• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the MK open on your day, 9AM?

I would do resort boat or monorail, although check the monorail hours to make sure they are running that early. I wouldn't do the ferry except as a last resort. Cab/uber to CR/BLT is an option, but you shouldn't need to do that at that hour.

Assuming you have seen the new MK opening procedures. For a 9AM park opening, they let everyone in 8ish and you're free to roam Main Street up to the hub. PPO ADR folks are let in 7:45ish.

I never find security that bad that early in the AM, but YMMV.

There's a ticketed morning event from 7:45-9:00

There's a ticketed morning event from 7:45-9:00

Ok, that's Early Morning Magic. The PPO ADR and EMM folks are both let in around 7:45ish. There are only roughly 200 people for EMM, it doesn't dramatically change things. You'll be fine with resort boat or monorail (again, if the monorail is running that early - which it oftentimes but not always is).

Does that make sense?

Ok, that's Early Morning Magic. The PPO ADR and EMM folks are both let in around 7:45ish. There are only roughly 200 people for EMM, it doesn't dramatically change things. You'll be fine with resort boat or monorail (again, if the monorail is running that early - which it oftentimes but not always is).

Does that make sense?

Yup, thanks! I was hoping I wouldn't have to hike from Moorea to the GCH but I guess if it saves some time as opposed to TTC it might be worth it.

Tons of great information on this thread!! I never have luck using the search function, maybe it's just me! We are staying in 2 Studios next month, taking my friend and her two daughters for their first trip to Disney World! Couldn't be more excited! My husband and I usually bring water or stop and get some on our way but we will be taking the magical express to give the girls "the full experience."

Any suggestions on shipping water/drinks/snacks to the hotel? I have amazon prime so I was hoping I could use that but I have never had anything shipped to a resort at Disney. Any pointers for shipping to the Poly? Does anyone have the shipping address? Is the hotel ok with this?

Thanks!
Kelley

Tons of great information on this thread!! I never have luck using the search function, maybe it's just me! We are staying in 2 Studios next month, taking my friend and her two daughters for their first trip to Disney World! Couldn't be more excited! My husband and I usually bring water or stop and get some on our way but we will be taking the magical express to give the girls "the full experience."

Any suggestions on shipping water/drinks/snacks to the hotel? I have amazon prime so I was hoping I could use that but I have never had anything shipped to a resort at Disney. Any pointers for shipping to the Poly? Does anyone have the shipping address? Is the hotel ok with this?

Thanks!
Kelley

Can't help with the shipping question but just FYI - the store in the Grand Ceremonial House sells 24-packs of Dasani for a decent price, $6.99 I think. Very reasonable price for Disney standards. Might be easier than trying to figure out the shipping?

Hope you have a great trip!

Can't help with the shipping question but just FYI - the store in the Grand Ceremonial House sells 24-packs of Dasani for a decent price, $6.99 I think. Very reasonable price for Disney standards. Might be easier than trying to figure out the shipping?

If you have an AP you can also get a 20% merchandise discount off the case of water. We did this at POFQ in January. Cost us $5.59 for the case.

Wow, I thought the cases of water were $15! Why do I bring my own? An extra $3 over grocery store price is not worth the hassle!

So water can be taken care of in the gift shop. How about half and half for my coffee? I could sink to whole milk from Capt Cooks if necessary.

The awesome moderator, rteetz, over at The News Round Up 2017 thread posted this link with confirmation that this is more than a rumor, it will be happening. Security checks will be moving. I wonder how this change will impact getting to MK & EP from the Poly for resort guests? Obviously it will take a little longer but how significantly will it impact the morning rush? We are planning on our first stay there in August 2018. Those who experience it in the coming months please keep us posted!

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/03/rumor...tructured-screening-moving-ttc-resort-hotels/

They already did this at Disneyland and it helped A LOT with the crowd flow. Before the change they crowded everyone in front of the parks and it took us a good 30-45 minutes to get through security. Now with the changes, we usually get through in less than 5.

Last edited:
14 days! I can't believe we will be there so soon!

I am very excited. I have no one to share excitement with yet. DH is pretty lukewarm on Disney, and that might be an overstatement. Waiting until next weekend to tell DS. Then we will tell dd the morning we leave, if he can keep it quiet. :)

Hi! :) I've never stayed at the Polynesian before. I booked a stay there for this August - well, I actually booked 2, with the intention to cancel one - same dates, but one in a regular standard view room, and one in a DVC villa standard view studio. I'm leaning towards the villa because of the 2nd shower, since we're a party of 5. But when I looked at the map, I'm wondering if we'll get stuck in Pago Pago. If we were to get Pago Pago, is it not as far from the GCH as it looks on the map? Would you recommend a regular room over a DVC standard studio to avoid the chance of Pago Pago? If I'm able to put in a request, which building would you recommend for me to request? Also, if the pago pago rooms can face the parking lot, are there patios/balconies overlooking a parking lot?
Thank you! :)

We are on our way now. Anyone there that can tell us what color mugs they have now? My kids just asked, I think they are hoping for different colors than we got in September. ( even though our old ones have no handles)

Hi! :) I've never stayed at the Polynesian before. I booked a stay there for this August - well, I actually booked 2, with the intention to cancel one - same dates, but one in a regular standard view room, and one in a DVC villa standard view studio. I'm leaning towards the villa because of the 2nd shower, since we're a party of 5. But when I looked at the map, I'm wondering if we'll get stuck in Pago Pago. If we were to get Pago Pago, is it not as far from the GCH as it looks on the map? Would you recommend a regular room over a DVC standard studio to avoid the chance of Pago Pago? If I'm able to put in a request, which building would you recommend for me to request? Also, if the pago pago rooms can face the parking lot, are there patios/balconies overlooking a parking lot?
Thank you! :)

We stayed in the very LAST DVC Villa in Moorea. As in we stepped out our door and could see the boats from the TTC. We still didn't think it was that far at all to go to the GCH and we loved that we could just go to the TTC to hop on the monorail instead if we wanted!

What time do the Poly pools close in April??

I don't have the answer, but hopefully others will be able to give some information :flower3:.

14 days! I can't believe we will be there so soon!

I am very excited. I have no one to share excitement with yet. DH is pretty lukewarm on Disney, and that might be an overstatement. Waiting until next weekend to tell DS. Then we will tell dd the morning we leave, if he can keep it quiet. :)

You will be there before you know it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

We are on our way now.

Have a great time! :yay:

We have two 7am MK days while we are there. I have a few questions and I'm getting close to the answer by searching, but not quite, maybe not the right search terms.

If we want to be at the tapstiles at 6:45am, what would be a good time to get to the monorail. 6:20, is that too late?

Should we go with the poly or the ttc monorail stop? I read there is an express rail to MK from ttc, but not sure if it's really going to save any time from the poly one at that time of day.

Thanks!

We stayed in the very LAST DVC Villa in Moorea. As in we stepped out our door and could see the boats from the TTC. We still didn't think it was that far at all to go to the GCH and we loved that we could just go to the TTC to hop on the monorail instead if we wanted!
Good to hear, thank you! :)

Is there a 2nd hot tub by the Oasis Pool? I'm looking online but still am not sure? Also, by looking at the map it looks like the main pools hot tub is closest to the Hawaii longhouse. Is that correct? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter