School Cheerleading Championship will be held April 23-25 with Pop Century "partially" hosting along with All-Star Movies and Coronado Springs.

21_uca_championships_nhscc-pricing.pdf (varsity.com)

The College Cheerleading and Dance Championship normally held in January will now be held April 27-28.

Traditionally it is held at All-Star Sports,but this year Pop Century will be hosting.

2021_UCAUDA_CollegePricing.pdf (varsity.com)

Also for the below events,It doesn't look like the names of their Host Resorts are available yet.

Sorry, where do you mean by 'on The Green'? I'm not sure where you're referring to.

When we were last there they were beside the Hippy Dippy pool.
It is the green space between Building 5 and Classic Hall.

The Green is just what I call it(There is a similar space at the Quarter that Disney does call The Green.).

At POP Disney just calls it "the grassy area by Building 5".lol

Interesting side note-for a very brief time several years ago,since this space is in the 1960s,Disney called it the "the grassy knoll" as a "tie in" with the JFK assassination.

Not surprisingly in VERY short order it was decided that was in very poor taste and they went back to "grassy area by Building 5"!

(They even used "the grassy knoll" in the Recreation Calendar.)

I was just thinking that our first trip coincided with the 15s and they really didn’t bother us at all. I can’t imagine it would be much worse with cheerleaders.

Welcome! I have a few friends with kids in All Star Cheer and their big competitions are getting cancelled left and right. They have had a few local comps but the big ones that include teams from different states, keep getting canceled and made to be virtual. It seems like a lot of these teams are not able to even practice together due to guidelines in their states. There was another one moved to virtual today.

And with the Cheerleaders you don't have to know Spanish/Portuguese to understand their Cheers!lol

Beautiful!

This was the view from outside my room in January 2019.
View attachment 554935
Groovy!

The cool thing about Hourglass Lake is there are rooms with Skyliner views AND rooms without Skyliner views.

I love looking at the Lake with the Skyliner flying over it,but your picture shows how pretty the Lake is without Skyliner as well.

Guests can pick their favorite view-best of both worlds. :)

Groovy!

The cool thing about Hourglass Lake is there are rooms with Skyliner views AND rooms without Skyliner views.

I love looking at the Lake with the Skyliner flying over it,but your picture shows how pretty the Lake is without Skyliner as well.

Guests can pick their favorite view-best of both worlds. :)
I'm trying to remember what was going on construction-wise with the Skyliner when I was there in January 2019 but so much has happened since that trip that two years ago feels more like five. Even my February 2020 trip feels like it was years ago!

I'm trying to remember what was going on construction-wise with the Skyliner when I was there in January 2019 but so much has happened since that trip that two years ago feels more like five. Even my February 2020 trip feels like it was years ago!
I can relate! We made 5 trips while the Skyliner was being built but haven't actually ridden it yet.

We were there the day they installed the first pillar which was kinda neat. I just looked back at pics of our Dec 2018 (close to your Jan 2019 trip) trip and it was while the stations were partially built, the wires were strung but no gondolas yet. When we were there in April 2019 the gondolas were flying but still covered in their white plastic. Our final pre-Skyliner trip ended less than a week prior to it's grand opening in Sep 2019. We would tease that Disney was taunting us as the gondolas were flying all the time but we couldn't ride. At that point we thought we'd need to wait until Sep 2020 to ride. Silly us, little did we know! :rotfl2:

We have a trip planned for Aug of this year but that's looking more and more like it will need to be delayed too.

Someday we will ride!!!

I can relate! We made 5 trips while the Skyliner was being built but haven't actually ridden it yet.

We were there the day they installed the first pillar which was kinda neat. I just looked back at pics of our Dec 2018 (close to your Jan 2019 trip) trip and it was while the stations were partially built, the wires were strung but no gondolas yet. When we were there in April 2019 the gondolas were flying but still covered in their white plastic. Our final pre-Skyliner trip ended less than a week prior to it's grand opening in Sep 2019. We would tease that Disney was taunting us as the gondolas were flying all the time but we couldn't ride. At that point we thought we'd need to wait until Sep 2020 to ride. Silly us, little did we know! :rotfl2:

We have a trip planned for Aug of this year but that's looking more and more like it will need to be delayed too.

Someday we will ride!!!

it will be well worth the wait. I was just telling a coworker that the Skyliner spoiled me and made me wish they went to all four parks. Hopefully you’ll be able to get your trip in this year.

Someday we will ride!!!
And not to taunt or put salt in that wound, one of my new favorite things to do at the world is ride the skyliner. It is so relaxing and love all of the aerial views. You will definitely enjoy and hopefully this August :worship:

And not to taunt or put salt in that wound, one of my new favorite things to do at the world is ride the skyliner. It is so relaxing and love all of the aerial views. You will definitely enjoy and hopefully this August :worship:
No doubt!

As the Skyliner Announcer says-it is:

THE HAPPIEST FLIGHT ON EARTH!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter