Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We were on the DVC side in Tokelau, ground floor room. The construction was no issue to us. An eyesore when taking the monorail to be sure, but that is about it. I will say that we had originally booked a standard view room, and we moved to the villas because we didn't want to risk getting a view of the construction.
Good to know! How’d you like the room? Did you request that longhouse? Any issues with the smoking section nearby? Thanks so much!!

Good to know! How’d you like the room? Did you request that longhouse? Any issues with the smoking section nearby? Thanks so much!!

The room was great. It was just two of us, but the two bathrooms was nice. It was nice being able to sit out on our ground floor patio and just enjoy the ambience. Yes I had requested Tokelau, as it is the more central longhouse of the options for the villas. No issues whatsoever with the smoking section, didn't even know where it was.

Do they still offer microwaves upon request if they have any on the hotel side or did they stop?

Driving is faster than the monorail?
Sometimes, depends on time of day. We used to drive everywhere except MK. But we now take WDW transportation. Especially with the skyliner option to Epcot and HS. Although we rarely do rope drop anymore with the ability to stack rides. DH LOVES the skyliner to the point he considers it another attraction, lol!
For rope drop specifically, I would drive. Although depending on which park it may be a looooooong walk from car to entrance. Of course the earlier you arrive, the better your parking.

Staying in early April and just caught wind of the construction. We’re in a studio villa, are we safe from it? Last time we stayed in a villa there a few years back there was construction in the ticketing center and it was miserable, loud backup beeping all night.
I have been hunting for a discount for a year with no luck. I don’t want to pay that rack rate if its going to be loud construction outside our room!

Staying in early April and just caught wind of the construction. We’re in a studio villa, are we safe from it? Last time we stayed in a villa there a few years back there was construction in the ticketing center and it was miserable, loud backup beeping all night.
I have been hunting for a discount for a year with no luck. I don’t want to pay that rack rate if its going to be loud construction outside our room!
construction is on the other side of the villas, towards grand floridian. youre good.

I am a big Disney bubble person and used to feel the same way about driving, although I never liked Disney buses. Then, I had a rental car on a WDW trip, and I was amazed at the convenience, consistency, relaxation, and time savings of driving from the resorts to the theme parks (except MK) and MCO Airport. I play Disney Park music on the car ride.
That could help....The Musik that is :rolleyes1 LoL... But, that's the beauty of these discussions.... to each his/her own.. there's not right or wrong way to do Disney!! As long as you're down there, everything is always magical..... :confused3Most of the time..:)

We have a Club Level Garden View room booked for our next trip. I’ve read to request a room further away from the Club end of the longhouse so our view won’t be the side of the Samoa longhouse - not sure the best way to word that request. Our main request would be a 3rd floor balcony room. Any suggestions?

We have a Club Level Garden View room booked for our next trip. I’ve read to request a room further away from the Club end of the longhouse so our view won’t be the side of the Samoa longhouse - not sure the best way to word that request. Our main request would be a 3rd floor balcony room. Any suggestions?
Request 3rd floor with view of pool preferred?

We are recently back from 6 nights at the Poly. I loved the Moana themed rooms. So fun! We booked a standard view room so I was really nervous that we'd get a construction view. I called a few weeks prior and requested Niue or Raratonga. Instead we got Tuvalu 3rd floor on the corner near the marina. I was pleasantly impressed with the view for it being standard.

Head on view:
20230226_104408.jpg

Sideways views:
20230226_104425.jpg
20230226_104416.jpg
20230226_104413.jpg

We are recently back from 6 nights at the Poly. I loved the Moana themed rooms. So fun! We booked a standard view room so I was really nervous that we'd get a construction view. I called a few weeks prior and requested Niue or Raratonga. Instead we got Tuvalu 3rd floor on the corner near the marina. I was pleasantly impressed with the view for it being standard.

Head on view:
View attachment 742765

Sideways views:
View attachment 742766
View attachment 742767
View attachment 742768
I really fail to see how this is a Standard view. It's more like "obscured marina view". Very nice!

Head on view:
View attachment 742765

Sideways views:
View attachment 742766
View attachment 742767
View attachment 742768
Relieved to get a recent good review of someone with a standard room! How busy was it when you were there? I’m also going there for 6 nights but during a very busy time (Easter-time) so just curious what my odds are!

Relieved to get a recent good review of someone with a standard room! How busy was it when you were there? I’m also going there for 6 nights but during a very busy time (Easter-time) so just curious what my odds are!
We were there around Presidents Day. It was really crowded! But we kept a flexible mindset and made the best of it. A couple points:
- We did online checkin and listed an early arrival time of 10 am. In my called in room request I said room location was more important than time room was ready. Got the text at 12:30 pm.
- We went to the pool twice around 11:30 am and 2:30 pm. Both times we could only find 1 chair to place towels at.
- We mobile ordered at Captain Cookes multiple times during peak times. After pushing the "I'm here" button, our orders took 15-25 mins to be ready. Loved the food.
- We visited all 4 parks and had good monorail and bus service.
- We rope dropped AK and HS and got the first bus of the day, approximately 1 hr 20 mins prior to early entry.
- Daily housekeeping was amazing. We even got towel art!
20230225_185431.jpg
20230225_185420.jpg

We were there around Presidents Day. It was really crowded! But we kept a flexible mindset and made the best of it. A couple points:
- We did online checkin and listed an early arrival time of 10 am. In my called in room request I said room location was more important than time room was ready. Got the text at 12:30 pm.
- We went to the pool twice around 11:30 am and 2:30 pm. Both times we could only find 1 chair to place towels at.
- We mobile ordered at Captain Cookes multiple times during peak times. After pushing the "I'm here" button, our orders took 15-25 mins to be ready. Loved the food.
- We visited all 4 parks and had good monorail and bus service.
- We rope dropped AK and HS and got the first bus of the day, approximately 1 hr 20 mins prior to early entry.
- Daily housekeeping was amazing. We even got towel art!
View attachment 742887
View attachment 742888

I love the towel flower! How did you find the noise situation from the construction?

I love the towel flower! How did you find the noise situation from the construction?
Thankfully, we didn't notice any construction noise. Being on the corner near the outside stairs, we certainly heard that door bang closed. And the music from fireworks and Electric water pageant were quite loud, so not a good room if you want to go to sleep early. We never heard any of our neighbors which was nice.

Head on view:
View attachment 742765

Sideways views:
View attachment 742766
View attachment 742767
View attachment 742768
WoW... Looks like it was an ideal spot. TBH.....Not too far from main lobby... And nice pics, BTW.

Just got back from our stay where we rented one night (2/23) in a standard studio. No room requests, I've visited Poly a few times but never stayed there, so I really knew nothing about the layout.

We had a lovely view from room 2926 in Tokelau, near the elevator on the opposite side of the quiet pool. Loved this location since the TTC was so close, had no idea just how short that walk is and it turned out to be handy since the resort monorail was down when we returned from Epcot that evening! Walk to pool/lobby was quite easy as well.

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4682.JPG

IMG_4683.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4698.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

The refurb is beautiful, I got nervous because the photos on the Disney website still list the old rooms with the sofa bed but phew, the rooms do all have the Murphy now. All of the artwork in the room was gorgeous, it was so bright and colorful and not at all drab and sterile looking.

The queen Murphy has the same mattress as the Murphy at Riviera, it is thinner and foamier than a normal mattress but still is comfortable to sleep on as an adult. The Dolphin still wins my comfiest bed award but I had no complaints about sleeping on the Poly Murphy and wouldn't mind doing so for a full trip.

The larger bathroom with the tub was huge, the shower pressure left a little to be desired (felt like a firehose, would not be good on sun burn) but my friend loved the shower in the smaller bathroom, she just used the regular shower head and not the rainfall head.

Room was super spacious overall, even with the Murphy down, and the balcony was enormous. Friend did some remote work at the table and said the chairs were comfy. Neither of us knew what to make of the new "Hey Disney!" device, nor could we figure out how to turn the screen off (too lazy to look it up) so we just turned it around, LOL!

We were around the pool area in the late afternoon on our check-in and check-out day, and Thursday was far busier than Friday. We had no trouble finding pool chairs at the main pool on Friday, but switched to the quiet pool when the sun started going down and it was so much more relaxing and the sun was in the perfect spot to make the quiet pool soooo nice and warm.

This was a splurge for us and I probably wouldn't be able to stay more than a few nights in the future, but we loved it. The monorail to MK was amazing, doing early entry was so easy. I would hesitate to stay for a full trip (even if I could afford it) because we did not like the buses. We took a bus between HS and Poly both directions during the trip, and both trips were the longest bus waits I have had at WDW in a LONG time, 25-30 minutes for both buses midday (not the worst but lately I have had great bus service at other resorts, plus I am used to walking or the Skyliner and forgot how much I hate waiting for buses). I also did not like sharing the bus, same with the race expo bus.

Overall loved it and can't wait to go back someday for a couple of nights when we are doing MK/Epcot or resort days!

The room was great. It was just two of us, but the two bathrooms was nice. It was nice being able to sit out on our ground floor patio and just enjoy the ambience. Yes I had requested Tokelau, as it is the more central longhouse of the options for the villas. No issues whatsoever with the smoking section, didn't even know where it was.

What kind of room were you in? Two bathrooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter