Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Great Map ! I am staying standard view DVC studio, is it possible to request a building ? Tokelau looks like the best long house for being close to the pool and ceremonial house ? Any other good choices for DVC studio room requests ?

According to Touring Plans
Thanks for the Great Map ! I am staying standard view DVC studio, is it possible to request a building ? Tokelau looks like the best long house for being close to the pool and ceremonial house ? Any other good choices for DVC studio room requests ?

According to Touring Plans, Tokelau, Pago Pago and Moorea are the DVC studio rooms. They show views from many of the rooms on their website. Based on this, I am requesting "Tokelau,Flr 3,W-facing room.Exmple:3940,3939,3941,3942,3943,3944,3945,3946". The pictures of these rooms on their website look like a view of the quiet pool and the GF. If you subscribe to their website, they will even send in a room request fax for you. I did this the last time we stayed at OKW. We got the exact location we requested.

Just for some information that may be helpful to anyone booking-

I have a reservation in March. I booked pool view and know the resort well. I called today to request Rarotonga for a view of the quiet pool. The gal on the phone was pretty knowledgeable, actually, and she let me know that the "pool view" longhouses are FIJI and SAMOA only. Rarotonga is not listed on their system as pool view, even though it overlooks the quiet pool.

Also, I was unable to change my reservation to a standard room in order to make my request, so I'm bummed! (standard is sold out for my dates)

I don't know if the thread manager/creator can put this on the first few pages under the room information, but it would help future folks with their bookings. Maybe it is clear to other people?? But I thought one side of Rarotonga would be considered Pool View.

I thought the same and was also told the same. Hmmm.

I have a reservation in March. I booked pool view and know the resort well. I called today to request Rarotonga for a view of the quiet pool. The gal on the phone was pretty knowledgeable, actually, and she let me know that the "pool view" longhouses are FIJI and SAMOA only. Rarotonga is not listed on their system as pool view, even though it overlooks the quiet pool.

Also, I was unable to change my reservation to a standard room in order to make my request, so I'm bummed! (standard is sold out for my dates)

I don't know if the thread manager/creator can put this on the first few pages under the room information, but it would help future folks with their bookings. Maybe it is clear to other people?? But I thought one side of Rarotonga would be considered Pool View.

I thought the same and was also told the same. Hmmm.

FYI, we had 3 parties from our family at Poly last week booked in 3 pool view rooms. All 3 were in Rarotonga facing the quiet pool. :confused3

interesting because Fiji looks more like marina view than pool view! Are they the same category?

Last edited:

We are booked for 5 nights in A Poly DVC studio in March (our first time to WDW). Unfortunately, my husband is going to have to take some work calls while we are there. Aside from taking them in the room, are there any quiet nooks at the resort that anyone knows of? Does the business center have phone rooms? To enjoy his family time he will likely want to schedule his calls while the kids nap, which would make being in the room tough. Any ideas?

We are booked for 5 nights in A Poly DVC studio in March (our first time to WDW). Unfortunately, my husband is going to have to take some work calls while we are there. Aside from taking them in the room, are there any quiet nooks at the resort that anyone knows of? Does the business center have phone rooms? To enjoy his family time he will likely want to schedule his calls while the kids nap, which would make being in the room tough. Any ideas?
Only the resorts with conference centers have business centers. Polynesian unfortunately does not have one. The shared spaces at the Great Ceremonial house will always be loud. The DVC longhouses have very small chat areas, but they are not private and people will be walking in and out. There is a secondary bathroom area in the studios. Not sure how quiet that would be with napping or if a chair could fit/work in there. DVC studios all have patios/balconies. Depending on the location of your room that may be quiet.

That's a tough one - it can be hard to find a quiet indoor spot at Poly for calls. I usually end up on the balcony and just work the mute button like crazy if I have a room where you can hear the background music (which is usually the case).

If he wants to take a monorail ride, the 3rd level (I think it’s the 3rd level) of CR is super quiet (if no conference going on) and is a good place for calls. Not all that convenient though.

Based on this, I am requesting "Tokelau,Flr 3,W-facing room.Exmple:3940,3939,3941,3942,3943,3944,3945,3946". The pictures of these rooms on their website look like a view of the quiet pool and the GF. If you subscribe to their website, they will even send in a room request fax for you. I did this the last time we stayed at OKW. We got the exact location we requested.
How would I go about making a request like this? Do I FAX, or is it possible to email?

That's a tough one - it can be hard to find a quiet indoor spot at Poly for calls. I usually end up on the balcony and just work the mute button like crazy if I have a room where you can hear the background music (which is usually the case).

If he wants to take a monorail ride, the 3rd level (I think it’s the 3rd level) of CR is super quiet (if no conference going on) and is a good place for calls. Not all that convenient though.
Sounds like get a room with a patio might be our best bet. I wasn’t planning on making a room request but I’ll try that.

Yup. Booked Pool/Marina View, requested Rarotonga and received Rarotonga.

Do you know if any of them were on the 1st floor? This may sound like a stupid question, but since the view is limited from the ground, would the ground level floor still be called Marina/Pool view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter