• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like the Poly isn't part of the summer discounts. We're planning on staying there in early September but if we can get a discount. Does it not being part of the summer discounts mean it probably won't be part of the fall ones either?

So it looks like the Poly isn't part of the summer discounts. We're planning on staying there in early September but if we can get a discount. Does it not being part of the summer discounts mean it probably won't be part of the fall ones either?

That's not accurate that it's not part of the summer discounts that just came out. I just searched a random week in July and there was a 15% discount for a standard room room-only reservation. There might not be a huge inventory or rooms during the summer allocated to this offer, but there are some for sure.

I would expect a discount in September, especially early September. But like all discounts you have to be somewhat quick on the draw as the number of rooms Disney allocates to various discounts is always limited.

It technically is part of the newly released discount, they just don't have any rooms available for it! I called this morning to try and apply it to our late June reservation and no luck - no rooms available to be able to apply the discount. The CM suggested I try back later closer to our dates to see if rooms open up.

Yeah, a 15% discount kinda stinks and tells me Poly is relatively full this summer. Doesn't surprise me that discounts are hard to come by!

I checked into Poly Saturday and an odd choice for the villas showed up. I was going to ask, but it was mentioned in the Boardwalk thread. Seems to be a system glitch. The code? Near paddock. Paddock is the pool at SSR.

I am a little disappointed with the discounts released today because I really wanted Poly, but the only thing available with a discount for my dates was Theme Park view or Club Level which is pricier than standard without a discount....I was able to get a good deal at the Boardwalk, but I will keep checking to see if the Poly opens up and when the APs come out . . .I am thinking probably not since there was not availability at the start :( I do know an agency has a huge block of rooms starting a few days after we check that they are selling as their 'agency exclusive' if I check out BEFORE that date I can grab a standard but not inclusive of so I guess there are slim pickings left for my dates. I can get it at rack rate so I guess I'll hem and haw for a while .....Oh well, I am excited to be walking distance from World Showcase if I can't have a pina colada with my toes in the sand for the MK Fireworks :)

This might be a silly question, but I was scouring this thread & read a post that said they hoped for 2 queens but got stuck with a king upon check-in. We are a party of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids) booked in a regular standard view room - obviously a king wouldn't cut it for 5 people. Do we run a risk of getting that or will they definitely put a party of our size into a 2 queen room?

I am a little disappointed with the discounts released today because I really wanted Poly, but the only thing available with a discount for my dates was Theme Park view or Club Level which is pricier than standard without a discount....I was able to get a good deal at the Boardwalk, but I will keep checking to see if the Poly opens up and when the APs come out . . .I am thinking probably not since there was not availability at the start :( I do know an agency has a huge block of rooms starting a few days after we check that they are selling as their 'agency exclusive' if I check out BEFORE that date I can grab a standard but not inclusive of so I guess there are slim pickings left for my dates. I can get it at rack rate so I guess I'll hem and haw for a while .....Oh well, I am excited to be walking distance from World Showcase if I can't have a pina colada with my toes in the sand for the MK Fireworks :)
Same happened to me. Really wanted Poly for last week in August. No availability for today's discount. So, I booked Yacht Club instead. We always stay at bc/yc and wanted to try something new. I will keep checking back.

Hi Folks!
We will be arriving on a Sat. evening in May and staying by Disney Springs. We will then be "checking in" at 7am at the Poly the following morning. Will they think we are nutso checking that early?? We certainly don't expect a room to be ready but that is just when we are arriving so we can get to MK as early as possible.

We would like to grab a coffee and muffin or such at Kona Island before we head to MK. Has anyone had the ICED coffee? They DO have decaf, correct?

Thank you! :)

Hi Folks!
We will be arriving on a Sat. evening in May and staying by Disney Springs. We will then be "checking in" at 7am at the Poly the following morning. Will they think we are nutso checking that early?? We certainly don't expect a room to be ready but that is just when we are arriving so we can get to MK as early as possible.

We would like to grab a coffee and muffin or such at Kona Island before we head to MK. Has anyone had the ICED coffee? They DO have decaf, correct?

Yes, they'll think you're nutso for checking in so early. They do have decaf, but I didn't see iced coffee last time I was there. I'm sure they can whip up something for you. Have a great time. Poly is an amazing resort.

Hi Folks!

no way will they think you are nutso for checking in so early! people do it all the time.. we have often done it. quite a few times we would hop in the car and leave a day early, just to get to florida. check in a cheapo room on 192 in kissimee, lie by the pool, go to old town, eat at ponderosa. check into our disney resort at 8 am! bell services will hold your luggage. you can use al the amenities. we like to hang by the pool. but once our room was ready that early!
other times checking in about noon, our room was ready.. OR they had one ready for us, but it wasn't what we liked andsaid we are willing to wait for a room more to our liking. (I'd rather wait a couple hours then spend the whol 7-10 days in a room we don't care for) .
you'd be amazed at how often we said we would wait for a better room, get all settled at the pool, and get the text the room is ready!

Staying at Poly DVC in June. I've heard it's very noisy there, is that true? Otherwise very excited! I haven't been in June yet, are the crowds crazy?
Thank you!!

Hi Folks!

We have checked in early (between 7:30 and 9:30 am) on our last seven trips and plan to check in early again when we arrive in August!! We always get the first flight out so we can start our vacation as soon as possible! We just leave our bags at bell services and already have a small bag packed with pool supplies (especially travel size sunscreen) to apply and then we hit the pool! Twice at that hour they even had a room ready for us!!
Have a great trio!!

Hello everyone, I'm super excited for our first Disney trip coming up April 15th. I researched all the resorts and the Poly seems like the right choice for our family. I booked a standard view room for our family of 4 (2adults, 2kids). I want to send in a request on touring plans. Which longhouse should I request? I would like to maybe try to get somewhat of a nicer view even though we do have standard view. Also what floor would be best? My husband thinks first floor, but I think third might be best due to the balcony. Also, I would love the 2q queen beds and not the 1 king bed if all possible. Can I put that in the request also? Thanks!

Hi Folks!
We will be arriving on a Sat. evening in May and staying by Disney Springs. We will then be "checking in" at 7am at the Poly the following morning. Will they think we are nutso checking that early??

That's totally normal.

Nutso is arriving on 11:59pm the night before and expecting a room available at 12am on the dot. It happens way more than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter