Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the patio discussions...we have a pool day planned for our trip in march and I am considering a patio but also wondering if it will be warm enough?!?! I'm thinking we may just wait and see...

I'm actually kindof worried about this, since we'll be doing our pool/patio day on 2/8. We are from WI, though, so it would have to be pretty darn cold to be COLD. :)

My understanding is that the pools are heated, so that's good. If it's chilly, we may just wear sweatshirts and still be out there. Jump in the pool as we want, and hang out/eat/drink/rest/etc in the patio thingy. Again, the cost wasn't crazy, so I don't feel like I'm out too much if we don't use it all day long.

Loving the patio discussions...we have a pool day planned for our trip in march and I am considering a patio but also wondering if it will be warm enough?!?! I'm thinking we may just wait and see...
I know the weather can vary wildly in March. Last time we went on spring it was early April and fine for swimming but I have read March can be cold one day and hot the next. I think the cancellation was either 24 or 48 hours so you can decide closer to the date if it seems too chilly. :beach:

I know the weather can vary wildly in March. Last time we went on spring it was early April and fine for swimming but I have read March can be cold one day and hot the next. I think the cancellation was either 24 or 48 hours so you can decide closer to the date if it seems too chilly. :beach:
We live in S Louisiana and the weather is comparable to Orlando and there’s one thing you can always guarantee about the weather here...it’s always changing. We have the a/c on one day and the heater the next.

Last edited:

Hello,

My family and I are booked for a Pool or Marina view in July. My family consists of my wife and two college age sons. Any suggestions on room requests would be greatly appreciated. Would also appreciate any tips on the Poly in general. I have been to WDW many times but this is our first stay at the Poly.

Thanks!

Fun!

The Pool or Marina View room category is relatively new, it has been around for approx just over a year now if I’m not mistaken. I ‘think’ most of the Pool/Marina View rooms are in Fiji and Samoa, although I’m not 100% certain about that. I will let others chime in on their longhouse preferences with this view category.

Poly resort rooms have a patio on the first floor, balcony on the third floor, and no outdoor space on the second floor. Second floor rooms have the same sliding glass balcony door, it just opens up to a Juliet-style railing. Many people request a first or third floor room as they prefer to have an outdoor space (of course, requests aren’t guaranteed).

Some other Poly tips...

- I enjoy MK fireworks viewing from the beach. The relatively straight on view from Poly is ideal for fireworks viewing.
- If you partake, Tambu Lounge outside of Ohana is perhaps my favorite resort bar on property.
- It’s corny, but I enjoy watching the Electrical Water Pageant when it makes its Poly stop at least one night per trip.
- I enjoy the food from the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill, it is surprisingly good for Disney resort/pool bar standards in my opinion.
- Being able to walk to the TTC to catch the monorail is ideal. I prefer this over needing to transfer monorails from the other MK monorail resorts.

Probably could go on, but I’ll leave it at that. Happy planning, and hope you enjoy your first Poly trip.

So I have a split stay booked. I chose pool/marina view. I really don't want Fiji. Which leaves me with Samoa. Although I really would prefer Rarotonga if it faced the Oasis pool (even if the pool could not be seen) but that is not pool/marina category so of course I don't want to pay for a pool view and get a standard view. I am very torn about my decision, as I really don't want a Samoa room facing the Lava pool. I want a bit more quiet. Did I do the right thing? Should I just have booked a garden view and asked for Rarotonga? I did not book the garden view because the only garden view I would want is Tokelau (but it's now DVC so that's out), or Rarotonga (again facing pool not monorail). I am not interested in any of the other garden view buildings based on their location. Anyone have any thoughts for me? I am literally obsessing over this, so stressful!

Last edited:

So I have a split stay booked. I chose pool/marina view. I really don't want Fiji. Which leaves me with Samoa. Although I really would prefer Rarotonga if it faced the Oasis pool (even if the pool could not be seen) but that is not pool/marina category so of course I don't want to pay for a pool view and get a standard view. I am very torn about my decision, as I really don't want a Samoa room facing the Lava pool. I want a bit more quiet. Did I do the right thing? Should I just have booked a garden view and asked for Rarotonga? I did not book the garden view because the only garden view I would want is Tokelau (but it's now DVC so that's out), or Rarotonga (again facing pool not monorail). I am not interested in any of the other garden view buildings based on their location. Anyone have any thoughts for me? I am literally obsessing over this, so stressful!

You lost me at So. :rotfl:

Anyways, according to Touring Plans room views, the second and third floor rooms of Rarotonga are considered pool/marina views (not sure of the accuracy, just pointing it out) but first floor rooms are garden view. However, most of the Queen room garden view on the first floor face the monorail.

At this point, I would recommend keeping your pool category and request Rarotonga, if Rarotonga is what you really want. Or you can just phone in a request and keep it simple, “facing the Oasis pool” and see what you get.

Hello Poly lovers!

For our next trip in February, we will not be staying at our beloved Polynesian :sad:. However, we will be right next door at the GF, and are planning to walk or monorail over a couple of times to get our Poly fix(es). The goals are: another collectible tiki mug from Trader Sam’s, pulled pork nachos, Lapu Lapu from Tambu, and ‘Ohana bread pudding.

Good thing the Poly is close/within walking distance! I understand your sadness as the Poly is our favorite and while I do like staying at other resorts (with the GF being one I love after the Poly), I do miss the Poly during those times. With that said, I hope you have a great trip and get your fill of the Poly until you can get back for another Poly stay :goodvibes.

Hello,

My family and I are booked for a Pool or Marina view in July. My family consists of my wife and two college age sons. Any suggestions on room requests would be greatly appreciated. Would also appreciate any tips on the Poly in general. I have been to WDW many times but this is our first stay at the Poly.

Thanks!

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Anywhere at the Poly is great (IMO), but my first choice would be Samoa as it's in a great location. It's right next to both pools, close to the GCH, beach & Captain Cooks, and isn't far from the boat dock. Enjoy the rest of your planning, hope you have a great trip in July :wizard:.

Some other Poly tips...

- I enjoy MK fireworks viewing from the beach. The relatively straight on view from Poly is ideal for fireworks viewing.
- If you partake, Tambu Lounge outside of Ohana is perhaps my favorite resort bar on property.
- It’s corny, but I enjoy watching the Electrical Water Pageant when it makes its Poly stop at least one night per trip.
- I enjoy the food from the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill, it is surprisingly good for Disney resort/pool bar standards in my opinion.
- Being able to walk to the TTC to catch the monorail is ideal. I prefer this over needing to transfer monorails from the other MK monorail resorts.

:thumbsup2

Anyways, according to Touring Plans room views, the second and third floor rooms of Rarotonga are considered pool/marina views (not sure of the accuracy, just pointing it out) but first floor rooms are garden view. However, most of the Queen room garden view on the first floor face the monorail.

At this point, I would recommend keeping your pool category and request Rarotonga, if Rarotonga is what you really want. Or you can just phone in a request and keep it simple, “facing the Oasis pool” and see what you get.

:joker: I know I know. Quite wordy!!! I'm sorry! I am trying to get out what's in my head lol.

Yes, that is what i currently requested...hoping I like it. For some reason I am a super paranoid about the view I get when I book any resort at WDW. I just feel for the $$, I want to be happy and I HATE not having control and not knowing until I get there.

Fun!

The Pool or Marina View room category is relatively new, it has been around for approx just over a year now if I’m not mistaken. I ‘think’ most of the Pool/Marina View rooms are in Fiji and Samoa, although I’m not 100% certain about that. I will let others chime in on their longhouse preferences with this view category.

Poly resort rooms have a patio on the first floor, balcony on the third floor, and no outdoor space on the second floor. Second floor rooms have the same sliding glass balcony door, it just opens up to a Juliet-style railing. Many people request a first or third floor room as they prefer to have an outdoor space (of course, requests aren’t guaranteed).

Some other Poly tips...

Probably could go on, but I’ll leave it at that. Happy planning, and hope you enjoy your first Poly trip.

Yes, when I called to book it, they told me it was Fiji or Samoa for the pool view.

Yes, that is what i currently requested...hoping I like it. For some reason I am a super paranoid about the view I get when I book any resort at WDW. I just feel for the $$, I want to be happy and I HATE not having control and not knowing until I get there.
Worst case scenario, if you truly hate your room view and/or location, you can ask for a change once you’re there. If nothing else is available, you can ask about making a switch for the following day. A room more to your liking could become available.

Any feedback on the comfort of the sleeper sofa and pull out bed on the Deluxe studio would be appreciated. I can switch my reservation from a pool/marina view to a deluxe studio and add a day for less than $200. That includes the free dining. My boys are 18 (5' 7") and 22 (5" 11") but very slim. I want to make sure that they would be comfortable sleeping on the sleeper sofa and pull out bed.

Any feedback on the comfort of the sleeper sofa and pull out bed on the Deluxe studio would be appreciated. I can switch my reservation from a pool/marina view to a deluxe studio and add a day for less than $200. That includes the free dining. My boys are 18 (5' 7") and 22 (5" 11") but very slim. I want to make sure that they would be comfortable sleeping on the sleeper sofa and pull out bed.

For how many days would they be sleeping on it? I had asked about it in another thread and didn't get many positive replies.

Cruising through the thread after returning home late last night - we were at the Polynesian 12/30 through yesterday. I didn't realize so many others from the thread were also there at the same time!

After a hellacious travel day (that ended up being TWO days thanks to flight delays and general awfulness), we blew off most of our plans for the trip and spent most of our time at the Oasis pool all week. Like, all of 12/30 was just a pool day start to finish with a break for Artist Point's new Snow White dinner (which was awesome, by the way)

New Year's Eve was spent in a nearly empty Trader Sam's followed by fireworks from the Volcano Pool deck.

Many drinks were had, much relaxing was done, and we wound up with a great room - 3801 in Rarotonga. Room was in good condition, didn't notice all of the issues people seem to have with maintenance or cleanliness.

Total turnaround from my other stay in October 2017 when I hated the club level room we ended up in. It was hard to leave yesterday!!

I'm a trip report writer, so I'll get started on one soon. Overall a wonderful trip, albeit VERRRY different from our usual ones.

Cruising through the thread after returning home late last night - we were at the Polynesian 12/30 through yesterday. I didn't realize so many others from the thread were also there at the same time!

After a hellacious travel day (that ended up being TWO days thanks to flight delays and general awfulness), we blew off most of our plans for the trip and spent most of our time at the Oasis pool all week. Like, all of 12/30 was just a pool day start to finish with a break for Artist Point's new Snow White dinner (which was awesome, by the way)

New Year's Eve was spent in a nearly empty Trader Sam's followed by fireworks from the Volcano Pool deck.

Many drinks were had, much relaxing was done, and we wound up with a great room - 3801 in Rarotonga. Room was in good condition, didn't notice all of the issues people seem to have with maintenance or cleanliness.

Total turnaround from my other stay in October 2017 when I hated the club level room we ended up in. It was hard to leave yesterday!!

I'm a trip report writer, so I'll get started on one soon. Overall a wonderful trip, albeit VERRRY different from our usual ones.

Sorry about your travel day(s) getting there, but sounds like you had a nice, relaxing stay. Glad you had an awesome trip and enjoyed the Poly :wizard:.

How do I go about making room requests? Is it only by phone? We have a Studio booked for our trip in June. I booked it online, and the only request option I saw was for an accessible room. Is a phone call required for all other requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter