Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the Great Map ! I am staying standard view DVC studio, is it possible to request a building ? Tokelau looks like the best long house for being close to the pool and ceremonial house ? Any other good choices for DVC studio room requests ?

We stayed at Tokelau and loved it! It was just far enough from the lava pool and GCH that it was fairly quiet, but only about 2-3 minute walk to each. It was pretty close to the TTC too. Also, although we were on the 2nd floor and closer to the monorail side of the building than the lake side, we could see the fireworks pretty clearly from our deck.

Just changed my reservation for my family of 5 from The Boardwalk to the Poly for next summer. What is your best advice, tips, best room request (we are staying in a standard view room) etc for the Poly, this will be our first time staying at this resort?
Also, this is my daughter's senior trip and we are planning on having her senior pictures done while we are there(my dh is a photographer), any great hidden spots you would all recommend?

Just changed my reservation for my family of 5 from The Boardwalk to the Poly for next summer. What is your best advice, tips, best room request (we are staying in a standard view room) etc for the Poly, this will be our first time staying at this resort?
Also, this is my daughter's senior trip and we are planning on having her senior pictures done while we are there(my dh is a photographer), any great hidden spots you would all recommend?
Congratulations on the resort change and upcoming grad!
Poly is a beautiful resort and there are many spots to take a picture. There is a little bench area in front of the bungalows and that has provided some nice grassy photos with the resort or bungalows in the background but probably the best spot would be on the sandy beach where the Spirit of Aloha is. It’s quiet during the day and very pretty. We usually stay club level in the Hawaii building but right after it is Samoa. This building is in a great location. Across from the Oasis pool on one side and the main pool on the other. I prefer the Oasis pool side, it’s quieter. Great Ceremonial House is a short walk away and so is the transportation. All of the long houses are a short walk to GCH and have something great about them ( view, accessibility, peacefulness etc..) This is our favorite resort and I know it is for many on these boards. Have a great time!

Congratulations on the resort change and upcoming grad!
Poly is a beautiful resort and there are many spots to take a picture. There is a little bench area in front of the bungalows and that has provided some nice grassy photos with the resort or bungalows in the background but probably the best spot would be on the sandy beach where the Spirit of Aloha is. It’s quiet during the day and very pretty. We usually stay club level in the Hawaii building but right after it is Samoa. This building is in a great location. Across from the Oasis pool on one side and the main pool on the other. I prefer the Oasis pool side, it’s quieter. Great Ceremonial House is a short walk away and so is the transportation. All of the long houses are a short walk to GCH and have something great about them ( view, accessibility, peacefulness etc..) This is our favorite resort and I know it is for many on these boards. Have a great time!

Thank you so much! We are so excited to experience this resort, it is one both my husband and I have always wanted to stay at but know very little about.

I'm wondering, other than the beach or pool, are there any less crowded spots to watch the fireworks? My oldest two are 7 and 4, and have only ever seen fireworks once in person, so even if they can't get the full view they won't know the difference. DD doesn't do well in crowds. How crowded do the beaches get? We are going in 2 weeks. Thanks!

I'm wondering, other than the beach or pool, are there any less crowded spots to watch the fireworks? My oldest two are 7 and 4, and have only ever seen fireworks once in person, so even if they can't get the full view they won't know the difference. DD doesn't do well in crowds. How crowded do the beaches get? We are going in 2 weeks. Thanks!
We like to watch from any of the pathways between The Hawaii or Morrea longhouses. Last summer we found the music was piped in quite loudly along the pathways, compared to previous years. The bungalows do obscure your view of the castle, but you can still see the fireworks in the sky.

We were in Aerotera back in October, and there’s a small beach kind of in back of that building (along the pathway to the GF) that is WAY less crowded than the main beach. I watched from the main beach the first night we were there, before I realized there was a small beach much closer to my room!

I always feel like, no matter where I stay, by the time I find my way around, it’s time to go home!

We were in Aerotera back in October, and there’s a small beach kind of in back of that building (along the pathway to the GF) that is WAY less crowded than the main beach. I watched from the main beach the first night we were there, before I realized there was a small beach much closer to my room!

I always feel like, no matter where I stay, by the time I find my way around, it’s time to go home!

Question if you don’t mind, how was the audio over on that other beach area? I’ve never had the opportunity to walk over there during fireworks. Thanks!

I watched from this other beach area in October of 2017 and I could barely hear the music. I MAY have cued up the fireworks on my phone and listened to them that way :rolleyes1
Would you mind sharing how to do this??

Question if you don’t mind, how was the audio over on that other beach area? I’ve never had the opportunity to walk over there during fireworks. Thanks!

My memory isn’t too good, but as far as I remember, there wasn’t audio directly in that part of the beach. But if you have little that won’t know the difference and are just interested in seeing some fireworks in an uncrowded area, I think it’s a good alternative to the main beach (even if it means the audio is far off).

I haven’t seen HEA in the park yet, and I don’t imagine that seeing it from anywhere other than on Main St. does it justice. So that brings me back to my main point of the side beach being a good alternative with little kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter