Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That is great to hear :).
(I have Touring Plans for the first time this year and requested just that!)
Enjoy! Lake view rooms have such a pretty view although just a heads up that Pop is a motel style layout which means entrance is from an outdoor, main hallway. We sometimes open the sheer curtain to our room but it still doesn't give a great view for floors 2, 3 and 4 as you're looking across 4' of walkway and through a metal railing. Open sheers also means that anyone who chooses to can look directly into your room.

If you have TP's, using their 'view' room is really helpful. If you want to be able to sit in your room and see outside I highly recommend requesting a ground floor room as those do not have the metal railings that reduce the view while sitting in your room.

Enjoy! Lake view rooms have such a pretty view although just a heads up that Pop is a motel style layout which means entrance is from an outdoor, main hallway. We sometimes open the sheer curtain to our room but it still doesn't give a great view for floors 2, 3 and 4 as you're looking across 4' of walkway and through a metal railing. Open sheers also means that anyone who chooses to can look directly into your room.

If you have TP's, using their 'view' room is really helpful. If you want to be able to sit in your room and see outside I highly recommend requesting a ground floor room as those do not have the metal railings that reduce the view while sitting in your room.
We've stayed at Movies (and loved it! They were refurbed at that point too) so my understanding the Pop rooms are very much like them? We did stay on the ground floor at Movies though. (DD is terrified of ground floor rooms though since one year a large bug was in the foldout bed she opened at a different hotel 😳 . No more ground floors with patio doors for us - at least for now! lol).

Thank you so much, this information is so helpful :).

We have a 1-night stay coming up soon and I'm totally looking at 70s! (we have standard booked) Any suggestions where we should request? We've never stayed at Pop before :). We almost did last year but that was changed with all the rescheduling and we ended up at CSR (which we love!)

Do you know how strong the Wi-Fi signal is in these buildings or any others? (DD has school the day and a half we're there and I want to make sure she can connect). I'm excited to try this resort. Not sure if we're even doing parks since we're staying with family off-site that week, but it'll be fun to at least ride the Skyliner!
We were just there last week and my daughters had to attend several online classes via video. They were in our room when they did and had zero issues with the WiFi. It was our first stay at Pop. We were in a standard 50’s room just a couple doors behind the big jukebox. It was a great location except for the Disney Springs bus, which drops off at the far end of the bus pick up which was closer to the 70’s side of the resort. We had a great time. Enjoy!

We've stayed at Movies (and loved it! They were refurbed at that point too) so my understanding the Pop rooms are very much like them? We did stay on the ground floor at Movies though. (DD is terrified of ground floor rooms though since one year a large bug was in the foldout bed she opened at a different hotel 😳 . No more ground floors with patio doors for us - at least for now! lol).

Thank you so much, this information is so helpful :).
LOL!!! Oh I hear you 100%!

One time when my DD was about 5 we had a ground floor room at Pop. She went to put her shoe on and screamed!! She quickly pulled her foot out as a big ole cockroach scurried out out her shoe!!! No more ground floor rooms for us after that!!!

Just planned a last minute trip to FL and DH was kind enough to suggest a 3 night stay. We have a preferred room at POP. I see in the app I can start check in now???
Do I want to do that?

Does anyone have a resort activities calendar or know what days Movies Under the Stars is being offered?

Does anyone have a resort activities calendar or know what days Movies Under the Stars is being offered?
I can't remembers the "order",but POP and AoA are "alternating" Movie Nights so a Guest can catch a Movie at one or the other 7 nights a week.

POP is showing the Movies on The Green-not sure about the AoA location.

I can't remembers the "order",but POP and AoA are "alternating" Movie Nights so a Guest can catch a Movie at one or the other 7 nights a week.

POP is showing the Movies on The Green-not sure about the AoA location.
Sorry, where do you mean by 'on The Green'? I'm not sure where you're referring to.

When we were last there they were beside the Hippy Dippy pool.

Sorry, where do you mean by 'on The Green'? I'm not sure where you're referring to.

When we were last there they were beside the Hippy Dippy pool.
They have moved the movies since Covid. When we were there in September/October they were over by the blue yoyo I think by the area where Goofy is with the car. We don't watch the movies so I didn't keep up with where they were showing them but I know we heard the movie playing one night when we were eating supper outside the dining hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter