Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys know if I can select 60's with a preferred room booking? I changed my room from a standard room to a preferred room just a couple of days ago, and I still cannot select any other room types than what was posted above in this thread. :confused3
You won’t be able to select 60’s online as a request, regardless of your room category, because of a glitch. Just phone in your request.
Good luck! Love the 60’s. :hippie:

50's section is the only way to go besides preferred rooms at 60's.
We stayed in the 70's building when we stayed at Pop for the first time in July. I hated it. I thought it was way too far from the main building and didn't care for the theming.
The 50's building is as close to everything as I want to be without it being a preferred.
Its funny how each person Is different! We had stayed only in the 50’s snd 60’s (except one time in the far side of 80’s and found out it wasn’t for us!) until the summer of 2018. They put us in the 70’s that trip and it’s all we’ve asked for since! 😊 We love the 70’s!

Anyone know how busy check in is on a Sunday afternoon? I've got one more day for the mail to bring our magic bands before we leave. I'm hoping most people are just doing on line check in and the line won't be too bad?

I've stayed at Pop many times, but never asked for a specific room. Do you guys know how they handle those requests? For example, am I better off asking for a lake view, 60s room than I am asking for 4460? My travel agent is calling today.

I've stayed at Pop many times, but never asked for a specific room. Do you guys know how they handle those requests? For example, am I better off asking for a lake view, 60s room than I am asking for 4460? My travel agent is calling today.
I've done both with various success.

When requesting by area I get the area I want (e.g. 60's lake view) about 85% of the time.

When requesting by room number once I was in the room next door and 2 other times I was in a completely different building.

My experience has been giving them a broader scope gives a better chance of getting what I want.

i would say you want a lake view 60’s room such as 4460 so if they can you might get that room but if not you might get something that is lake view 60’s since they know what you are wanting in general if that makes sense
Edit to correct typo

i would say you want a lake view 60’s room such as 4460 so if they can you might get that room but if not you might get something that is lake view 60’s since they know what you are wanting in general if that makes sense
Edit to correct typo
I always ask for a ground floor then ask for 60 or 70s. I almost always get my first request sometimes both. After you get the text saying your room you can call and change rooms.
407-938-4011 is the direct pop number so you dont get stuck with the reservation main number.
Once they gave me this number it's been a game changer.

I always ask for a ground floor then ask for 60 or 70s. I almost always get my first request sometimes both. After you get the text saying your room you can call and change rooms.
407-938-4011 is the direct pop number so you dont get stuck with the reservation main number.
Once they gave me this number it's been a game changer.
For people who don’t like calling, you can also get a room change through the chat feature on the MDE app. I did this in October when my room was way out in the 80s, 5 minutes on the app and I was moved to the 70s before I even got off the DME bus.

This is a great tip! I like it as an International guest as calling is not an option for me so I always have to go to the front desk. Thanks for sharing this info!

DD and I will be at POP for a few days starting February 14th, her 18th birthday! Haven't been to WDW in 6 years and to POP since 2013. We can't wait! Thank you for all the helpful updates.
We will be there celebrating our DD’s 18th birthday also! Hers is the 12th
We'll be at Pop from 2/11 until 2/16, celebrating my niece's 16th birthday on 2/14!!!

Its funny how each person Is different! We had stayed only in the 50’s snd 60’s (except one time in the far side of 80’s and found out it wasn’t for us!) until the summer of 2018. They put us in the 70’s that trip and it’s all we’ve asked for since! 😊 We love the 70’s!
I stayed in the 70s a couple years ago and loved it. It was just past the Preferred rooms and had a lake view. Requested the same room for my February 2020 trip and got the 50s instead. Liked that too, so plan on requesting 70s with 50s as Plan B in April. I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

If HS opens at 10, what time would you recommend getting in line for the Skyliner at Pop to be there in plenty of time for RD?

We are staying at Pop for the first time at the end of March and after studying the maps over and over, I finally decided to request a ground floor room in the 70's (preferably building 6). Glad to hear the 70's is your favorite, it makes me feel better about my request.

We have a 1-night stay coming up soon and I'm totally looking at 70s! (we have standard booked) Any suggestions where we should request? We've never stayed at Pop before :). We almost did last year but that was changed with all the rescheduling and we ended up at CSR (which we love!)

Do you know how strong the Wi-Fi signal is in these buildings or any others? (DD has school the day and a half we're there and I want to make sure she can connect). I'm excited to try this resort. Not sure if we're even doing parks since we're staying with family off-site that week, but it'll be fun to at least ride the Skyliner!

We have a 1-night stay coming up soon and I'm totally looking at 70s! (we have standard booked) Any suggestions where we should request? We've never stayed at Pop before :). We almost did last year but that was changed with all the rescheduling and we ended up at CSR (which we love!)

Do you know how strong the Wi-Fi signal is in these buildings or any others? (DD has school the day and a half we're there and I want to make sure she can connect). I'm excited to try this resort. Not sure if we're even doing parks since we're staying with family off-site that week, but it'll be fun to at least ride the Skyliner!
For a 1 night stay I would just request 70’s as anywhere will be great! Pop isn’t a very large resort (a lot of great stuff tucked into a smaller footprint) so you really can’t go wrong.

I have always been able to connect to Disney wifi in our room but haven’t needed it for something like school. We are international visitors so rely on Disney wifi as we don’t have data in the US. It’s been fine for us to use at Pop.

Enjoy your visit at Pop!!

For a 1 night stay I would just request 70’s as anywhere will be great! Pop isn’t a very large resort (a lot of great stuff tucked into a smaller footprint) so you really can’t go wrong.

I have always been able to connect to Disney wifi in our room but haven’t needed it for something like school. We are international visitors so rely on Disney wifi as we don’t have data in the US. It’s been fine for us to use at Pop.

Enjoy your visit at Pop!!
Thank you!! I didn't realize Pop was not a very large resort. A smaller resort sounds perfect for our night and a way to explore it for future stays. That's great news about the Wi-Fi, thanks again :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter