Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a 2nd hot tub by the Oasis Pool? I'm looking online but still am not sure? Also, by looking at the map it looks like the main pools hot tub is closest to the Hawaii longhouse. Is that correct? Thanks :)

Both hot tubs (the one at Lava and one at Oasis) are circled below. The Oasis one is SOOO much bigger than Lava.

Poly Aerial with Hot Tubs.jpg

We have two 7am MK days while we are there. I have a few questions and I'm getting close to the answer by searching, but not quite, maybe not the right search terms.

If we want to be at the tapstiles at 6:45am, what would be a good time to get to the monorail. 6:20, is that too late?

Should we go with the poly or the ttc monorail stop? I read there is an express rail to MK from ttc, but not sure if it's really going to save any time from the poly one at that time of day.

Thanks!

I will caveat this by saying I have never done a 7AM MK opening but same concept as other times should apply I think. I assume your 7AM is EMH, right?

6:20 seems like a good time to get to the Poly monorail stop to get there by 6:45, that is assuming the monorail is running. Make sure to check the monorail hours via the official Times Guide for the dates you are there. You can pick it up in the lobby. 7AM EMHs are somewhat rare, I'm not sure what the monorail opening time track record has been at that hour.

I would stick to the resort monorail at the Poly, don't mess with the express monorail at the TTC.

Sorry that's not totally helpful. Good luck!

I will caveat this by saying I have never done a 7AM MK opening but same concept as other times should apply I think. I assume your 7AM is EMH, right?

6:20 seems like a good time to get to the Poly monorail stop to get there by 6:45, that is assuming the monorail is running. Make sure to check the monorail hours via the official Times Guide for the dates you are there. You can pick it up in the lobby. 7AM EMHs are somewhat rare, I'm not sure what the monorail opening time track record has been at that hour.

I would stick to the resort monorail at the Poly, don't mess with the express monorail at the TTC.

Sorry that's not totally helpful. Good luck!

Thanks! If monorail isn't running, then the boat is the only other option, right? Do those also start an hour before open?

Hi all!

How do you find the buses to Disney Springs to be? Both there and back. We were thinking on our arrival day to go over to Disney Springs for a couple hours in the afternoon before we head to MK for dinner at Skipper Canteen at 6:30. If we leave resort around 1, would that be enough time to just visit Disney Springs for a bit (basically to see in the daylight, most our plans there are after dark) and be back in time to head to MK by our reservation?

thanks! :)

Thanks! If monorail isn't running, then the boat is the only other option, right? Do those also start an hour before open?

Yeah, IMO the resort boat would be your next option. TTC ferry would be your third. If none of those are available in theory they should have a bus. Another alternative would be cab/uber to CR and walk from there (this may be attractive to you if you want total control over your timing and not subject to the transportation uncertainties that early).

I hesitate to say "yes the resort boat will be running" because I just don't know what they do with these various transportation options when the park has EMH's that early. The resort launch would normally start around 7ish for more regular hours, not sure if they push up for the earlier open? I would assume yes, but don't depend on me. :-) The folks over on the transportation board are very helpful and really know their stuff, maybe you can find someone with direct experience over there.

One thing I have learned though, don't depend on what a CM tells you about boat start times. :-)

Good luck!

Yeah, IMO the resort boat would be your next option. TTC ferry would be your third. If none of those are available in theory they should have a bus. Another alternative would be cab/uber to CR and walk from there (this may be attractive to you if you want total control over your timing and not subject to the transportation uncertainties that early).

I hesitate to say "yes the resort boat will be running" because I just don't know what they do with these various transportation options when the park has EMH's that early. The resort launch would normally start around 7ish for more regular hours, not sure if they push up for the earlier open? I would assume yes, but don't depend on me. :-) The folks over on the transportation board are very helpful and really know their stuff, maybe you can find someone with direct experience over there.

One thing I have learned though, don't depend on what a CM tells you about boat start times. :-)

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! I'll definitely go to the transportation board.

Good morning! I have a separate post, but it was recommended that I ask here as well :) For a family of 5 (2 parents, 2 kids, 1 grandma) would you choose the studio (2 showers, but less space, only 1 actual bed) or a regular standard view room (only 1 shower, but 2 queen beds, and more spacious from what I hear)? Thanks so much! :)

Good morning! I have a separate post, but it was recommended that I ask here as well :) For a family of 5 (2 parents, 2 kids, 1 grandma) would you choose the studio (2 showers, but less space, only 1 actual bed) or a regular standard view room (only 1 shower, but 2 queen beds, and more spacious from what I hear)? Thanks so much! :)

We will have the exact same arrangement for our first Poly stay next year so I'm curious too! From what I've gathered here and other places, I'm leaning towards what the PP said plus it sounds like the extra bathroom takes up living space and makes the studio rooms feel smaller. I'd rather have more room I think. Since we haven't actually stayed in either, when it's time to actually book it's going to come down to if there is a big difference in $$. We will look at renting points too.

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate the time and the detail of your responses.

I much prefer the layout of the DVC Studio's, as do my kids, however, based upon the pricing as i see it, it works out at over $100 per night extra over a 2 week period... that's some price difference! lol However, i will keep my eyes on it and see what happens. Maybe i book half of my stay there and see what happens?! lol

Has anyone stayed there recently that can attest to the differences?
If you really want to stay in one of the DVC rooms and not pay the crazy prices you can always rent points. Not sure the rules on posting those websites here but I there may be other spots on the Dis boards where it is discussed. I have stayed at the DVC area twice now and love the layouts.

Hi all!

How do you find the buses to Disney Springs to be? Both there and back. We were thinking on our arrival day to go over to Disney Springs for a couple hours in the afternoon before we head to MK for dinner at Skipper Canteen at 6:30. If we leave resort around 1, would that be enough time to just visit Disney Springs for a bit (basically to see in the daylight, most our plans there are after dark) and be back in time to head to MK by our reservation?

thanks! :)
Never took the bus to DS from Poly, only tried at GF (same difference), but the busses were inconsistent and infrequent. I walked out to see a time posted of 25 minutes. Waited a few minutes and it climbed to 30. I called a Lyft and was in DS faster than the bus would have arrived. On my way back to the resorts I wanted to dine at Contempo Cafe. I was coming from the Marketplace in DS so I figured it made sense to check if a bus was out there since I was passing the new stop. Walked up and a Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary was just pulling up. Dumb luck. Hopped on and it was fine.

Since the busses do not go to parks from DS, would you be going back to Poly for a break? Or just to catch the monorail? If so, I would definitely leave the 90+ minutes Disney suggests because a DS bus and finicky monorail could definitely eat up time. It may be easier to even take a bus to Contemporary and just walk it to MK OR a Lyft/Uber from DS to Contemporary and still walk. If you do use a ridesharing service, the current pickup area is to the left of the dock between La Nouba and House of Blues.

Regular resort room for sure. The more actual beds the better IMO. Bathroom times can be worked around.

We will have the exact same arrangement for our first Poly stay next year so I'm curious too! From what I've gathered here and other places, I'm leaning towards what the PP said plus it sounds like the extra bathroom takes up living space and makes the studio rooms feel smaller. I'd rather have more room I think. Since we haven't actually stayed in either, when it's time to actually book it's going to come down to if there is a big difference in $$. We will look at renting points too.

These are very timely posts as I've been having some difficulty as well deciding between a studio and a standard room for an upcoming trip with my two daughters. I originally wanted to go with the studio (would have to pay rack rates and hope for a possible discount as renting points is not an option for this trip due to potential cancellation concerns) as the style/theming of the studio is more appealing to me, I tend to like a newer room, and the second bathroom would be a bonus as my 16-year-old daughter has turned getting ready in the morning into an Olympic event so having an extra bathroom space would save us a bunch of time. That being said, I was able to get a deal through a TA and the amount that I would pay to stay in a standard room is substantially less than what I would pay for a studio at rack rates. I am almost 100% certain that I will stick with the standard room as I just cannot justify spending all of that extra money (about $1600) to stay in a studio. I think I will enjoy spending that money on other aspects of our trip. Hope you have an easier time than I did making a decision :)

FWIW, the days of Poly studios being included in discounts is likely nearing their end. The last of the studio inventory will be declared to DVC soon. When Disney "owned" 25-75% of the resort, they included the units in discounts. After everything is declared to DVC, Disney will only own 2-5% of the resort, as they do at other DVC resorts. Typically, monorail DVC units have been left out of most discounts, and it shouldn't surprise anyone when that happens with Poly.

So we are planning our next trip to Disney for spring of next year. :cool1:We are going to rent DVC points for our stay this time. I thought I had narrowed it down to Beach Club, but my husband has been quite vocal that he wants to stay at the Poly this time around. :earboy2:(He never chirps in his 2 cents and always gives me my way, unless it really matters to him..so I was considering switching) He feels being in proximity to MK with 3 children under 9 is key right now since that will be our main park. I agree too. But as I was going through some post regarding the Poly I came across one that concerned me a little. :scared1:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-floridian-vs-polynesian-august-stay.3520125/

Many people are complaining the Poly pool is CRAZY overcrowded and tons of non-guests are entering. One person called it "people soup":scared: Through some more research I found a lot of people complaining about this and mainly it is because they aren't scanning MB to enter the pool. I know when we stayed at the AOA last year, we had to scan our MB to enter. Now most of these posts are over a year old, so I'm wondering if people are still finding this to be a problem? We definitely plan to have some pool time while we're there, but would hate to find we are standing shoulder to shoulder with someone while doing so! I understand that pools will be crowded, but allowing non guests to swim is a whole other issue and leads to even more crowding. TIA!:thumbsup2

So we are planning our next trip to Disney for spring of next year. :cool1:We are going to rent DVC points for our stay this time. I thought I had narrowed it down to Beach Club, but my husband has been quite vocal that he wants to stay at the Poly this time around. :earboy2:(He never chirps in his 2 cents and always gives me my way, unless it really matters to him..so I was considering switching) He feels being in proximity to MK with 3 children under 9 is key right now since that will be our main park. I agree too. But as I was going through some post regarding the Poly I came across one that concerned me a little. :scared1:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-floridian-vs-polynesian-august-stay.3520125/

Many people are complaining the Poly pool is CRAZY overcrowded and tons of non-guests are entering. One person called it "people soup":scared: Through some more research I found a lot of people complaining about this and mainly it is because they aren't scanning MB to enter the pool. I know when we stayed at the AOA last year, we had to scan our MB to enter. Now most of these posts are over a year old, so I'm wondering if people are still finding this to be a problem? We definitely plan to have some pool time while we're there, but would hate to find we are standing shoulder to shoulder with someone while doing so! I understand that pools will be crowded, but allowing non guests to swim is a whole other issue and leads to even more crowding. TIA!:thumbsup2

Just my opinion, but in my view overcrowding at the Poly pools is due more to the smallish size of both pools and pool decks relative to the size/number of guests at the resort. Sure, you're going to get some non-guests that break the rules and find their way in, follow behind someone, etc - but I don't think that's the sole cause for it feeling/being crowded. Maybe a small piece of it, but not that main contributing factor.

The total SF of water and deck area at Poly is just smaller overall than some other resorts, so it can feel very crowded at times.

When are you going? The only time I've felt the "people soup" problem was last July, late afternoon. That was the only time where I was like "this is no fun, let's get out."

Just my opinion, but in my view overcrowding at the Poly pools is due more to the smallish size of both pools and pool decks relative to the size/number of guests at the resort.
Agree with this. The Poly really could use a third pool but there's not really anywhere to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter